Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20 CRANK SEAL

Hi all, have fitted the driveside shim then bearing then circlip, spacer and other bearing but what seals the end crank bearing from the chaincase? Or does this not need to be sealed? Cant see any type of seal on my drawings.

Thanks

Re: M20 CRANK SEAL

The most common mod for this is to fit a 2RS version of the bearing.
The debate on popping out the inner seal or not will continue until the end of time!

email (option): LarkesrATgeemail.com

It's my experience that not much gets past the shim. Except in cases or serious wet sumping. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Don't forget the oil flinger plate which fits on the mainshaft against the flywheel 'cheek' and behind the inner bearing...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian, also the oil pump spindle worm drive which fits onto the timing side of the crank does this have a washer behind it(touching the crankcase) or does it go straight onto casing?

I don't understand were you mean a gasket might be? The only gasket is for the oil pump. (#41 is the worm drive #39 the oil pump gasket)

ScanA

Hi ron, in attached photo see where im pointing where the t.side crank comes through the casing there is approx 1.5mm gap around the shaft. When worm drive is installed onto the turned down keyed part then buts upto the shoulder does notthing go behind here

https://ibb.co/h98R1Qq

20231221-184438

Any oil that enters the timing chest is automatically drained back to the sump and then back to the tank. Ron

Thanks Ron was wondering why i couldnt see anything on any drawings

Nieuwe pagina 1