Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
c
ChrisF
F*&^ the pain away
How was this not the number 1 acclaimed song of 2000? It's electronic; has a great video; and I'm sure had to have been played at a lot of parties where people did cocaine. Must've fallen through the cracks somehow.
Views: 615   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 23, 2008 10:16pm
by Moonbeam
s
STEFAN
UPDATE : 01/04/08 : MEGA-CRITIC : Best Reviewed Albums Of 2008 So Far (With Competition)
The current position is followed by last month´s position in brackets, then the adjusted score, followed by the average rating and the number of reviews in brackets. The scores after the title are the individual positions/adjusted scores for Europe, the UK an...
Views: 2199   Replies: 26
Last Post: Apr 23, 2008 10:14pm
by Midaso
Hey Stephen
Have you played The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard, from 1998?
Views: 427   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 23, 2008 3:45pm
by Stephan
Albums you're conflicted about
What albums do you have the most mixed feelings about? For me... 1. Cyndi Lauper - She's So Unusual. On one hand, it has a few really good songs on it. On the other, it also has Girls Just Want To Have Fun, the irritating song that I'm forced to hear on the...
Views: 602   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 23, 2008 12:47am
by Stephan
r
RR
Reliability of acclaimedmusic.net
I was just curious to know how reliable music connoisseurs find this list to truly be.
Views: 670   Replies: 13
Last Post: Apr 22, 2008 10:15pm
by Beans
l
lagire
french book cd guide
hello henrik, i'm french and your site is fantastic. in my country, i have found a cd guide named "le guide du cd" which graduate albums(1-5 stars) from beginning of rock'n roll to 1997.(near from 13000 reviews in all styles) there is 3 editions (1995-1996-199...
Views: 818   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 22, 2008 2:30pm
by Henrik
before and after 30
The "Perfect Careers" thread inspired this question: Rock and roll is like a sport: past the age of 30, everyone's performance starts to decline. Has there ever been a rock artist whose work in their twenties wasn't better than their work in any other decade of th...
Views: 793   Replies: 24
Last Post: Apr 21, 2008 7:31pm
by Slush
h
Henrik
AM wiki / help / FAQ
I would like to collect all particularly useful information in one or a few sticky threads. 1. Wiki This would include links to anything that stands out as useful information, from the main site or from the forum. Something like this and this. 2. Help A speci...
Views: 401   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 21, 2008 4:28pm
by Stephan
j
John
Beatles Survivor: Cut 6
Alright, no more begging. I'm just crossing my fingers that we get some more participants later in the competition or this might implode. Again, no comments are needed so you won't be trashing songs you like. Just listing them in order of preference and having some c...
Views: 752   Replies: 22
Last Post: Apr 21, 2008 3:20pm
by tfguenther
c
ChrisF
What role does British/American music play in your country?
I guess my question is for those from non-English speaking countries. What role does music from America/Britain play in your country relative to native acts singing in the native language. Is it mixed in, more played, or do you have to seek it out?
Views: 604   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 21, 2008 2:08pm
by Rune
AM Survivor: Week 22
This is a milestone week for Survivor, as we’re down to our final 20 artists (which I think is about what most “real” reality shows start with!). In a sense, everything up to this point has been preliminary; now we have hard, hard choices to make....
Views: 1418   Replies: 74
Last Post: Apr 21, 2008 10:31am
by LonesomePanda
Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band
I've tried, I really have, I've even tried to get all the way through Trout Mask Replica, but gave up after I got to Pachuco Cadaver (7th song I think). I am truely baffled at how this album, or the group for that matter, has received any acclaim whatsoever. Is th...
Views: 1375   Replies: 22
Last Post: Apr 21, 2008 6:32am
by Midaso
Unscrabble List: The Top 20
I apologize for the delay…it’s time for the top 20 of the Unscrabble list. First, a recap of where we’ve been. Remember, the Unscrabble list rewards artists who: - recorded in relatively under-represented periods (roughly, pre-1964 and post-19...
Views: 874   Replies: 35
Last Post: Apr 21, 2008 3:24am
by Moonbeam
j
John
Views: 1534   Replies: 89
Last Post: Apr 20, 2008 9:50pm
by Henrik
c
ChrisF
Diamond Hoo Ha
Haven't heard it; probably won't for awhile, but best album title of the year dammit!
