Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
another frame nr

Hi all, I have a frame nr here that says; WM20 2463, 600 cc. Papers are from 1953 here in Holland.
I suppose this is an early WM20 that was registred when the present system was introduced (so, no more "provincie platen?)
Anybody ?

Re: another frame nr

Frame number WM20.2463 was fitted with a 600cc (M21) engine with the same number, when it left the factory on 23/4/1940, destination "Staatsbedrijf Holland" (Dutch Army contract). At that time it must have looked very much like this sister bike:

Dutch-BSA

It looks as if it didn't get across the channel before the German invasion of the Low Countries (10 - 11/5/1940), as it was sent back to the factory where it was despatched (again) on 29 or 30/5/1940 (the day is difficult to decipher), destination "War Office" (British Army).

Schermafbeelding-2023-11-10-om-13-33-56

These undelivered ex-Dutch Army contract bikes were "recycled" under British Army contract C/7370 (344 BSA 600cc motorcycles with census numbers C4191959 - C4192302).

C4192169-former-Dutch-Army

Most of the bikes that had been delivered to the Dutch Army were now under new ownership (Wehrmacht):

57-7

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

But I wonder how this one finally ended up in the Netherlands. I think it was already too old to have been used during the liberation of Holland in 1945. One of life's mysteries I guess... 😕

Just wondering… Was this useful information?

Yes Jan, very interesting. Thanks a lot, amazing that this info is still available.
I didnt have any information about this number or the historie of the motorcycle.
As I wrote, the paper says it was registrated in 1953 as a WM20, 600 cc. As far as I know the present reg system was introduced in Holland at that time. So no more "provincieplaten" (but I'm not sure about that).
Once again; thanks

Nieuwe pagina 1