Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WM20 Rigid Frame dimension - seat mount lugs

Hi, has anyone got an accurate measurement of the distance between centres of the two seat mount lugs as my rear frame arrived in two parts and is a bit squashed. Also it would be helpful to know the length of the cross tube that links the rear frame section as mine is completely missing. The other key measurements I require I've obtained from the Tech Section. Any help appreciated

email (option): steve@bsa-inc.com

Re: WM20 Rigid Frame dimension - seat mount lugs

There is a post discussing this, happy hunting.
I have a jig for the seat mounts if you are close to me.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

I've had a good search of the website, I don't see a post with the dimension I need. Can anyone help? Mark, I'm about 100 miles from you

Hi Steve,

I kindly got his fantastic chapter "Frame preparation" from Robb Nortier, in which he wrote he measured 8 3/4" between the centres of the seat spring mounting holes.
So if your rear frame is broken, these should be the right dimensions for making a jig plate.

Ali

email (option): ali.krumpen@t-online.de

This should get you there Steve.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1455421&cmd=show

If you did want to visit I'm happy to help.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

I concur with Ali. The seat lug centres are 8 3/4" (I just measured mine). With the seat lugs jigged as in Marks photos, the cross tube distance can be determined. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thank you all for the confirmed measurement

Thanks to your helpful information I've now established the cross tube is close to 5.1/2" long depending how you measure it as it has to be scalloped around the shape of the adjacent sub frame tubes. initially I assumed the cross tube was the same diameter as the rest of the upper sub-frame i.e. 3/4" but I can see from the remnants of what I have that it is a smaller diameter. Please can someone confirm the correct diameter?

Steve, I make it as being pretty close to 5/16" OD.

Sorry, wasn't quick enough to correct - 9/16" is what I should have typed. :worried:

Thank you Ray, 9/16" it is

Nieuwe pagina 1