Views: 595   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 20, 2008 2:43pm
by orangebeaker
lg vx3300 ringtones
Money quote from macworld though id start watching my lg vx3300 ringtones family. Very attractive ringtones by akon acquisition talks broke your eye on the dominate the truth - add. Now ring tones ringtones im agreeing and drops kathy griffin. Figure ringtone convert...
Views: 345   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 20, 2008 6:50am
by Moonbeam
reviews : Vampire Weekend, Syd Matters..
Hi, 2 reviews I made in the etat-critique site Vampire Weekend here In a few words, I say I love the first 5 or 6 songs, but then it drops a little Syd Matter's Ghost Days here Syd Matters is a very interesting French artists with a very personal so...
Views: 541   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 18, 2008 9:58pm
by BillAdama
The Most Influential Rock Band in the last 20 years
No Beatles references here. Here are my top ten in no order Nirvana Pixies Radiohead U2 Radiohead Metallica Oasis Pearl Jam Stone Roses R.E.M
Views: 965   Replies: 23
Last Post: Apr 18, 2008 4:39am
by Stammer
r
Rune
What else but music things do you do?
Just a little get-to-know-you-better-post. Most of us in here are pretty interested in music, I guess, but what else do you guys like to do. I'm really into running right now. Great fun. I've been doing some orienteering the last couple of years, and I'm planni...
Views: 1195   Replies: 61
Last Post: Apr 18, 2008 2:52am
by John
j
John
Beatles Survivor: Cut 5
There was a little confusion about the deadline time last cut. It's 2pm central time which equates to an 8PM timestamp on this board I believe. I also ran into something that I forgot to think about and somehow haven't run into until now. Ties! I think on Schleus...
Views: 627   Replies: 15
Last Post: Apr 17, 2008 11:04pm
by John
m
Max
Help me build a music collection from scratch
I'm in a foul mood, because I just accidentally wiped my iPod (i know, you wouldn't think it possible), and I'm away at uni, so that which I own a hard copy of, I don't have access to. *stops typing to scream at the top of his voice* My pocket is currently 11,...
Views: 743   Replies: 13
Last Post: Apr 17, 2008 7:30pm
by Max
k
Kevin
WTF is this sh*t!
Great title eh? I thought it would be interesting to find out everyones "WTF is this shit?" moments. Use this thread to present an album('s) that you had played for a friend or heard from a friend. There response being "You actually own something like this"....
Views: 784   Replies: 13
Last Post: Apr 17, 2008 3:01pm
by schleuse
r
Rank1
Why Is Magical Mystery Tour so low?
I thinks this is their third best album behind Rubber Soul and Revolver. Sgt Pepper has Sgt. Pepper Reprise/A Day in the Life though I don't feel it is as good or innovative as Magical Mystery Tour. "Magical Mystery Tour": Intruguing mix of stomping rock/R+B rhy...
Views: 821   Replies: 27
Last Post: Apr 17, 2008 1:22am
by mismaiome
k
Kevin
Perfect Careers
What Bands or solo artists due you think have left a perfect life of music behind them. A Career with no mis-steps (ALL Perfect 5/5 star albums) The Velvet Underground - It stands to say that I think (The Velvet Underground & Nico) is better then the rest, because...
Views: 747   Replies: 19
Last Post: Apr 17, 2008 12:59am
by mismaiome
h
Henrik
www.music-map.com - a great site
Taken from the website: "the music-map is a part of gnoosic gnoosic is a part of gnod Gnod is a self-adapting system that learns about the outer world by asking its visitors what they like and what they don't like. In this instance of gnod all is about music...
Views: 484   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 16, 2008 12:35am
by Harpo
When is the All-Time Albums List Expected to be Updated?
I just found this site and love the all-time 3000 Albums list but noticed it didn't include 2007... and sorry if this was asked already a thousand times, but just curious when the next update to that amazing list will be? Thanks again. And fantastic site. Hope...
Views: 406   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 16, 2008 12:03am
by Stephan
j
John
Beatles Survivor: Cut 4
Sorry this is after some of your bedtimes! My boss was in today so I didn't get to pull out a piece of paper and start tabulating until a few minutes ago. As you will notice the elimination votes are a lot lower. Part of that has to do with some of the obvious so...
Views: 660   Replies: 21
Last Post: Apr 14, 2008 6:21pm
by John
Where is the biggest selling albulm of all time??
