Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ebay

Hi guys (and ladies),
I was thinking off selling some parts (nor m20). But I hear Ebay is charging 10% off the selling price.
Is that so ?
And if it is, is there an alternative ?

Re: Ebay

At most auction houses you would pay 15-20% plus vat as would the buyer, ebay only charges the seller so it does encourage bidding, but don't forget you also have to pay to receive money through paypal.

You could have a stall at an autojumble or use facebook but I don't know anything about that.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Michael,

Ebay charges about 10 to 15% percent of the total price and that is including postage! Paypal is indeed charging an additional fee and a very unvarouble exchange rate GPB to EURO (this applies to me as I live in the Netherlands). I have tried to sell some parts via ebay and in the end I paid around 23% to Ebay and Paypal. I quickly stopped doing that.

Alernatives are of course the "for sale/wanted" section of this forum and I use Facebook sometimes too.

Regards,
Bastiaan

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

Thanks guys,
23% Bastiaan, wauw, that's a lot !
I live in Holland as well, so the costs are very high.
Maybe I'll try facebook.

We use Ebay as a shop window with prices to cover our costs. There is enough information to be able to buy direct from us at a better price, strangely people use ebay ???

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

You can Sale on Facebook Marketplace and Gumtree for free , E-bay own Gumtree !

email (option): ianacott@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1