Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What else but music things do you do?

Just a little get-to-know-you-better-post.

Most of us in here are pretty interested in music, I guess, but what else do you guys like to do.

I'm really into running right now. Great fun. I've been doing some orienteering the last couple of years, and I'm planning on doing some this summer too. I like to go fishing as well, but I haven't done that in a little while.

I love movies, I've even studied movies at college level, but I never bothered to work hard enough to get a job in that field. I love classic cars, and I'm planning on buying one. I've got my eyes on a great Ford Capri (that's Mercury Capri to you Americans). There's too little dirty work to do on my Hyundai.

I also have a beautiful girlfriend and a beautiful son, and they demand some attention too. My work is as an air traffic controller's assistant in a control tower. That's a great job, well paid and I'm not working my shirt off, to say it like that.

That's me, then. How about you?

Re: What else but music things do you do?

I'm really into baseball and know a lot about the history of the game. I'm into basketball almost as much, and am a casual NFL fan. I'm also very big into fantasy sports especially baseball.

I like watching movies a lot, but have a hard time setting aside 2-3 hours to watch one. I'm working my way through the Criterion Collection slowly while trying to keep up with new stuff coming out.

I'm also big into talk radio. There are a few programs I love listening to locally and on podcasts.

Stand-up comedy too. Love that. My favorites are Todd Barry, Paul F. Tompkins, Jim Gaffigan and I love Michael Ian Black's new cd.

As for active stuff I have become a couch potato since graduating from college 5 years ago. I really want to start bicycling this spring. I get too bored running so maybe if I feel if I'm going somewhere I'll like it more. I used to be very active, playing soccer and baseball through college and pickup basketball.

On more of a personal level instead of describing myself by things I'm interested in, I've been married for about 4 years and am music director at a radio station.

Rune,

I always heard that working in an air traffic control towere was incredibly stressful. Not true?

As for my interests, I'm kind of like my 6 year old son. He goes in waves, all one thing then all another thing. For the last year plus its been all about rediscovering my love of music (which kind of got pushed aside for career, kids, and even sports for awhile there). If I'm not working (which is too much) or hanging with the family I'm tinkering with my goofy music website.

Five years ago I was unbeatable at fantasy football. Now it seems kind of stupid, but I still keep pretty close tabs on major league baseball. Sad to see my Tigers off to such a pathetic start.

It can be really stressful at times, but there's also a lot of waiting. I guess if you work at a large airport, there's always a lot to do, but the airport I work at only serve a city of 70000 inhabitants (or a region of, say, 110000), and there's not so much traffic here.

Rune, I'm a runner as well--4 marathons under my belt, and I'm signed up for the registration lottery for this year's NYC marathon (my eventual goal is to run the big five: New York, Chicago, Boston, London and Berlin).

Paul, I don't know why the Tigers are 0-7, but it's a fluke--with that offense, they'll come around eventually. I'd rather be rooting for your team than mine...the Astros look hapless, even in their bad division.

I'm a freelance writer--recently sold my first short story--and one of my gigs looks like it's about to turn into a full-time job with a local arts organization. I'm not wild about giving up my flexible schedule, but a steady income would be nice.

I've been married for nearly four years now; my wife's an opera singer who's smarter and prettier than I am. Frankly, she's way out of my league. No kids yet.

Wow, lots of similarities of interest with others here...

I enjoy running too, but was much more competitive as a sprinter than any sort of long distance. So no marathons for me, but I'm getting back into the 3-mile jaunts.

Baseball and its history is another passion of mine; I'm a big fan of Bill James' work, for example. I'm also a Cubs fan (born and bred, nothing you can really do about that), so I've had my share of baseball life lessons as well!

I've been married 8 years and very very happily at that (thankfully she has patience regarding my music-collecting obsession), and have a 5-year-old girl and (nearly) 3-year-old boy. They're the joy of my life, really.

Work-wise, I'm a Systems Analyst (IT term) for a large insurance company -- I get to play with a lot of data, deal with operational processes, manage Disaster Recovery work, and do a bit of application development. It's a far cry from my original course of study as an English major, but I enjoy it and it pays the bills. (Though the hours can be very nasty.)