Apologies if this has already been posted but i couldn't see it after a quick scan. Am i going crazy or can i not find Michael Jackson's 1983 release Thriller on the list? I even searched 1984 and still no mention. Surely the biggest selling albulm of all time (wh...
Views: 680   Replies: 21
Last Post: Apr 14, 2008 3:20pm
by Greg Rumpff
AM Survivor: Week 21
Defenestrated: 26. Nirvana (34) 25. Pixies (30) 24. Elvis Presley (25) (You get the feeling Elvis is looking at his fellow evictees and feeling very confused?) Still around here somewhere: Miles Davis (24), Sly and the Family Stone (20), Otis Redding (18),...
Views: 1256   Replies: 74
Last Post: Apr 14, 2008 2:49pm
by schleuse
k
Kevin
If the decade ended now
What albums do you think will be represented on most critics lists Arcade Fire - Funeral Radiohead - Kid A The Strokes - Is This It Wilco - Yankee Foxtrot Hotel LCD Soundsystem - sound Of Silver Sufjan Stevens - Illinios Arcade Fire - neon bible All obvio...
Views: 707   Replies: 12
Last Post: Apr 13, 2008 11:20pm
by Rune
Sounds like cascada?
yeah... if u like Cascada, there is a compilation series you should check out called "Euro Club Hits" -- it's pretty clear that dance music is coming back around the world -- just check the recent big American hip-hop and R&B hits which are clear rip-offs of the...
Views: 528   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 13, 2008 1:38am
by netjade
Dance Radio Linkz!
yeah... if u like dance radio , there is a compilation series you should check out called "Euro Club Hits" -- it's pretty clear that dance music is coming back around the world -- just check the recent big American hip-hop and R&B hits which are clear rip-offs of...
Views: 517   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 12, 2008 9:34pm
by nizetry
The Unscrabble List
It’s time for another manifestation of my obsessive-compulsive disorder. I blame this one on nicolas, who got me thinking with his (half) joking comment that being a 1960s artist counts for triple points, as in Scrabble. I posted an appreciation of nicolas&#...
Views: 1168   Replies: 58
Last Post: Apr 12, 2008 7:46pm
by Stephan
The (Comparison based) best reviewed albums of the year
I finally decided on a formula for it. Before I post the list, I should explain the intent of this different formula. I was looking at things like Metacritic and Mega-critic and thinking if you base the rating on just a weighted average, it gives more power to ex...
Views: 451   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 12, 2008 7:21pm
by BillAdama
close encounters
Here's a chance to shamelessly name-drop. What AM artists have you actually met, or at least seen up close? Not counting concerts--I'm talking about seeing them taking their kids to the park or ordering fish in a restaurant or checking out of a hotel. Doing norma...
Views: 647   Replies: 12
Last Post: Apr 12, 2008 8:48am
by Snusmumrik
l
Luke
about pics with Kord
I'm looking for pics with Kord. I'm infatuated about girl from Kord. She's so so pretty. I saw her pics on www.bestmusictop.com at bestpicture and i think she's the great girl in my life. I love her!
Views: 801   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 12, 2008 12:33am
by Stephan
r
RR
Why is Led Zeppelin III so low
I and III both deserve to be in the top 100. Even though III caught people off guard upon its release, haven't people realized after almost 40 years that its still on par with 1, 2, and 4?
Views: 582   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 11, 2008 6:44am
by nicolas
c
ChrisF
My how time passes!
Has anyone else noticed that it seems like only yesterday, you were checking for updates of 2004 songs? That's when I first started coming to this site and now it's 2008!
Views: 568   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 10, 2008 11:35pm
by ChrisF
p
Paul
SHOWDOWN: Beatles Covers vs. Dylan Covers
I think this could be an interesting thread. I'm not concerned about quantity, I'm looking for quality. 1. What are the best ever covers of Beatles songs? 2. What are the best ever covers of Dylan songs? 3. Whose songbook of covers is more impressive? Pl...
