Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cush drive and clutch spring nut

Hello all,

a quick question or 2 regarding the nuts for cush drive and clutch spring. I have the old Eagle clutch, single spring and am still getting the right tools together to remove them without damage. Although clutch one I loosened easily but don't want to remove without spring compressor. The cush one is extremely tight and my peg spanner not upto it.

Anyway my initial tool purchase was not great. The 2 nuts fitted on bike have 6 castellations and tool was for an 8 castellated nut, lol. So sent it back.

Now my questions are. First are the 2 nuts the same for the cush drive and clutch.? I see clutch nut is 15-4312 in some literature but not certain on the cush nut.

Looking on ebay which takes you to various on line shops I've seen quite an array of nuts available. Some have 4 castles, others 8 and would probably work with the tool I incorrectly bought. Are there various options of nuts I can use in both positions , cush and clutch.

My logic, if unable to find tool for 6 caste nut was to bash if off and replace both of them with a readily available 4 or 8 castellated nuts and the readily available tools for these.

Cheers Neil

email (option): nlhclarke@gmail.com

Re: Cush drive and clutch spring nut

This is a question that puzzled for a while, but there is an easy answer.
I will supply the nut and the tool to fasten it.

I'm hoping to make a small batch by the end of May.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

The cush nut has 4 castellation's, the clutch nut has 8. The internal thread sizes are totally different.

Mark I think it would be better to make tools that fit the standard nuts as per Robb's tools. Otherwise how would it be easy to remove the originals (Which might be in a perfectly serviceable condition) To then fit your special nuts? Ron

M20-135

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Blimey,

I should have gone to spec savers 😀 as they say in this part of the world! They're completely different 😳. I don't know how I missed that. I hope the rest of the strip doesn't exhibit the same lack of attention. I suppose I just saw 2 nuts with same castellated appearance; and 6 at that so not standard.

Thanks for comments and look out for the nuts and tools.

Cheers Neil

email (option): nlhclarke@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1