Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA KM20 1939 poster/chart.

BSA KM20 1939 Lubrication & Maintenance poster/chart,measures 18 inches width.

Re: BSA KM20 1939 poster/chart.

With MT1130 rear lamp. Very nice. That would be a very nice thing to have scanned at 1:1 Do you have the original ?

I'm not truly completely a BSA person, but I'd like a copy of that on the workshop wall.

Me too, Steve. I'm building an early WM21 that's just that spec...

Thats lovely, what contract does it say in the box on the left, its not clear enough to read.

Rob

Contract C3655, engine no KM20 2001-3602,frame no KM20 3001-4602, hasn't arrived yet, it's not in great condition, will probably have to frame it to preserve it, will look into getting it copied,will try and take some better photos.

Put me down for a copy if it can work please Steve. Even a decent A4 scan would be nice. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Steve S.
Contract C3655, engine no KM20 2001-3602,frame no KM20 3001-4602, hasn't arrived yet, it's not in great condition, will probably have to frame it to preserve it, will look into getting it copied,will try and take some better photos.
Thank you, I would like a copy as well please.

Its interesting I have the riders instruction book for that contract and it doesn't have the lubrication drawing in the back like later books, so I wonder at what scale these posters were issued, with each machine seems unlikely, so was it at unit level or just Ordnance Corps/ RASC workshop level?

Rob

Actually there is a simplified lubrication drawing in the instruction book, it would be interesting to see how many extra lubrication tasks are on the poster.

Rob

M20-C3655-1

M20-C3655-3

Another thought, the poster is folded 5 ways from side to side, so each section is 3.6 inches wide, it may actually fit in the instruction book folded?

Rob

I would like a copy as well.

email (option): leonhop3_at_planet_dot_nl

Thank you Steve.

Tool box lock and is that the pre war style Magneto end plate?

Also the oil tank emtying screw, not seen that double hex type before?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

That is the pre war magdyno drive end cover..Also the early type clutch operating arm...A degree of caution is needed though, some features shown in drawings (and catalogues) never made it onto the bikes and some things weren't shown at all...Like the toolbox fastener in the 'photographic' image of the M20.......Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Mmm, funny,
I did not notice before that this A9764 contract number was also used to buy BSA motorcycles!!
Number used for 500 +100 Norton machines delivered in 1938.
By that time the magdyno end cover was flat, not lobed, so it was an older picture used in the manual and shown in the C3655 lubrication and maintenance chart!
The 1937 Nortons had the lobed cover, 1938 not.

C3139 and C3655 were also mixed contracts. That I did notice before.

Cheers,

Rob

email (option): wd16h@telfort.nl

Rob, both manufaturers are listed on the original A9764 demand in the Ministry of Supply ledgers.

Which surplus mudguard stay was deleted, resulting in a rebate of fivepence-ha'penny per machine ?

A9764-Demand-Cropped

free image hosting

Nieuwe pagina 1