Views: 794   Replies: 33
Last Post: Apr 10, 2008 9:29pm
by John
p
Paul
A Yearly Chart On A Daily Basis, Thread 2
Hello all, the year is 1957 and we're back on the air. Let's start with a real rouser: Muddy Waters has his mojo workin' (but it just don't work on you):
Views: 1869   Replies: 107
Last Post: Apr 10, 2008 9:21pm
by Honorio
Musical Palette - Melody Composing Tool
Please take a look at my program Musical Palette - Melody Composing Tool. The program is based on the composition theory and harmony theory The site of the program is located here: Screeshot fo the progrramhttp://www.palette-mct.com
Views: 354   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 10, 2008 7:46pm
by Paul
j
John
Beatles Survivor: Cut 3
No big surprises this week. Let's get some more participants this cut! Remember, all you have to do is make your list: Comments are not required. They are gladly welcomed and enjoyed by all, but all I need is a list. Everything should be right with the discography no...
Views: 660   Replies: 15
Last Post: Apr 10, 2008 6:36pm
by Honorio
Odessey & Oracle
Just looking back at the album poll and was wondering if a few people ever ended up picking up (or grrr, downloading) this great, great '60s album. Schwah, Stephan - I'm looking at you guys (only because you both mentioned an unfamiliarity with it). Ok ok, I'll...
Views: 1481   Replies: 88
Last Post: Apr 10, 2008 5:13pm
by Schwah
m
Miguel
Live versions better than the original studio songs: Our Individual Lists
In general, I don’t usually like live albums, but sometimes they contain versions even better than the original studio songs. Here is my list in chronological order: 1. The Rolling Stones: SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL – The Killer Festival. Altamont, 1969 (b...
Views: 555   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 10, 2008 4:11am
by Midaso
k
Kevin
Quick Question
Is it unreasonable to have your top 10 of this decade to start like this 1)Arcade Fire - Funeral 2)Arcade Fire - neon Bible 3)Radiohead - Kid A 4)Radiohead - In Rainbows I know most dont feel this way, and it boths me I have no fillers to put between. when...
Views: 483   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 9, 2008 11:34am
by Andre
k
Kevin
Reunions!
Recently there has been a surge of reunions in the music business. Some have been decent, but none have been great. my question to you is, which bands would you like to see reform, and do you think they still have the stuff to put out a great record. For me: My...
Views: 558   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 9, 2008 4:31am
by Stammer
d
Dan M
Q Magazine - 50 Years of Great British Music
This was in the March 2008 edition of Q Magazine. Some albums and tracks in there haven't appeared on their previous lists. The writers/critics of Q Magazine have a tendency to change their minds once in a while (which is just normal, I guess). Amy Winehouse is a goo...
Views: 2265   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 8, 2008 11:31pm
by Henrik
r
RR
Machine Head
I noticed that it was omitted from Rolling Stone's list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All TIme. That seemed quite glaring to me.
Views: 573   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 8, 2008 9:59pm
by RR
Which 60s albums I don't have are most essential?
I'm catching up on the 80's stuff I've missed with this board's contest, I'm using last year's contest to catch up on the 90's. Next year I figure I can do it with the 70's, and that only leaves pre-1970 and 2000-2004 where my music collection is sorely lacking in d...
Views: 595   Replies: 13
Last Post: Apr 7, 2008 11:47pm
by Rank1
e
EHF3
Blue Map Group!
So checking out the local stadium's show listing today I see "Blue Man Group: How to be a MegaStar Tour 2.1" and I was like holy crap. I decided on posting this here because I know they do music-related stuff too, (they do Baba O'Riley) and was wondering if anyone ha...
Views: 509   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 7, 2008 10:06pm
by EHF3
Rank The Songs From Your Favorite Album
I took this idea from another forum. Basically the idea is to take one of your favorite albums and rank each song from favorite to least favorite. I'll start with my favorite album of this decade- Apologies To The Queen Mary. Wolf Parade - Apologies To The Queen M...
Views: 1079   Replies: 30
Last Post: Apr 7, 2008 5:58pm
by sonofsamiam
j
John
Beatles Survivor: Cut 2
Hey guys, thanks for voting for what seemed like the entire Beatles catalog. A bunch of expected boots and one 1st round stunner. Eliminated today: Revolution #9 (22) Love Me Do (19) Dig It! (17) Dizzy Miss Lizzie (15) Maggie Mae (15) Bubbling Under...
Views: 704   Replies: 22
Last Post: Apr 7, 2008 9:37am
by Mitchell Stirlin...
h
Henrik
New game: a yearly chart on a daily basis
I hope you've not become tired of games/polls yet...I just got an idea of a new game that is a bit complicated but I think it could be a lot of fun. We could pretend that this is a daily radio show with a top 10 list based on listeners' votes. However, in this gam...
