Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Normandy 2024 - pass now needed for armour!

OK, not many m/cs would be classified as armour, but some of you may be affected and/or know of others taking armour. Just received from IMOS. The application is required before end of this month!
"This email only concerns you if you are planning to take armour to Normandy for the 80th Anniversary of D-Day, whether attending with the club or making your own travel and/or accommodation arrangements.

If you are NOT taking armour to Normandy this year, please disregard this message.

We have been informed that all armour will require a pass, which we can obtain for you. Without a pass, you will not be allowed to travel within Normandy and you may be refused entry into France.

YOU MUST ACT NOW if you require a pass for Normandy, by doing the following:

E-mail info@ltf-hq.com with your name, IMPS Membership number, and type of vehicle"

Re: Normandy 2024 - pass now needed for armour!

Bugger! I was thinking of asking Shaun if I could take his armoured 3SW!!:confounded: Ron

Bushy-Park-May-2010-Pic-6

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Liberation Task Force HQ?.....Check with the French government directlly...This crowd have been trying to get control of Normandy with the sanction of the French Government for years. (since at least the 1st D Day motorcycle event)....In my opinion they have/will have a direct detrimental effect on everyones ability to freely travel to Normandy if they are successful.....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Preston phoned me the other day about maybe some "combined opps" He remains committed to that Jeremy task force guy. I made no comment on the subject. I'm not running a tour, but even if I was, I'd want no part of it. It was E5 each in previous big years. He must have made E1000's by now??.....What did we get from him????? I did get lots of threats of Police action on the 70th. But nothing came of them. We had nothing but help from fellow motorcycle cops and 3 even rode with us at one stage and they were keen to have a go on our old bikes. Why is it only on the big years anyway? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1