Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Miller battery

I've been discussing with Lex, the Matchless "Miller" equipped G3L parts list shows a MILLER battery. The MT number is the same as Lucas but the part numbers are different. Has anyone heard of or seen a Miller battery? Ron

IMG-0040

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Miller battery

Good thinking Ron!!

Hope someone will know!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi**.net

Ron, isn't it likely that Miller supplied Exide batteries ? You've established in the past that they were fitted by Velocette who were also a Miller customer.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1399950&cmd=show

The only question might be whether Miller were able to instruct Exide to apply their brand name ?

Thanks for reviving that thread Rik. Some interesting comments.

You might be right about the Exide batteries. Miller were quite adept at getting their "Lighthouse" logo put on other firms products. Like the Clearhooters horns. Ron

Clearhooter-HF320-with-Miller-badge

Check the part number, Exide and Miller are the same!

Sorted I guess,

Lex

Where have you seen an Exide part number Lex? Ron

Follow the link above, you posted the picture yourself, both in your parts list, and your picture, No. 80230

Lex

I already mentioned that Miller a Lucas have the same MT number 80230. But the Miller part number is B612. I've no idea what the Exide battery number is? Ron

Ok, I understand now, but does the Lucas battery has the same MT number also then?

Lex

Yes Lex The MT number is the same 80230. But the Lucas part number is the usual PUW. Ron

IMG-0039

Nieuwe pagina 1