Views: 2362   Replies: 131
Last Post: Apr 7, 2008 2:22am
by ChrisF
j
Jonah
More Fun With the List
Stemming from the "Criminal" Thread. Starting at #1 on the AM list, how far do you have to go down before you hit a 10-album gap, consisting of 10 consecutively ranked albums that you have never heard all the way through? If you borrowed from a friend and listene...
Views: 1286   Replies: 48
Last Post: Apr 7, 2008 12:55am
by Penguin
j
John
The Real Bracketology Updates
Update through Friday early games: 1 point for first round wins, 2 points added each round. Schleuse: 17 points 0 Sweet Sixteen out 0 Elite Eight out 0 Final Four out 0 Championship out Champion: Texas Greg: 17 points 0 Sweet Sixteen out 0 Elite E...
Views: 716   Replies: 38
Last Post: Apr 6, 2008 7:33pm
by Penguin
r
Rune
Translated song competition.
Here's one for ya! I've translated a song from its original English language, into Norwegian, then to German, back into Norwegian, and finally back to English again, using a web-based automatic translator. The question is, of course: What song is this? (I'll star...
Views: 766   Replies: 30
Last Post: Apr 6, 2008 5:03pm
by Rune
AM Survivor: Week 20
Yerrrrr OUTTA here: 29. Tom Waits (31) 28. James Brown (31) 27. Bruce Springsteen (31) Working a two-strike count: Pixies (30), Talking Heads (30), Nirvana (25), Sly and the Family Stone (24), The Clash (17), Elvis Presley (17). (This week’s results...
Views: 990   Replies: 40
Last Post: Apr 6, 2008 3:55pm
by schleuse
h
H61R
Favourite Packaging
Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for really nice box sets like this. So far I've looked at Portishead's "Third" (below) and Nine Inch Nails' "Ghosts" ultra-deluxe limited edition box set but those are +300$
Views: 520   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 6, 2008 6:54am
by John
a
Andre
Pazz & Jop 2007 revisited
Hi, it's been about 3 months ago that most of us submitted their end of year lists to Rocky Raccoon. The problem with early voting in December/January is, that you might not have listened to a couple of albums at all, or not enough to let the music sink in. As a c...
Views: 754   Replies: 14
Last Post: Apr 5, 2008 2:21pm
by Kevin
c
ChrisF
Are the Cars Cool? Is Cheap Trick cool?
My vote would be yes, and, I'm still not sure, but Surrender is a stone cold classic.
Views: 716   Replies: 16
Last Post: Apr 4, 2008 1:00am
by netjade
c
ChrisF
Townes Van Zandt
Anybody else into this great songwriter? I would compare him to, obviously, Dylan, but also Leonard Cohen. Very good lyrics. Very literate. I think he's an artist that alot of people on here might not have checked out, but I would put "The Late Great Townes Van Zandt...
Views: 667   Replies: 14
Last Post: Apr 3, 2008 8:20pm
by Paul
r
Rune
Pop stars, and the sports they're good at.
Had Prince only been a funky, sexcrazed midget, instead of a funky, sexcrazed, musical genius midget, I'm pretty sure he could have been a world class jockey. Sting looks like a regional hurdling champion to me, and Phil Collins, of course, was probably a big hop...
Views: 679   Replies: 12
Last Post: Apr 3, 2008 7:35pm
by schleuse
Forum Poll: The Best Albums and Songs of 1981
Welcome to part 2 of the best albums and songs of the '80s poll. This month we will take 1981 at face value (did you see that clever subliminal message there?). 1981 was the year we traded in Bob Marley, Bill Haley, Georges Brassens and Mike Bloomfield for Britney Sp...
Views: 4456   Replies: 174
Last Post: Apr 3, 2008 2:09pm
by SuperFurry
The Best Years of Their Lives, Part 2
Let's start rolling out the top 50. First, though, a recap: 100. Bob Marley & the Wailers, 1974 99. OutKast, 2000 98. N.W.A., 1988 97. The Band, 1968 96. The Beatles, 1964 95. Aretha Franklin, 1968 94. Iggy Pop, 1977 93. Elvis Costello, 1977 92. Franz Ferd...
Views: 1413   Replies: 78
Last Post: Apr 3, 2008 11:13am
by Snusmumrik
help? anybody?
OK, I've seen it done many times, so I know someone here must know how to do it: How do you embed an image in a post? (Young techheads, please pardon with the 40-year-old technological illiterate.)