I also love literature and film, as I've found many music buffs do. I'm happy to talk about lowbrow pop culture and high art at length, and all the gray in-between, not to mention the difficulty in distinguishing the two.

And I'm of course a sucker for lists of any sort, and have a thirst for completist knowledge that seems unquenchable. At list it keeps things interesting!

I forgot literature. I read a lot, and listen to a lot of audio books. I probably listen to more books than music nowadays.

Cubs fan, huh? Do you realize that of the 3000 songs on this site, 2999 of them have come out since their last championship?

No, I kid--I like the Cubs, and Wrigley's still the best place to see a game. Fukudome looks like a monster, and they've got a good shot to make the Series this year.

Do you realize that of the 3000 albums on this site, 2999 of them have come out since their last World Series? (Only 2878 of the songs, though.)

Hey Paul, I'm a Tigers fan too! 13-2 Sunday night? Wtf?

B.V.. .B. tCfkaB.r..lin. April 19th. 08. n- - celtics ahead.. , ..

Rune, I run orienteering too! Maybe we'll meet at O-Ringen 5-days in Sälen in July?

John, I just googled the Criterion Collection. Looks very educating and fun. You have to check out spine #58 "Peeping Tom" if you haven't already.

Me still can't believe to acknowledge brilly Carl Boehme as that sinnee.voyant.alpha.ober.psycho. (behind.all. .those.branches)
I'm rooting
for some
true

and THAT'S bad.

That Criterion Collection sure looks great. I've seen some of those films, and they are all pure genius.

I've got a book called 1001 Movies To See Before You Die, or something, and I started picking random films from that one a couple of years ago. Many of my now favorite film were discovered through that book. I guess I can discover some more through that Criterion Collection.

By the way, one of my four favorite movies (the other three are Amadeus, The Graduate and Funny Games) is the German movie Stroszek. I discovered it through the book I mentioned. It has found its place in rock mythology by being the movie Ian Curtis watched before hanging himself.

Funny Games has apparantly been remade with Tim Roth and Naomi Watts. Anybody seen it?

My hobbies:
- Film: Currently watching both recommended new stuff as well as going down the list on theyshootpictures.com which is gonna take quite a bit of time because the amount of classics I've seen is rather limited
- Series: This is probably what I spend most of my time on, watching complete series is incredibly time consuming but also a lot of fun. I think the advantage to film is being able to watch it in 45-60 minute episodes as well as the fact that series usually create a stronger bond with the characters. I'm mainly watching acclaimed series, just finished The Wire, which was incredibly good, and Six Feet Under, of which the last 5 minutes were probably the greatest minutes in television history mainly due to the previously mentioned bond with the characters. Just started watching Battlestar Galactica, the new series that is, which is quite good.
- Games: None of that console-crap, PC all the way. Mainly playing whatever new good game comes out as well as playing some classics. Luckily for me this won't be as big a project as for films, because classics for film go back as far as 1920 while 'classic' games only go back to about 1995 and I've already played most of the more highly recommended ones.

Other than that I enjoy occasionally playing some football (soccer for Americans), working out, going out, etc.

Definitely not my hobby but something I also spend a considerable amount of time on is my International Business & Management course at the university. I don't really work a whole lot, but I've been doing some sales work of virtual items (don't laugh, it pays rather well and I don't even have to get out of my chair ).

I recall Ebert not being very positive about that remake Rune, but I haven't seen it myself.

Found his review for you.

Oh yeah I've seen Peeping Tom. Great movie. I haven't seen Strozek yet but I'm getting to it. One of my favorites is Jubilee.

I recently saw the original version of Funny Games and it's the scariest film I've ever seen. I went crazy during the "quiet scene", thinking I'm too old to treat myself with this.

The next day I saw the extras with Haneke's comments on why and how he did the film, and it's now one of my favourite films ever.

Football The Beautiful Game or here in America it's called soccer.

