Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
color handle bar

hi
by looking at black/white pictures of WM20I get a little confused.....
Has anyone correct intell what color should the handle bar be painted.... I see green hb' and think to notice some were black.?

thanks again
Arnold

email (option): arnoldovertoom@gmail.com

Re: color handle bar

I see no reason they would be black?? The blackout masks are black. Ron
VokesBSA
Talflows-4-Tommy-in-Burma

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hello Ron,

Nice pictures, Vokes and Talboys/Talflow Aircleaners on bikes of approximately the same age!

Cheers,

Rob

email (option): wd16h@telfort.nl

Just wondering where that photo (2 M2O's) might have been taken as my C number is between them (5549774) might have been in the same area.
Had the bike for about 30 years and previous owner told me he found it in Indonesia or somewhere I cant really remember where he said then bought it here to Oz.

cheers from downunder.

email (option): digger3@tpg dot com dot au

So far I have found three original pictures of Talboys fitted. All on WM20's and as far as I know, all in Burma. That first picture I posted is also in colour?? Which is captioned "Tom Richmond (No hat) Rangoon" Ron
Talflows-2
Talflows-3
Tom-Richmond-Rangoon-no-hat

Rob that very first picture I posted is factory fitted Vokes filters. I've come to the conclusion that Talboys filters were shipped out east and fitted as required on site. Hence the large haul of un-used filters found in recent years in Pakistan.

It gave me the excuse to fit one with artistic licence :relaxed: Ron

DSCF3678

okay, green it will be.
thank you again for making this clear.

Arnold

email (option): arnoldovertoom@gmail.com

I am fairly certain Talflows were rarely factory fitted. They were shipped to India to retrofit bikes.
The 80 India Office Norton 16H machines made and delivered in 1946 did however have the Talboys aircleaners fitted by Norton.

The ones found last years were were likely removed when the bikes were sold-off/discarded and forgotten for many years.

Cheers,

Rob

email (option): wd16h@telfort.nl

So too the M20's and C11's supplied to the India Office. I had thought that the batch that was found (all in red oxide primer) Were surplus and never fitted? Maybe someone else can confirm. Ron

001-India-Office-BSA
C10-C11-002
Talflows-6
Talflows-13

Nieuwe pagina 1