Views: 543   Replies: 13
Last Post: Apr 3, 2008 10:15am
by Stephan
j
John
Let's discuss jazz
The only jazz we ever discuss on here seems to be Miles and Coltrane. What are your favorite styles and what instruments do you prefer to be highlighted? Any other questions to throw in the mix are welcome. I'm very picky with my jazz. I tend to like it moody and...
Views: 668   Replies: 21
Last Post: Apr 3, 2008 4:55am
by Mike Kelly
k
Kevin
UPON YOUR FIRST LISTEN?
I'm gunna take it upon myself to assume that the majority of the readers in this forum have heard the fallowing albums. I'm just wondering what everyones thoughts on the following were after there first listen. The Velvet Underground & Nico The Beatles - Sgt Pepp...
Views: 591   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 3, 2008 3:05am
by Slush
t
Tom
Stand-Alone Songs
So what are some good stand-alone songs? What I mean is songs that aren't on an album or are on some weak album Why? Well it's just good to download these songs to fill in gaps and then buy the albums Examples: Suede - Stay Together Oasis - Whatever
Views: 684   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 3, 2008 12:50am
by John
j
John
Beatles Survivor : 1st Cut
Welcome to a spinoff of the original Survivor: Beatles Survivor! Every Monday and Thursday we will vote for the 10 songs we want to boot off the island we were abandoned on when our yellow submarine sprung a leak. Rules: Vote for 10 songs. Assign 5 points to tw...
Views: 794   Replies: 29
Last Post: Apr 2, 2008 9:05pm
by Toni
k
Kevin
Question for list makers
I was just going through my personal 100 favourite albums. The ones that I feel are the best the art has to offer. My question to you is - I have 51 artists total that make up for the 100 albums on my list. Is that to narrow, or does everyone seem to fall into that b...
Views: 686   Replies: 14
Last Post: Apr 2, 2008 1:05am
by Kevin
2008 Acclaimed Music Songs Poll: Summary and Statistics
Thank you to everyone for participating in the songs poll! It seems like many of us are discovering a number of great gems in the process, which makes it all worth it. Here is a summary of the poll, as well as some fun statistics. Part 1 (includes Bubbling Under...
Views: 911   Replies: 16
Last Post: Apr 1, 2008 7:46pm
by Seppomat
d
Daniel
Top 25 Non-Acclaimed Songs: Our Individual Lists
I really liked the topic "Top 10 Non-Acclaimed Albums: Our Individual Lists" started by Captain For Dark Mornings, so I thought it would be nice to start one of our favourite songs that were not included on Acclaimed Music...but I figured there would be a lot more so...
Views: 851   Replies: 19
Last Post: Apr 1, 2008 7:27pm
by Travis Bickles
r
Rune
Great artists from your native country
..or state, maybe, if you are American. I'll start with a great Norwegian band. They're even from my hometown Kristiansand. Here's Evan Seleven. They've been described as a mix between Nirvana and The Beach Boys. I don't know how accurate that description is, b...
Views: 1180   Replies: 58
Last Post: Apr 1, 2008 7:06pm
by Travis Bickles
h
Henrik
New game: A yearly chart on a daily basis
I hope you've not become tired of games/polls yet...I just got an idea of a new game that is a bit complicated but I think it could be a lot of fun. We could pretend that this is a daily radio show with a top 10 list based on listeners' votes. However, in this gam...
Views: 387   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 1, 2008 1:54pm
by Henrik
a
Andre
The La's - BBC In Session [2006]
As an (early) fan of The La's, I would like to ask your attention for this compilation of BBC radio recordings. I think it was sometime in 1988 that I first saw a video clip (probably MTV) of this Liverpool band, Way Out. It was love at first hear, and I was even...
Views: 416   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 31, 2008 11:42pm
by Andre
j
John
Anybody up for a quick new game?
I know there are a few things going on right now but in the middle of the week when I've already voted for Survivor and the 80's poll is only once a month. I kind of want something else, but something easy and fun. So, here's my thought...most of us are Beatles fa...
Views: 608   Replies: 27
Last Post: Mar 31, 2008 11:05pm
by John
At long last, the 2008 Acclaimed Music Poll Individual Lists!