I got a strange relationship with "Funny Games"
Everytime I see it on the library or the video store shelves, I've got that attraction-repulsion feeling... but I never take it. Especially now that I'm a father because I guess there are kids in that movie and I can't stand violence against children anymore.

What else but music do I do ? not much, in fact, except working and leading a family life. I'm an editor for the French Who's Who dictionnary, which means I write important people's biographies. It doesn't pay much so I'm looking for other jobs. So last year I went back to school and now I have a specialize master in Publishing management
I am (at last) starting a musical critic career (but it is music). .

I love literature too, I read a lot (my wife is a bookseller). Tons of crime books, sci fi, "serious" literature, history of music and general history. Favorite authors : James Ellroy, David Peace, Dostoievski, Philip K. Dick, Herman Hesse, Stieg Larsson, James crumley, Aldous Huxley, Lovecraft, Burgess, Nick Toshes, Richard Matheson, James Lee Burke, Camus, Zola...
I wrote a book in the past (a novel), and maybe someday there'll be an other (but my real dream would be a record).
Movies too, but I don't go to theaters very often because of the kids. I like series too because they are like novels (I'm watching The Spranos with a growing delight)

I also take care of my family. I've got a beautiful wife and 2 small kids (4 year and 4 months-old) and it takes a hell of a time and energy. I'm trying to be a good father; today I heard on the radio a famous French doctor (Aldo Naouri)say that to be a good father you have to keep your wife in love with you for all of your life. That's one of the most clever things I've ever heard...

I love sports, especially soccer (but I hate Paris team). I'm a big supporter of the french national team. I run, bike, exercise and do skipping too.

As a lot of French people, I'm interested in politics.
And on wine and food, but at my age you have to keep an eye on what you eat and drink.

As an English major, I really should have mentioned literature. I like a balanced diet of Big Important Books and well-written pulp fiction.

Favorite authors include (in democratic alphabetical order): Italo Calvino, Michael Chabon, Raymond Chandler, Umberto Eco, Ralph Ellison, William Faulkner, Jonathan Franzen, Dashiell Hammett, Robert E. Howard, James Joyce, H.P. Lovecraft, Cormac McCarthy, Larry McMurtry, Alan Moore, Toni Morrison, Jose Saramago, Iain Sinclair, Mark Twain, and Tom Wolfe.

I read more nonfiction than fiction, these days, but I did just start The Secret History, by Donna Tartt. I avoided it for a long time after hearing that it was in the Ellis/McInerney tradition--but actually, I'm liking it OK so far.

Favorite movies, while I'm at it: Dr. Strangelove, Duck Soup, Life of Brian, Rear Window, The Right Stuff, Seven Samurai, Touch of Evil, The Wild Bunch.

(I've read enough buzz on Funny Games to be pretty sure that I have absolutely no desire to see either version.)

I'm taking programming classes and I'm into video games. Particularly role playing games and old school action games. (My NES is still hooked up.)

My taste exactly BillAdama. My SNES isn't hooked up at the moment, but my N64 is, and it has Zelda: Ocarina of Time pretty much stuck in the slot.. I can't seem to find time to actually complete that game though. On PC I play mainly role playing games.. have you played Morrowind? (my favorite game of all time)

Morrowind is pretty good but Oblivion is absolutely amazing.

I prefer Morrowind, Oblivion is too easy in my opinion. The whole point of the Elder Scrolls universe was not taking players by the hand leading them through the quests. Oblivion does just that with quick-travel, an arrow pointing the way towards every quest, etc. That said, Oblivion is still one of my favorite games as well.

I LOVE quick travel. I can understand how it makes it easier and takes something away from the game but I would never have committed so much time to Oblivion if I had to keep traveling to places I'd already visited. It's too big of a universe and too long of a game to not have quick travel. Casual video game players like me would not have played that game if they weren't allowed that feature.

