Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Normandy 2024 (next year)

Hi All
I am intending to book into Etreham camping with motorcycle as I have before, but just looking for advice on the best way to go about it as I know the site has new ownership. Not sure if I may be too late already?
Rich

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

Re: Normandy 2024 (next year)

We're already booked at Etreham for next year. As far as I've heard, the MVT have NOT booked the whole site as they usually do every 5th year. I suggest you contact the owners ASAP. Mention my name if you want. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron. I will.
There is no physical tour being organised by the MVT for 2024. They are organising a 'community' where MVT members in Normandy can network and join in with various events and parades in the area as well as invites to museum and town gatherings etc.

Thanks
Richard.

The 'motorcycle' campsite for those that dont know...

https://www.camping-normandie-reinemathilde.com

The main site at Etreham is fully booked but they had spaces available an the back field when we booked approx 10 days ago so you need to contact them asap

email (option): colina3cje@gmail.com

I have sent them a number of messages through email and their online contact form over the past couple of months. No response from them as yet. Looks like I will have to be looking elsewhere? (or just not go!)

Just had a response from the campsite. Looks like its fully booked up. Even the back field.
Now to decide whether to go or not.
R.

Hi Richard,
As we discussed, i am looking to attend D-Day 80 with my 16H WD, i have just had a reply from Camping Reine Mathilde, Etreham with a Neg answer,,,,, they are full over the D-Dan period....
Do you have any other camping recommendations ??
Regards Martin

email (option): penmanm01@gmail.com

Hi Martin,

Have you tried going with a club that has booked a campsite?
I'm sure many will attend.
Otherwise look at sites like Airbnb, VRBO, Booking etc

Good luck!

Sven

Thanks Sven,
Looking at other camp sites now, I will let you know if there are spaces anywhere..
C'mon Richard, you've gotta do this one being the big 80th anniversary
Martin

email (option): penmanm01@gmail.com

Hmmm..I know. but I cant commit this early. Its getting harder to book each time, and judging by comments I have seen on other forums its going to be more than a circus than ever. People going for the 'crack' and 'its going to be wild'. Not that you cant have fun and enjoy it, but quite a few are forgetting the reason we go over there.

Any luck Richard?
Finally been given the appropriate leave pass by domestic admin. Where are we are centring round, keen to at least be near some names I know (& get to know the faces there!)??

Are we all shy or do I need to learn a special handshake?? :)

I'm not shy. Me and my group booked last year for this year and next year. I gather that the IMPS have booked the whole of the Portland site at Port En Bessin and other camp sites are full or filling up. I know of three other guys who have booked their passage and are just going to wing it?????? It's nothing I'd want to risk.

If it was me, I'd try and hunt out some camping and then put it out there for others to join in. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron,
Booked and then had three airbnb people cancel on me with excuses ranging from “I forgot I had family coming over” to “I forgot it’s not available anymore”.
Now on my fourth attempt seems good so far as an almost instant response.
Fingers crossed!!

email (option): LarkesrATgeemail.com

I'm sure someone would fit you in on a pitch

email (option): Bwales55@gmail.com

If you are on facebook search for the "D-Day 80 Normandie Hebergement/ Housing" page. Lots of people with camping spaces, gites, rooms etc for rent advertising on there. Also a place to complain if a booking get cancelled as they will look into it.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): 1963mickholmes@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1