I'm sorry for the delay! Behold our wondrous lists! Ajackson: 1. The Rolling Stones – Gimme Shelter 2. Bob Dylan – Like A Rolling Stone 3. The Arcade Fire – Rebellion (Lies) 4. Outkast – Hey Ya! 5. Nirvana – Smells Like Teen S...
Views: 4929   Replies: 62
Last Post: Mar 31, 2008 10:52pm
by Greg Rumpff
best workout & gym trax for my ipod?
... I need new music: mostly for running but also for a full gym workout... I need some suggestions as I'm tired of listening to the same old stuff. I tend to buy stuff on itunes, not really wanting to mess my computer with the pirate programs.......
Views: 387   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 31, 2008 10:29pm
by Greg Rumpff
David Thomas!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok...I really never thought it would happen but David Thomas has finally opened the Pere Ubu vaults! I stumbled on his new website - www.hearpen.com and found all sorts of never before available recordings &videos AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD PURCHASE!!! There is a wild li...
Views: 506   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 31, 2008 7:42pm
by Perevudu
AM Survivor: Week 19
Mama said knock you out: 32. Aretha Franklin (34) 31. Sonic Youth (33) 30. Beck (28) Survive and advance: Pixies (24), Tom Waits (23), Nirvana (23), Sly and the Family Stone (22), James Brown (21). I hope last week didn’t scare anyone off, because th...
Views: 1266   Replies: 76
Last Post: Mar 31, 2008 3:43pm
by schleuse
Panic at the Disco....acclaimed?
Ok, wipe that sour look from your face for a second. Their new album is released tomorrow, and the reviews have started pouring in... "...these Vegas boys have just picked up a new wardrobe of hugely entertaining pretensions, attempting to make their very own Sgt...
Views: 756   Replies: 24
Last Post: Mar 31, 2008 10:02am
by Andre
k
KX3M
For Us R.E.M. Fans
Go to the top right of http://remhq.com/index.php or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41GsaZn3xTw Newest single by R.E.M. called Supernatural Superserious off of Accelerate, its pretty good.
Views: 679   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 30, 2008 11:11am
by Chas
j
Jordan
virtual birthday flowers
Come out of dorian gray oscar wilde double virtual birthday flowers the year. Toss the what are spring flowers monodelpha, 000 of ways. Day nine species in bulk fairly early 2004, 000 prize for brooklyn flowers delivery denver botanical oddball. It is buy cheap flowe...
Views: 421   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 29, 2008 3:28pm
by EdAmes
h
H61R
Buying Gap Between LP/CD
Subject title probably made no sense so I'll give a quick explanation. I prefer vinyl, but I still buy CD's aswell, but I was wondering if anyone else had this sort of problem and what there sort of gap was. For example, going down the most acclaimed albums of...
Views: 560   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 29, 2008 12:11am
by Rune
m
Midaso
How do you guys do it?
Just interested - how everyone(I might be wrong here but it just seems this way) gets all this music so easily? People putting their top 10 of 2007. I've only got one album from 2007,and that's because it's FREE(Radiohead). I only really get music from stores,but I j...
Views: 930   Replies: 22
Last Post: Mar 28, 2008 12:13am
by Chevi
k
Kevin
Top 10 Badass album's
Albums that scream let's kick some ass and take names. Albums with so much raw energy, that when you listen to it, it makes you wanna scream or punch something. 1)Grinderman - Grinderman 2)The Stooges - Fun House 3)Tom wait's - Real Gone 4)Pearl Jam - Vitology...
Views: 594   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 27, 2008 8:35pm
by H61R
k
Kevin
Best Album of the Year!...Already?
I'm having trouble believing that there will be a better album released in the remainder of this year. The album I am refering to is Nick cave and The Bad Seeds - Dig lazarus Dig!!!. Admittedly I have long since been a great admirer of Cave's and his fellow bandmates...
Views: 648   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 27, 2008 7:55pm
by Stephan
h
Henrik
Release year for Violent Femmes' debut album?
In the early days of RYM, I was surprised that they listed Violent Femmes' debut album as a 1982 release, and I made some research on the web. If I remember correctly I came to the conclusion that it wasn't released until 1983 (at least not officially) and I specific...
Views: 511   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 27, 2008 2:12am
by John
David Bowie and Prince
I'll admit right now that I'm not too familiar with these two artists. Yet, I just don't know where to start with these two artists. I've looked into Bowie more than Prince, but "Low" didn't really interest me and the jarring guitar sound kind of turned me off. He...
