Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
In loving memory of Henk Joore 27th of June 1956 - 22th of April 2023

Dear all,

It is with deep sadness and heavy hearts that we inform you all of the death of our friend, Henk Joore, who passed away on 22 April 2023. Henk’s health continued to deteriorate since his heart attack in 2019, which led to his death last Saturday.
We will remember Henk as a very joyful and helpful BSA enthusiast, who brought the knowledge about WD motorcycles in general and BSA M20’s specifically, to a next level. Henk was a real pioneer when he created this forum and website, thereby enabling motorcycle enthusiasts from around the world to get in to contact with each other, share information, which in some cases led to long lasting friendships. In accordance with Henk’s wishes, the funeral took place in a private ceremony today.
Henk will be greatly missed and will always be in our loving memory as a dedicated and passionate BSA rider. We wish Linda, Vincent and Maarten all strength in these sad days.
On behalf of Linda and the children, we would like to ask everyone, who wishes to leave a message for them, to post it here within this thread.

Nick & Bastiaan
Forum management

email (option): bsawm20@hotmail.com

Re: In loving memory of Henk Joore 27th of June 1956 - 22th of April 2023

My sincere condolences to Linda, Maarten and Vincent on the passing of my dear friend Henk. I have known Henk for more than 30 years. We have travelled to many rallies, Normandy commemorations, shows, jumbles and WHY many times. We always had meaningful conversations during our travels. I will miss him very much.

Henk-Joore

email (option): leonhop3_at_planet_dot_nl

A great and nice guy is gone...we will miss him.
Rip henk

Roy

I'll miss my buddy...
Sincere condolences to Linda, Maarten and Vincent.
Rest in peace Henk.
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

I'm very sad to hear of Henks passing...He was a great bloke and we enjoyed many good times in Normandy on the D Day Tours...You have to admire a man who tows an M20 all the way from Holland with a Citroen 2CV!!...(Henks other addiction along with M20s)...

Everyone on the forum owes him a great debt for making this great resource available to us and for running it for many years...Hopefully it will remain as a lasting tribute to him....My sincere condolences go to all of his family....Cheers Henk....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Very sad news to hear about Henks’ passing…

Thanks for all the effort you’ve put in this website and the nice conversations we’ve had!
I wish Linda all the strength to bare this great loss.

Warm regards,

Sven

Terrible news, rest in peace Henk, we will all miss you.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I'll sadly miss Henk for sure. Many happy hours learning at least 3 Dutch words when Leon and Henk picked me up each year for Stafford and riding together in France. Never to be repeated. Lots of love to Linda and the boys. Ron

Nrmandy-2010-010

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Well, that is really sad news. I had never actually met Henk but had used his services many times over the years and found his ability to unravel identity issues from the factory achieves incredibly helpful even when the ledgers were by engine number and I only had a frame number. His assistance will be sorely missed. I did have an email from Lynda in March but hadn't realised things were so serious. My thoughts are with his family. Regards, Pete

I'm so sorry to hear this. Dear old knowledgeable, friendly, helpful Henk with his own special oblique look at the world. I'd still been hoping to meet him again out and about somewhere.

My condolences to Linda, Vincent and Maarten.

Take care, Henk. Wherever the road takes you.

Rik

A severe blow to the WD motorcycle world!
My most sincere condolances to Linda, Maarten and Vincent, a special family.

Henk was the reason I started the WD Norton website after discussions during our trip to Normandy in 2004.
Met Henk first time during a commemorative tour starting in Rhenen in the 1990 ties, an immediate click with a lively and fun guy of almost the same age (2 weeks younger than me)! Both participating in the making of a film in 2005 which was an entertaining experience.
A fine travel companion to have at autojumbles as we were not looking for the same parts Norton/BSA and thus not in each others way when something turned up.
Took Richard P. and me by surprise by suddenly mooning with his white arse in his camper in Normandy! Burned in my retina.
Has helped many times with removing texts from old pictures, something I will miss for certain.