That's the problem for me I suppose, in their quest for accessibility they sacrificed some of the things I loved about the Elder Scrolls series but which most likely kept the larger public from playing the first three. I just think it's much more fun to have actual ways of travel like boats and do the rest by foot; it gives much more satisfaction when you finally find that hard-to-find place, whereas in Oblivion the NPCs say it's hard to find but really you just fast-travel to the closest location and follow the marker. Anyway, if that's a price I have to pay to get more Elder Scrolls games I'll gladly pay it.

Mostly work (I'm an untenured university teacher, and the "publish or get out" pressure is pretty stiff) and family. And some very amateur guitar playing.

Apart from that: reading. Mostly classics and detective stories. Dunno why those are the books that make me relax, but they are. Presently I'm having a romp through some of the Greek dramatists.

I'm more into the Japanese style of RPGs than the Western style. I'd rather have the epic plotlines and characters with personality and battles based around strategy.

Western style RPGs either tend to have survival/horror plotlines or take them straight out of D&D sourcebooks. I don't like the silent protagonists and I don't like having to grind up your level.

(Of course, even my taste in Japanese style RPGs has gotten kind of eclectic. I don't really like Square anymore. But try to keep me away from a Tri-Ace, Nippon Ichi, or Atlus game.)

I also like retro action games a lot more than newer action games. Newer action games always put the camera way too close to your back so you can't say anything, and force you to memorize combos instead of building up reflexes like the older action games did. They also focus way too much on presentation and way too little on actual fun.

Make that 'so you can't see anything', not 'so you can't say anything'.

I kinda feel like I'm mimicking Stephan a bit, but here goes.

Movies: I also go after the They Shoot Pictures list, but I've been more focused on the 21st Century list he has compiled. It seems like a more reasonable goal. I was going after the imdb top 250, but having seen about 90% of them by now, I'm really not that interested in the 10% I haven't seen.

TV: I absolutely adore the Wire. I'm 3 episodes from the end of season 4. I also watch The Office and 30 Rock with the rabbit ears and Curb Your Enthusiasm and Weeds on DVD. For some reason I also started watching the X-Files from the beginning just recently. And of course The Simpsons, South Park & Futurama (mostly on DVD)

Lit: I try to read two books a month and I'm going more non-fiction lately. However, yesterday I heard an interview with Phillip Roth that reminded me I should have read pretty much everything he's written by now. I was probably the worst-read English major in my graduating class, but whatevah.

Sports: I'm from Denver so I'm about hockey right now (although I was happier about it before last night's game). I'm hoping the Rockies start coming together, but I'm kind of a fair-weather fan for every sport by hockey.

Other: Most likely, I'm going back to school in August to start my M.A. in International Affairs at George Washington University in Washington D.C. That should be...fun?!? I'm kind of a political junkie so I'm really looking forward to going back to school for this.

I'm from Minnesota so I should be a hardcore hockey fan, but basketball has always been my winter sport. It's what I grew up playing. But, I'm definitely watching this postseason and unfortunately you won't have a hockey team to watch in about a week.

Them's fightin' words. You wanna meet in Nebraska for a scuffle?

That's sarcasm, I hope it was obvious.

Very obvious. Nobody in their right mind would set foot in Nebraska.

Oh, I don't know about that. Nebraska does have this.

(If you fight there, try not to knock any over.)

Maybe I would've liked Tess of the D'Urbervilles more if it had ended at Carhenge.

Hello all!

Old Fred (40) is soon in his final year to become a psychologist. Economist since earlier but they didn't want me, or was it the other way around...Of course my thesis will be about rock music...

Incidentally my university career started in the same moment Peter Forsberg rose to stardom. And what has he accomplished during that time, except earning a lot of money...at least I will have a degree...and a spleen. Two cups and ugly shoes won't do.

Also a chessplayer since the age of five. And during a period of a few years I lately played some 50.000 one minute chess games on the internet. I'm rehabilitating myself from that still...

Henrik! I also did some orienteering in my younger years. 5-days included! OK Ravinen was my club.

