Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vincent Black Shadow

Back in the 50's &60's my Dad had several Vincent Black Shadows and Rapide. I am currently searching for the last Black Shadow he had in the early 60's, the registration was SVW 33. Anyone with any info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

David

email (option): djbaugh222@aol.com

Re: Vincent Black Shadow

It's not on the DVLA database, have you got the reg num right? Even my old Vincent which I sold and was last taxed in 1988 is still in the database.

I've checked the DVLA but no luck, they don't seem to list Vincent as a vehicle option in the search. It's definitely SVW 33 photo attached

[img=http://s2.postimg.org/khrgujyad/12370716_1661095664174024_1509521940918480619_o.jpg]

The Vincent owners club would seem to be the logical place to ask?

Thanks, going down that route as well..just spreading a wide net.

David

Love the picture! Maybe thats where Rollie Free got the idea from

It seems to be still listed - it's just that DVLA's stupid drop-down menu doesn't let you see under what category they list obsolete manufacturers..

There are other on-line search systems but they don't show date last taxed. It does at least seem to confirm that the number hasn't been robbed.

photo FireShot Screen Capture 165 - Instant Car CheckSVW33 - www_instantcarcheck_co_uk_Free-Car-Check_svw 33_zpsmumscilm.jpg

On the askmid site it is shown as insured, so its about and still in use, VOC must be your best bet

Many thanks Rik, at least I can try to locate it. This is the only one of my dads bikes I know the reg number of. He had several Shadows on of which he purchased new and a new Rapide. He used to buy his bikes from Copes in Birmingham.

Ken, thanks great to know it survives. I've contacted the VOC and hope to get more info soon.

SVW is a Chelmsford, Essex registration...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi David, my Brother-in-law is the VOC machine Registrar. He will send an email to your address. SVW33 still exists and its location is known, and may also be able to identify another bike your Dad owned.
Danny

email (option): cleehill66@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks Danny,

Simon has contacted me and we have exchanged info and I will be talking to the current owner today.

Best Regards
David

SVW 33 was at Brooklands today.

email (option): weathrallking@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1