Severely struck by his heart attack on top of a mountain, it was a wonder he returned home to have some more years.
My last email exchange a few months ago made me worried but I did not want to intrude by forcing my company.
Regret that now, will definitly miss him.

Henk, all the best,

Rob

email (option): wd16h@telfort.nl

I am so saddened to hear of Henks death. We may never have met but I am another of so many who own so much to Henk for his support during my WM20 ownership. This website and forum is quite some legecy Henk. RIP pal and my condolences to Henks family and friends.

Dean

What a sad news...

Henk, I remember you most from our yearly trip strolling on the Netley Eurojumble, you always in company with Leon, I with my dad. We constantly ran into eachother and sharing finds and thoughts, great times!

It was you with your great collection of pictures who fuelled my passion for the early M20's which gave me so much pleasure. You were always willing to share info, pictures, calculate C-numbers and look up numbers up in the factory ledgers. I loved our exchange of thoughts over small details on the new pictures you found.

Your great website, together with your unique group of 'forumfriends' helped so many and your relaxed way of running the forum worked so well for all those years. It is so good to see it continues so well.

No doubt you will be missed greatly, your relaxed attitude will always be an example for me and I will remember you with a big smile. Thanks a lot!, Michiel

Henk was my first contact on this (his) site, when I started my WM21 project with half a frame. He was really helpful and encouraging. We never got to meet, but I thank him. RIP Henk.

Very sad to hear of Henk's passing. My thoughts and best wishes go to his family. I found Henk great company during several Normandy tours and at various UK autojumbles over the years. A great sense of humour, he gave me this nickname! Ron's photo, shows the group chatting after returning from a day's riding in Normandy. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Henk was very open and willing to share his immense knowledge, I learnt so much from him about early WD M20s. I feel sure that his passion for WD bikes and the site he created, has inspired so many people to preserve WD bikes and to honour the memory of the people who rode them and, who sometimes made the ultimate sacrifice. We should all be grateful to Henk for his valued contribution to this history. Thanks Henk.

Very sad news
Henk is always in the heart and it is impossible for anyone who interacted with him or knew him well to forget him
He was a big brother and always helped people and it was a pleasure dealing with him
And to the family, our sincere condolences, and we pray to God, with the abundance of his mercy, that he enters heaven

email (option): sl_hussein@yahoo.com

So sad to hear this news. We always had a laugh, usually about Dutch words that meant something rude in English. He was always so laid back like an old hippy. I'm still mentally scarred after seeing him casually walking about in his Budgie smugglers around the campsite 😀
We were planning a trip to see him, but unfortunately the covid lockdown stopped that. I would have love to have seen him again. RIP Henk.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Sad news indeed.
Along with the others please pass on my condolences as well
Being in Australia I have never had the pleasure of meeting him face to face
But way back we regularly conversed by email
Nothing but admiration for the man and gratitude that he set up this forum which will be his enduring legecy

Had many dealings with Henk over the years never met him in person though, but had a connection thru BSA motorcycles which he loved. Condolences to his family.....God speed Henk..

Very sad news to read that Henk passed away.
By him I learned a lot for my first BSA WM20.
He always answered my questions directly, which was very helpfull for me.
RIP Henk.

I always found Henk to be a very helpful and very knowledgable man, Very sad to hear of his passing my most sincere condolences to his family, I am sure this wonderful forum will be his everlasting legacy RIP

At lost for suitable words to truly express my sadness at his passing. He was kind enough to share some thoughts few months back, but already his outlook was clouded by his physical challenges.

Some truly decent folks share their appreciation of dealing with those war horses and Henk helped me lots.

Rest well Henk.

