Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Royal Enfield Model C

I have acquired a nice little Enfield Model C in civilian paint scheme and the last tax did in the holder is from Jan 1967. There was also a tax did for 1956 and a temporary one for the Isle of Man issued in June 1949, which I assume means it went to the TT. The frame and engine numbers are 19915 which I cannot find in O&M so I thought it might be post war. Having read sections of Jan’s book I cannot see that they made them after the war although they clearly reconditioned war time ones and sold them to the transport Hungary public. Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated. Cheers JT

Re: Royal Enfield Model C

Yes John. Jan will confirm that Royal Enfield remanufactured WD bikes for the post war market and lots were re-numbered. But 19915 is also a WD/CO number. Can you send me pictures please.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Frame (and duplicated frame) number 19915 is a "home-market" "made-from-obsolete-spare-parts" post war Model C. It left the factory on November 10th 1948, destination "Bray" in Barnstaple.

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Just wondering... Was this information useful?

Sad to see that some people are always very greedy to get information, but never bother to thank the one who offers his time to do all this research.

"Gratia non solum maxima, sed etiam parens omnium virtutum."
“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Cicero

I see where you are coming from its the same in Australia. People phone my landline any time or day including Christmas day because their carburetter is playing up and want me to solve it over the phone. I dont mind if its someone I have sold parts to or know but usually strangers who have bought an Ebay special sight unseen that has a modified engine and its running rich,lean or not at all. I can spend up to half an hour on the phone advising how to check too see the various partsare correct from a list by my phone of throttle needle lengths, different needle jet lengths. Surprising how many have the wrong part and when I sort it they say I think my mate has that part and it is rare to hear back from them.

I used to frequently get the same...'I'm tuning an engine, what should I do with this or that?'....I used to tell them I'd build them an engine if they wanted it but I wasn't about to hand out all the carefully and expensively learned information from which I earned my living...Happily now I'm retired I'll tell them anything they want...:laughing: ....I gave up hoping for any gratitude a long while back though some do appreciate it...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Sincere apologies for my lack of gratitude. This is the first time that I have logged on to this group since posting my request for information. With a business to run, taking on a new storage unit and grandchildren to look after I do not get around to logging on as much as I would like.

I am very grateful for your responses and the information you have shared has been most helpful.

Kind regards,

John Tinley

email (option): Tinley@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1