My hobbies are mostly related to music, and I always got the feeling of wanting to do more in that field that I actually can. Apart of that, and like many of you, I like a lot movies and books. But in the last ten years (like Nicolas) the only movies I go to see on theatres are the likes of Ratatouille or Harry Potter. I haven’t rationalized my preferences in books and movies as profoundly as with music, but anyway my 5 favourite books (from XX Century) could be “El Aleph (The Aleph and Other Stories)” (Jorge Luis Borges), “Die Blechtrommel (The Tin Drum)” (Günter Grass), “Il Gattopardo (The Leopard)” (Giuseppe Tomasi de Lampedusa), “The Great Gatsby” (Francis Scott Fitzgerald) or “Sanctuary” (William Faulkner). And the movies could be “Some Like It Hot” (Billy Wilder), “Rear Window” (Alfred Hitchcock), “Modern Times” (Charles Chaplin), “Citizen Kane” (Orson Welles) or “La Strada” (Federico Fellini). From XXI Century I would choose maybe Jeffrey Eugenides’ “Middlesex” as favourite book and Christopher Nolan’s “Memento” as favourite movie but it could change.
About sports I’m afraid I don’t practice any, except swimming during the summer. The big lie ever told is that practicing sport is healthy (go tell it to the orthopaedic surgeons), and I’m only half joking. More lies about sport-players: they are behaviour models, examples of will and effort and ambassadors of your country, city, etc. It’s obvious that professional sport players are in it for the money. Well, like everyone else in fact.
I’m married with two kids, Mar and Miguel. Last Thursday was the 12 birthday of my daughter (oh my God, the coming of the motorcycle pierced boy that will take her away from me is approaching now!).
About my work, I’m an ophthalmologist. I’ve been the head of the Ophthalmology Department of my Hospital for eight years until I resigned for discrepancies with the Director. My sub-speciality is paediatric ophthalmology and I perform surgery of congenital cataracts and strabismus. As you could guess it’s a quite stressing work with a lot of responsibility (and not so well paid in Spanish public health system) but I can’t complain. It’s only, in Thom Yorke words, “a work that slowly kills me”.

Honorio, I loved Middlesex too.
An incredible book !
I read a great Spanish book a few years ago : Javier Cercas' Speed Of Light

I’m interested in literature and movies. My favourite directors are Alfred Hitchcock, Billy Wilder, Stanley Kubrick, Charles Chaplin, Joseph L. Manckiewicz and Woody Allen. There are three excellent Spanish film makers that I like a lot, Luis García Berlanga, Gonzalo Suárez and Francisco Regueiro, but I suppose they are unknown in the rest of the world (even in Spain, Suárez and Regueiro are minority artists).
Literature: my favourite writers are Jorge Luis Borges, James G. Ballard, George Orwell, Italo Calvino and Stephan Zweig. About sports, I absolutely agree with Honorio.

And finally, I’m married, I don’t have children and I’m a civil servant…

I see the states, across this big nation
I see the laws made in Washington, D.C.
I think of the ones I consider my favorites
I think of the people that are working for me

Some civil servants are just like my loved ones
They work so hard and they try to be strong
I'm a lucky guy to live in my building
They all need buildings to help them along

(Talking Heads: Don’t Worry About the Government)

I was born in a welfare state
Ruled by bureaucracy
Controlled by civil servants
And people dressed in grey
Got no privacy got no liberty
Cos the twentieth century people
Took it all away from me.

(The Kinks: 20th Century Man)

Have you seen Brazil, a film by Terry Gilliam. In Spain, the civil service is exactly the same as in this film. I’m not joking!

Well, it may be bad, but I doubt Michael Palin has tortured you lately.

Any fans of new movies here? If film critics weren't so damn conservative - and if TheyShootPictures didn't exist - I would have been interested in doing an AM-like thing for movies too.

