Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shepton mallet

Hi all

Thinking of going to the bristol/shepton show at weekend on saturday, would i be missing much by going sat instead of sunday ive never been but noticed on the website it says there will be extra autojumble stalls the sunday

Re: Shepton mallet

The far better jumble (and cheaper entry) is the VMCC jumble on March 9th That John OB indicated in your breather query. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron i will pencil that in

So how was the Bristol classic bike show at Shepton Mallet? I haven't been for years.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I enjoyed it and picked up a few bits and pieces...Being a bike show as well it's not as strong on the jumble as the VMCC 'jumble only' event on the 9th. March and I'd certainly choose that one if it was primarily parts I was after...I'm getting it all by doing both!...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian, I've left a question for you on this forum page. Mick, (formerly Bere Alston).

Hi
Last time I was there in 2022 I think - I was most disappointed with such a small jumble
Although I had found one nice part - I had still seen all & been round twice by 11.45 by which time I was ready to head for the ferry home after another trip over
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Good to catch up with you again at Shepton on Saturday John, hope it was worth your trip over. Also Lex, good to finally meet you too ! Hopefully will see you and others in Normandy.
I didn't manage to score any G3l parts there, but came home with some useful workshop kit...

Hi Jon
Good to be neighbours again

I had a great time at shepton - I bought - I sold - I swapped
Since I moved home to Ireland - I have to be selective as to what events I attend due to costs of ferries & accommodation now having to be factored in

However, even with those additional expenses - shepton always seems to deliver in so many ways - it’s a no brainer now for us to go

Even with Kempton park on same day - I saw no detrimental effect on this event - I wonder what was Kempton like ?
The question in my mind is why are there 2 quality jumbles on same day & this is not the first time either that Morton’s have clashed

Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

It was a good event, but I missed Ian and Chris Orchard, I did however buy a Military Norman flat twin generator, now I'm trying to work out why.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Rob, just get the other projects finished and then get your genny fixed up!! Ron

The question in my mind is why are there 2 quality jumbles on same day & this is not the first time either that Morton’s have clashed .

Mortons behave like thugs and would like to corner all these events same as they have done with the bike press.

Not called the evil empire for nowt.

Rob Miller
It was a good event, but I missed Ian and Chris Orchard, I did however buy a Military Norman flat twin generator, now I'm trying to work out why.

Rob
Rob, if you need any engine parts for the Norman I have a complete engine tucked away in a shed. Had it for years, no idea of condition, but its all there.

ken
The question in my mind is why are there 2 quality jumbles on same day & this is not the first time either that Morton’s have clashed .

Mortons behave like thugs and would like to corner all these events same as they have done with the bike press.

Not called the evil empire for nowt.
I spoke to one of the traders at Shepton, who attends both jumbles (when they don't clash) He told me that he complained to Andrew at Morton's, who told him that it was VMCC's fault, but they are going to change the date next year. Ron

I have a friend in the Somerset VMCC, he told me a few years ago that they have difficulty being fitted in at the Shepton Mallet venue, there are so many other events there that earn more money and therefore can afford to pay more, thats why prices at the jumble for pitches and entry have been going up, but its still pretty reasonable in my opinion. So they probably can't be too choosy date wise.

Maybe Shepton is so good because its a locally run event by enthusiasts rather than a corporate show?

Rob

Jon Cull
Rob Miller
It was a good event, but I missed Ian and Chris Orchard, I did however buy a Military Norman flat twin generator, now I\'m trying to work out why.

Rob
Rob, if you need any engine parts for the Norman I have a complete engine tucked away in a shed. Had it for years, no idea of condition, but its all there.
Thank you Jon, I will bear that in mind.

Rob

Nieuwe pagina 1