Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Albums you're conflicted about

What albums do you have the most mixed feelings about?

For me...

1. Cyndi Lauper - She's So Unusual. On one hand, it has a few really good songs on it. On the other, it also has Girls Just Want To Have Fun, the irritating song that I'm forced to hear on the job about thirty times a week.

2. Any good gangsta rap album. It will invariably be an instance of 'Love the music, abhor the lyrics'. Seriously, singing about shooting people in drug territory battles and dominating women?

3. The Hold Steady - Either album. The music rocks out, but the vocals sound obnoxious even before you notice the lyrics are obnoxious too.

4. LCD Soundsystem - s/t. Great beats, too much talk-singing.

5. Michael Jackson - Thriller. A few great songs, but...possibly a pedophile, and even if not, a plastic surgery addict with piss poor judgment.

Re: Albums you're conflicted about

Here's one....Graceland by Paul Simon. Turns out the whole thing could have been stolen: Steve Berlin Interview.

Pretty much every Beatles album - I go between thinking it's pretty crap to pretty solid. I've never thought any were really classic except Revolver...

Born To Run, anything McCartney or Lennon put out except McCartney ST, Surrealistic Pillow...all albums that I could listen to one day and enjoy but have to turn off another day.

I would say Nirvana Nevermind. I think it's a great album but I prefer Pearl Jam Ten. Dylan Blonde on Blonde has a lot of filler amongst some all time great songs.

There's filler on Blonde on Blonde? You must have been listening to a different album than I have..