Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA Kick start lever

Hi All. Could someone please help me with a quick question, Is there any difference to the operating length (shaft to peg centres) of the correct 15-4179 lever to the later, more readily available 65-3381 ? Or is it just the crank offset that's different? I do have a later lever to measure if need be. Also, is the actual foot peg longer on the earlier lever? Please advise. Many Thanks, Pete

Re: BSA Kick start lever

Which parts list is 65-3381 from and which model?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian I just looked it up at Drags. 65-3381 is for the 46-48 B series. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron and Ian. It seems that some suppliers are now selling the same later item under both part numbers. I'm assuming that there is a difference between the 2 but is it noticable?

These two kickstarts are not the same, the B Series one, 65-3381, being quite different to the M20 one both in overall dimensions and some detail features...Ian

I wonder if the B series kick start has enough crank in it to clear the wider WD tool box? Ron

That is one of the issues along with silencer clearance...The kickstart is also of a lighter construction and the foot pedal part differs from the M20 type...Here's the later kickstart on my '51 rigid B33..Comparing this photo to an M20 illustrates the differences....Ian

Hi All. Thanks for your input, it seems that I need to find mineself an original BSA lever 15-4179. Does anyone happen to have an original surplus to their needs, in good condition as I would want to have it chromed for an early civilian spec bike? I will await the rush of replies. Many Thanks Pete

I'll also post a wanted ad in the 'for sale/wanted' section. Thanks.

There are many advantages to this post. An elevation certificate from the property owner is a necessary document for areas where flooding is a possibility. Issued by a qualified surveyor, it provides crucial information on a structure's elevation with relation to the Base Flood Elevation (BFE). This certificate helps assess flood risk and estimate flood insurance rates, making it easier for local authorities, insurers, and property owners to make informed decisions about mitigation and flood protection measures.

email (option): saini784nishu@gmail.com

Reported to Admin

Can we do something about this spamming?
I can see it damaging this very valuable website.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Occasionally Henk would introduce one of those security captcha things were you had to count bridges or traffic lights etc. It was a bit annoying but nowhere near as annoying as the current spate of spammers. Maybe Nick or Bastiaan could work on that again? Ron

Yes the spam is annoying I can see members leaving the forum because of it. I know its everywhere my email address which starts with uk can get up to 20 emails a day of junk, including renewing my radio licence which we dont have in Australia plus Chinese companies offering to make parts or quotations for building designs contracts in the Uk. Is it time for us to use the donate button to buy some better system?

I made a donation a few months back without a thank you!
Maybe someone with more time should take up being the moderator for this site?

Mark

As long as it's removed reasonably often I'm quite happy...I've learnt to just ignore it and move on to the next post...
Personally, I'm grateful for our present moderators and appreciate the time they put in to keep the site going for our enjoyment/education...It's always hard to find volunteers for anything as most people want someone else to be the volunteer...If I've learnt anything from producing a club magazine for 5 years, organising a classic bike show for over a decade and getting two Normandy Tours underway it's that most like to participate but few want to make it happen...Ian

Its the same here Ian in Australia, when I was on a vintage bike committee guys would ring and say why dont we do a partcular thing, I would say great idea can you do it for us. The answer was always no I am too busy myself. Most car and bike clubs here have the majority of members in the 60 year old upwards group and numbers are defintely dying off. I am thankful for the moderators of this forum. Have just donated .

Maybe we should rename this to the Spam site?

Mark

Pete - I still have the one from a WD M.20 that I forwarded details to you of around Christmas time if of interest.

email (option): keithchandler49@outlook.com

Nieuwe pagina 1