Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Normandy 2024

For those of you who are coming to Normandy in June I can now confirm that the NOBS will be hosting their usual WW2 motorcycle gathering at the Pegasus Memorial Museum at 15.00 on the 5th June. As usual this is open to any WW2 Allied motorcycle and not to Axis motorcycles or those motorcycles that were manufactured outside WW2. We are looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible. Cheers John Tinley

email (option): Tinley@btinternet.com

Re: Normandy 2024

Well done & thanks John
Always great to get a look in there
Br
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

We're planning to be at Pegasus again on the 5th. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It would be great to meet up with you at the museum. See you there.

That'll be great to see you there again 👍

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Great stuff John thank you. Very much looking forward to being part of it with everyone else.

On that, the usual…6th June.Reading from an official website “Traffic will be controlled on 6 June over a large part of the Bessin region (around Bayeux). The N13, the D514 and the D517 will be closed on 6 June, from 5am until the departure of the convoy, at around 6pm. A pass may be required on 6 June. We are awaiting information on this subject.”

So some vehicle passes needed if going nr the Beaches for the day
-Do we need to hunt these down / if plan on being inside the N13
-Hoping we can ride together somewhere maybe inland or St Marie Du Mont which love visiting
-OR is it all very loosey loose & see how we go with ‘informal’ ride outs going on

Just seeing if there’s anything special hoops we need to jump through..One of the best things I love about going is the rides we do together…Cheers

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Hi Kit. St Marie Du Mont is our usual goal on the 6th. We've given up with St Mere Eglise.

I've got the souvenir caps in now if you want to go on the list. Ron

caps

Fab stuff Ron thank you very much, emailed you

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Not sure if you can really understand this - it seems to be a google translation. I guess something more intelligible will become available in due course? "The Prefecture of Calvados organized a video-conference with local elected officials to present to them the project to issue stickers to travel in the Restricted Traffic Zone (ZCR), on June 6, 2024 This area would resemble the one in 2014 (see attached map).
- Obtaining a sticker is necessary for users who wish to enter the ZCR, on June 6, during activation of the device.
- Obtaining a sticker is necessary for users who wish to exit the ZCR and enter it again, during the day of June 6, during the duration of the device.
- Obtaining a sticker does not allow access to the road lanes closed to traffic and reserved for the traffic of delegations and motorades.
Who needs a sticker on their vehicle?
- ZCR residents and their relatives (main and secondary residences)
- Guests of hotels, cottages or campsites located in the ZCR
- Professionals working in the ZCR
- The actors in everyday economic and social life (taxis, buses, personal services, public services, company vehicles... ) brought into circulation in the ZCR on June 6.
How to get a sticker?
• Mainly, in order to prioritize proximity and reactivity, stickers are issued to the town hall for permanent or temporary residents and ZCR professionals on presentation:
- From the grey card of the vehicle
- Proof of residence or any other proof (cottage rental contract, hotel bill... )
- From an ID.
• For people who have no connection with a municipality in the area: in the prefecture, with the grey card of the vehicle, a certificate, either by email (with an envelope delivered to the prefecture by appointment) or by mail (with a free response envelope to be provided).
When are the stickers coming out?
- At the town hall from April 22 to June 4
- In the prefecture from April 22 to May 31
A communication will be made at a later date on traffic restrictions/bans for the day of June 6."

Hi Ron. Is it possible to order one of the hats. Will be in Normandy but not near you. Andy

Well yes but you will need to collect it from me at our campsite. Ron

Thanks but dont think I will be close. Cheers anyway. Andy

Hi FerG3, I live in Normandy so I am busy with this topic as well.
(Assuming that you are not a local resident), so far I understand that you could either request an 'exception' via the Prefecture, or that the campsite where you are staying is in charge of making this request, through the town hall. Maybe you could contact the campsite?
Having a historic vehicule should be a good argument for an exception.
Let me know if I can help you investigating these options, as my French is much better than my English.
Céline.

CelCet, I just passed on this information which came from a military vehicle club member. I am not going to Normandy and not enquiring further. Good Luck!

Ok, perhaps this is not a topic anymore. Then I will stop it at that:
The official information has been published yesterday, on the prefecture website (unfortunately only in French.)
It states that a sticker will only be needed to enter the area, not if you are already inside. Therefore, there should be no pass needed starting from the camp.
My father and I will try to join at Pegasus on the 5th. Good luck to all with your Normandy trip! Céline & Bernard.

Nieuwe pagina 1