A sincere Thank you very much from me for all Henk did for us in the WD motorcycle fraternity.
Saddening as always; the nice ones go first. regards, Vincent van G. (AOMCC)

email (option): info@wetblast.nl

Henk was a great guy. Always there to help. Gave advice on restoration of my 1937 m20. Went the extra mile to help me with documentation to show the AMCA in US that bike left the factory as a complete unit when they claimed engine and frame # should be the same! RIP, MY condolences to the family. Charlie

email (option): millcrocfarm@gmail.com

I am very sorry to hear this news. My first contact with Henk must have been decades ago. Coming from the same town, we shared memories of people and places related to the local WD motorcycle scene of the 70’s. Henk was also a font of knowledge for me when I started on what later proved to be the third overhaul of my WD M20. He patiently helped me with information, untangling a mismatch of parts and gave me lots of advice during the rebuild for which I am still very grateful. We will definitely miss him. My sincere condolences to Henk’s family and friends.

Very sad news – my sincere thanks to Henk for all he did for all the old motorcycling fraternity I could not have rebuilt my M20 without it and all the people on the web site. Thank you all. Doug W

email (option): a.d.watson@mail.com

A very sad time. A man with a fountain of knowledge who helped a lot of us get to know and love our M20’s……. RIP Henk

email (option): Parkin.gary@orange.fr

A sad loss indeed! He was always very helpful with the bikes and parts.

I hope his family are okay.

Danny

email (option): dannyburt152@gmail.com

Very sad to see this news, although we never met, Henk was one of the first people I was in touch with via this forum, and helped me out enormously on my M20 journey. The first step was a carb body to replace the one I had. I still use this, when I’m not racing the poor old engine. Deepest sympathy to all who knew Henk. Vale Henk

email (option): dickie.bobbie@hotmail.co.uk

my best wishes to his family . a great loss for BSA wm20 enthusiasts and great loss of his knowledge and help .

email (option): stuartbray.bsa@btopenworld.com

Nick Hendriks
Dear all,

It is with deep sadness and heavy hearts that we inform you all of the death of our friend, Henk Joore, who passed away on 22 April 2023. Henk’s health continued to deteriorate since his heart attack in 2019, which led to his death last Saturday.
We will remember Henk as a very joyful and helpful BSA enthusiast, who brought the knowledge about WD motorcycles in general and BSA M20’s specifically, to a next level. Henk was a real pioneer when he created this forum and website, thereby enabling motorcycle enthusiasts from around the world to get in to contact with each other, share information, which in some cases led to long lasting friendships. In accordance with Henk’s wishes, the funeral took place in a private ceremony today.
Henk will be greatly missed and will always be in our loving memory as a dedicated and passionate BSA rider. We wish Linda, Vincent and Maarten all strength in these sad days.
On behalf of Linda and the children, we would like to ask everyone, who wishes to leave a message for them, to post it here within this thread.

Nick & Bastiaan
Forum management
Very sad News. RIP Henk. I own one of his BSA M20 Motorcycles. Very kind person. Visited him a couple of times in the past. Always ready to help me out if I had some Beesaa questions.
His current BSA M21 stood model for the print on one of our Airborne Battle Wheels Oosterbeek T-shirts. ✨ My very sincere condoleances to all his loved ones.

A true old-school-cool biker. Keep the rubber side down Henk...

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

Truly sorry to hear this my Condolences to his family. Henk helped me out with a mag id plate which now sits proudly on my wd16h. I'm always grateful for the amazing friends who I consider my best friends I've made through this website that Henk made.
RIP Henk and happy riding in the sky.

