Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Name that mudguard...

Hi all,

I have a valanced BSA rear mudguard that, from it's paint, appears military. However, the valanced sides become deeper toward the tailpiece. Can anyone identify it, please?

20230806-184804
20230806-184723
20230806-184740

Re: Name that mudguard...

Is it possible that they have been removed at some time and reinstalled the wrong way round? Or could it be a mistake at the factory?? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It doesn't have the centre rib so that would make it later war? how are the valances attached?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Late war mudguard with badly homemade valances, I would say...

Early Indian?

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

I spoke with Peter from cornucopia some years ago when he used to attend netley marsh about a valenced guard he had there
It had valences but no rib - just a flat section
He assured me that this was found on some bsa bikes pre war & suggested M23/24
I left it go - as I was looking for one at the time myself with a rib & coupled with fact he was very knowledgeable- I didn’t really go into an in depth conversation with him on it

Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hi all,

OK, the valances are a different shape to those of an early K/WM20 -more rounded at both ends (compare to bottom photo, below), so not cut off and put back in reverse. They look original to me: the edges are rolled and fit well to the mudguard. The paint is old, as is the rust, and there's no obvious signs of bodgery...

Come on: win yourself a coconut! :upside_down_face:

20230807-125750
20230807-125820
20220331-170300

Nieuwe pagina 1