The Strokes - Is This It
Wilco - Yankee Foxtrot Hotel
LCD Soundsystem - sound Of Silver
Sufjan Stevens - Illinios
Arcade Fire - neon bible

All obvious entries. What do you think?

Re: If the decade ended now

Kevin Federline - Playing With Fire

No offense.. but seriously, what's the point?

whats the point of Music Magazines holding mid decade reports and them being used on this site to give them advantages over classic albums. Look at all the mid decade best of's that The Strokes have. Thats the only way they are as high as they are. They should all be taken off.

He's right guys. No more lists until January 2010 everyone, pens down!

no more lists. shake on it. stupid critics. stupid white stroke arcade illinoise funerals.... This kid permanently aims for babbling, now that's for sure, but I kinda like him though... or at least his courage to back the same 5 records over and over again..

If the decade ended now, then there would have to have been either some apocalyptic event or a radical rethink of the current calendar arrangements.
In either event, James Blunt's 'Back To Bedlam' ain't nuthin' to fuck wit'.

Lol, you are en fuego today, nejade.

well.indeed..raccoon.. now how exactly would you try to sing?.. like spring? or missus. spring.. personally, i really LOVE those evening colours. they keep abandoning me righteously...

try? As if it would be merely an attempt? But I'm one for autumnal tones, for the warmth of spirit and no desertion guaranteed.

LCD Soundsystem shouldn't be there...

I would argue the other way, that people are biased in favor of older albums just because they were the first to be canonized.

That's the thing about canonization in any media. Once the canon is saturated, it's virtually impossible for anything else to be considered on the same level as the first stuff to make it in. Just look at Conservatories. They have their 'canon' of ten classical artists and refuse to even entertain the notion of anybody else being on the same level.

And besides. If Strokes don't continue to be added on best of lists, they'll drop like a stone. Henrik has said that he weights lists heavier the farther after the album came out they were made. So ten years from now, the lists made in 2004 that included the Strokes will barely be counted.

Pretty much all the Radiohead albums will be omnipresent on best of decade lists, but especially Kid A. Funeral probably will be, Sound of Silver and Illinois probably will be, The Blueprint and the Outkast hits probably will be. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, absolutely. Elephant and White Blood Cells, absolutely. MIA's albums will make a lot of lists.

I'd say that LCD Soundsystem is the most deserving to be there, Midaso!

I just don't get that LCD Soundsystem album. I've had it since it was new, and I can't seem to get into it. I liked the one with Daft Punk Is Playing At My House and Tribulations (can't remember the name right now) a lot more. A lot.