Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ariel W/NG census numbers low-tack-stencils now available from axholmesigns

Five years ago I’ve made a CAD drawing of the typical Royal Enfield style census numbers, so that Axholme could produce them as low tack stencils. (http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1412857&cmd=show). Since then I’ve seen many Royal Enfields with census numbers in the correct style, mission accomplished… 😊

But a couple of weeks ago I was talking to an Ariel W/NG owner who asked me if I could do the same thing with the typical Ariel stencil font (not to be confused with ARIAL.TTF, and also not to be confused with STENCIL.FNT which are both post war American fonts). So that’s exactly what I did. In the attached pictures you can see some war time examples, and a screenshot with all the numbers. Axholme sells them in 1" high or 1 1/4. In my opinion they should be 1”, about the same height as the Ariel logo just below the census number. (https://www.axholmesigns.co.uk/motor-bike).

Hope these stencils will be useful!

ariel1
ariel2
Ariel3
ariel4
ariel6
Schermafbeelding-2024-03-05-om-20-41-44

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Re: Ariel W/NG census numbers low-tack-stencils now available from axholmesigns

Good work, Jan. Quite an unusual stencil font !

The numbers are not "100% consistent" in the (low resolution) old photographs. Sometimes the numbers don't have "bridges" where in other pictures we can clearly see these. This makes me think that these stencils were applied with a sponge and (thick) whitish paint, and after removal of the stencil the numbers may have been "touched up" a bit with a fine brush. My twopennies...

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Thanks Jan. Very timely as I'm about to respray my tank which has the "American" font.....Which looked near enough at the time. Ron

DSCF5017

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1