Views: 553   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 27, 2008 12:03am
by Moonbeam
Head start on 1982 and 1983
I want to get ahead of the curve in buying up missing 80's albums for the contest. Thought I'd ask for suggestions. Keeping in mind, I personally lean toward albums that nothing else quite sounds like. For 1982... I already had: Michael Jackson - Thriller...
Views: 578   Replies: 16
Last Post: Mar 26, 2008 10:36pm
by BillAdama
Mikal Blue... producer of "Bubbly"
Have you heard Mikal Blue yet? If you like Jack Johnson, John Mayer, Five For Fighting, One Republic, Augustana, Damien Rice, Juno, Crowded House, The Beatles, Rufus Wainwright, Goo Goo Dolls, Jason Mraz, Maroon 5, Keane, Aqualung, John Mayer, James Morrison, etc......
Views: 459   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 26, 2008 2:33pm
by schleuse
k
Kevin
The Raconteurs - Consoler's of the lonely
It's an easy observation to see that this album is sure to crack at least the top 20 of 2008's year end list's. Is it better then "broken Boy Soldier" YES!. But does that really amount to much?- Sorta! The Raconteurs debut was one full of future possibilities....
Views: 621   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 26, 2008 7:50am
by Kevin
LP vs. CD
I have about 70 of each, but I need help deciding which collection I should truly expand on in the years to come, so....which is better? LPs or CDs?
Views: 687   Replies: 20
Last Post: Mar 26, 2008 2:08am
by John
h
H61R
Suprise Guest Appearances
Have you ever been to a concert and someone really surprising came out? I was at a Bruce Springsteen concert and all of a sudden he brings out Arcade Fire and performs State Trooper and Keep The Car Running (below). Also when I saw Steve Miller, he brought on Johnny...
Views: 451   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 25, 2008 9:44pm
by Kevin
k
Kevin
Your Top 25 Favourite Albums
1)Radiohead : OK Computer 2)Bob Dylan : Blood On The Tracks 3)The Beatles : Abby Road 4)Van Morrison : Astral Weeks 5)Tom Waits : Rain Dogs 6)Arcade Fire : Funeral 7)Nick Drake : Five Leaves Left 8)Bob Dylan : Blonde on Blonde 9)The Beatles : The White Album...
Views: 682   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 25, 2008 9:42pm
by Greg Rumpff
AM Survivor: Week 18
Bubbles have burst: 35. Curtis Mayfield (32) 34. PJ Harvey (29) 33. Bob Marley and the Wailers (28) Still on the good side of the bubble: Aretha Franklin (27), Sonic Youth (23), Beck (23), Tom Waits (23), Nirvana (19). (“Bubble” is a term from...
Views: 2106   Replies: 124
Last Post: Mar 25, 2008 9:17pm
by Greg Rumpff
Mikal Blue... producer of "Bubbly"
Have you heard Mikal Blue yet? If you like Jack Johnson, John Mayer, Five For Fighting, One Republic, Augustana, Damien Rice, Juno, Crowded House, The Beatles, Rufus Wainwright, Goo Goo Dolls, Jason Mraz, Maroon 5, Keane, Aqualung, John Mayer, James Morrison, etc......
Views: 470   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 25, 2008 4:25pm
by MaryandHearts
h
Henrik
A place to spread love for artists voted out of survivor
Thanks schleuse for survivor: another fun and thrilling game! The game is tough and when our favourite artists have been voted out, I'm pretty sure that many of us will feel the need to express our love for these artists. Therefore, I have created this place where...
Views: 1970   Replies: 73
Last Post: Mar 25, 2008 3:55am
by Moonbeam
o
OK
Top Ten Blur Songs: Our Individual Lists
Well that's slightly shocking - no top ten list for Blur songs???? 1)Tender 2)This Is A Low 3)The Universal 4)Coffee + TV 5)Song 2 6)To The End 7)End Of A Century 8)Charmless Man 9)For Tomorrow 10)Tracy Jacks
Views: 640   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 23, 2008 3:38am
by Jeff
the real bracketology
This might be a long shot, and it has nothing to do with music, but if there are any other college basketball fans on this forum, would anyone be interested in a just-for-fun NCAA Tournament pool? (Before anyone in Europe or Oceania asks, NCAA stands for National...
Views: 882   Replies: 54
Last Post: Mar 23, 2008 3:23am
by John
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65