Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My trip to France

Good evening everyone, hope you are all well.
I had my first trip to France last year on a classic bike, my 1947 M20 (with WD motor!)
I’m sure that lots of you guys have visited the Normandy beaches many times before but it was a first for me and a truly humbling experience. I managed to camp every night.
Apologies that some of the photos are the wrong way around!

IMG-0153
IMG-0155
IMG-0180
IMG-0228
IMG-0250
IMG-0157
IMG-0270
IMG-0309
IMG-0310
7-C7-E29-FF-1-C8-A-4-C34-92-AE-27-A77-EEFB8-DC
IMG-0334
IMG-0355
IMG-0358
IMG-0360
IMG-0382
IMG-0396

Re: My trip to France

Nice shots, Gino.
Good to see M20s everywhere.

An adventure to remember, thanks for the pictures.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Very well done Gino. Some familiar sights there! Did you ride over the Alps?

PS I recognise the sidecar outfit. Did you meet Lucy?

Regards Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thank Ron,
I would have loved to pass over the alps on it but nothing quite so glamorous unfortunately…
Not relishing the thought of over 200 miles on UK roads I hired a van one way from Manchester to Portsmouth then off to Cherbourg. I did the same on the return trip.
Yes, I had a chat with Lucy, we were in the queue together on the homeward bound ferry. I loved the outfit! It was reluctant to start as the traffic started to move towards the ferry but it eventually burst into life.
A great experience, I’d love to go again, if not the D Day anniversary maybe a trip to Europe.
Cheers, Gino.

Ha Ha Gino. It was your name that made me think that you had come from Italy. But now I look back over your pictures, I see English plates.

Lucy is very brave. Her engine is really down on compression. It was almost un-ridable when she first got it, but I fitted a steering damper to it which stopped the serious handlebar wobble.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1