Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WANTED: Cable-style front brake plate

Looking for a front brake plate for my 1942 M20. Currently it has the earlier rod style brake plate but no rod for the brake plate. Itching to get riding, and would love to have the use of the front brake. Willing to trade my front brake plate as part of a deal if necessary.

I likely can’t just get a rod for the existing one, as it was turned into a chopper at some point, and the forks were recut and set back to correct in the 1980’s; and I am sure that they aren’t the exactly the length they should be to run the rod style.

Cheers!

email (option): Musicalmoses@yahoo.com

Re: WANTED: Cable-style front brake plate

Hi Moses, your combination of parts can still be used fine if you run the outer cable up to the stud on the forks. Not original though...

BR Michiel

Re: WANTED: Cable-style front brake plate

Oh boy, originality is not something I’m concerned about. This particular bike went through the wringer in its earlier life. Virtually none of it is original. The frame and motor aren’t matching. I have replaced the seat, fuel tank, oil tank, carburetor, stand, fenders, headlight, all cables, voltage regulator; and there still a ton more that needs attention. Wheels are original, and that’s about it! My 1941 M20 on the other hand……

I suppose I will need to find some sort of a fitting for the outer cable to hold it at that stud; and have a custom cable made. I would rather the front brake plate because….i don’t know why but it sounds good; but if I can’t locate one I’ll find some way to make it work.

email (option): Musicalmoses@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1