Tj

email (option): tjsblade@googlemail.com

RIP Henk, Very sad news.

email (option): gino_kerekes@yahoo.co.uk

i am just one of very many people who benefitted from the work of Henk setting up this forum. as a WD M20 owner i have so valued the advice i have received, the comradely information shred and the kindness and interchange he first made possible. thank you Henk. Rest in Peace and all best regards to his family and friends. peter x

so sad to hear about Henks passing, he was a great knowledgeable person and helped me out many times. rest in peace Henk

barry

So saddened to hear of Henk’s passing - from that night I found the forum back in 2006/2007 he had been most helpful on the forum, offline & whenever we met in France or a U.K. jumble - good fun too

He was a friend to us all on here & the forum he created has resulted in so many bikes being back on the road with great friendships established along the way too

My thanks to Henk for further promoting my hobby of vintage motorcycles & military history - he was without doubt - one of life’s good people - I am happy to have known him in my journey
RIP Henk

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Nick Hendriks
Dear all,

Nick & Bastiaan
Forum management
Very sad news about Henk, I found him very helpful and extremely patient when I needed help and advice. What a fantastic legacy the site is!

email (option): richiewhite765@gmail.com

Never actually met Henk personally, although I was in contact with him a few times, helping me out with one or two problems, I was always grateful of his services on line R.I.P. Henk you were well thought of by all.

TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael39@gmail.com

Very sad news that Henk has passed away, never met him in person, RIP Henk.

Yes, very sad indeed! loved visiting him at his home, and discussing all sorts of things!

RIP Henk....

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbiXX.net

I was away for a while and only just saw this sad news. Henk, a great guy and a true Britbiker.
We will miss him.
All the best to his wife and (grand?)children.

What a bad news…

Some 15 years ago I was sent to NL to work on a project for a week,
And a colleague of mine arranged for me to meet with Henk.
Henk accepted us at home with a smile, showed me some BSA parts he just got, his 2CV and his son’s old Volvo (They were working on the gearbox)
And then the bikes at his shed and a skeleton of an old sidecar he was planning to fix.

He and Linda were so lovely, nice and welcoming that it is hard to explain, and I am getting emotional when remembering..

Then, few years later we met at Stafford, at Ian’s tent/booth. Again it was so great to see him and put face to some of the names from the forum..

Few weeks ago, my good buddy David, asked me to write on his behalf to Henk, as his English is not great, and so I did.
Henk was happy with the letter and replied to David.

I thought to wait for a while and write another email to Henk, this time from me.
Sadly and regrettably, I did not have the chance.

May his soul rest in peace.

Noam Zehavi.

Very sorry to hear of Henks passing, best wishes to his Family

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Henk, I and many others will miss you. Always in for good advice, a joke, a good conversation.
You will be missed many, but never forgotten.

Thanks for al the conversations, the tears and laughs.

Martien

Very sad news. Thank you Henk for all the fun and interesting conversations.
Rest in peace my friend.

email (option): boudewijn.van.beelen@gmail.com

Truly sad news. I do hope he will be riding his bikes on endless sunny days in heaven. JT

What a gut punch to hear of Henk's passing...Without him I would have sat on the side of the road many times. We met 20 years ago after I bought a WM20 in the east part of Holland and along with his knowledge, expertise and amazingly upbeat attitude, I got to ride along side him many times on the backroads of Arnhem, Oosterbeek, and all though the winding passages of Normandy. We have lost a good man with the passing of Henk.

email (option): BSAWM20@gmail.com

Hello Everyone,

Linda asked us to post the following on her behalf

Bastiaan and Nick.

Voor-de-website

email (option): bsawm20@hotmail.com

So sad to hear about Henk's departure. It's been a while since I visited the forum and when I found out about this I was really shocked.
Henk was always very friendly, always answering every query and offering to help.
He will be missed.
My condolences to his family and friends.
Matías.

email (option): mbilamdjian@gmail.com

T-Shirt designed by Henk for the 2000 BSA rally Uitdam.
Henk's Design, 2000 BSA RALLY, Uitdam Netherlands
Henks car at Genemuiden rally early 2000"s
Henk Genemuiden
Ray, John H and John B leaving Genemuiden rally, photos taken by Henk and passed on to us, all 3 BSA WD M20's still with owners and ridden all over Europe to various rallies
Ray and John H
John B

Henk, sent that T shirt to me, memories, thanks RIP

email (option): forthy@tpg.com.au

Nieuwe pagina 1