Here's my top 10 of all time
1. Happiness (Todd Solondz, 1998)
2. Singin' in the Rain (Stanley Donen / Gene Kelly, 1952)
3. Once Upon a Time in the West (Sergio Leone, 1968)
4. Festen/The Celebration (Thomas Vinterberg, 1998)
5. Psycho (Alfred Hitchcock, 1960)
6. The Sting (George Roy Hill, 1973)
7. Casablanca (Michael Curtiz, 1942)
8. Peeping Tom (Michael Powell, 1960)
9. Pulp Fiction (Quentin Tarantino, 1994)
10. American Beauty (Sam Mendes, 1999)

My top 100 films is mostly new stuff, and not just because I haven't watched that many classics. I agree with you, film critics tend to be a little conservative. I mean, not a single film since 1982 entered the top 100 on theyshootpictures..

Oh yeah, this is my top 10 at the moment. The film list is the most changing list I have, so it could be different next week.

1) The Godfather (Francis Ford Coppola, 1972)
2) Léon (Luc Besson, 1994)
3) The Godfather: Part II (Francis Ford Coppola, 1974)
4) The Shawshank Redemption (Frank Darabont, 1994)
5) Schindlers List (Steven Spielberg, 1993)
6) American Beauty (Sam Mendes, 1999)
7) High Fidelity (Stephen Frears, 2000)
V for Vendetta (James McTeige, 2005)
9) Seven Samurai (Akira Kurosawa, 1954)
10) A Beautiful Mind (Ron Howard, 2001)

The inclusions of The Godfathers are a little predictable maybe, but they're among the few films I feel I can watch indefinitely, they're just so beautiful.

It's way harder for me to rank movies than it is for me to rank albums, because most movies I only see once every few years. For albums you can just pick them up, quickly listen to them, and say "Yeah, I enjoyed that one more".

So just off the top of my head, giving bonus points to the movies that might make me seem more different.

Dr Strangelove
Vertigo
Harakiri
Monty Python's Flying Circus
The Usual Suspects
Star Wars IV-V
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Children of Men
Pan's Labyrinth
Silence of the Lambs

fitting in:
brazil, zabriskie point, the hustler, fallen angels, arizona dream, mystery train, empire strikes back, children of men, 8 1/2 women, umberto d., point blank, ishi the killer
>> 12 frames that made me melt into the lake I was finally poured off... the FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR... roundroundgetaroundigetaround....

and godard's weekend...

... the conversation..

... kim appleby... don't worry.
awesome. ...

Happiness #1? Wow. I liked it but I don't think I've ever seen that in a top 10 list before.

1. Rushmore (Anderson 98)
2. Pulp Fiction (Tarantino 94)
3. The Godfather (Coppola 72)
4. Caddyshack (Ramis 80)
5. American Movie (Smith 99)
6. The Untouchables (De Palma 87)
7. Animal House (Landis 78)
8. The Seventh Seal (Bergmann 57)
9. Mulholland Drive (Lynch 01)
10. The Man Who Knew Too Much (Hitchcock 56)
11. Goldfinger (Hamilton 64)
12. Ghost World (Zwigoff 01)
13. Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Heckerling 82)
14. Big Lebowski (Coen 98)
15. Amadeus (Forman 84)

1. Raising Arizona
2. This Is Spinal Tap
3. Lost In America
4. The Godfather
5. Casablanca
6. Dr. Strangelove
7. Anatomy Of A Murder
8. Cool Hand Luke
9. Giant
10. To Kill A Mockingbird

I'll join in on this with all the riveting details of my life. For now I'm happy to share my top 10 films. For films #11-100 check out older posts on my xanga site. www.xanga.com/jonahkatz.

1. Blues Brothers
2. 2001: A Space Odyssey (Arthur C. Clark, R.I.P.)
3. Fargo
4. Yellow Submarine
5. The Wizard of Oz
6. Star Wars
7. Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2
8. The Matrix
9. Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
10. Talk to Her

Henrik, have you seen all of Todd Solondz's films? I personally like his other 3 movies (Welcome to the Dollhouse, Storytelling, Palindromes) better than Happiness, which has too many plotlines to deal with.

Actually I was disappointed by both "Welcome to the Dollhouse" (did she really have to look that ugly?) and "Storytelling". I haven't seen "Palindromes".

Some personal favourite movies :

Pulp fiction
True romance
Braindead
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
Shaun of the dead
Hot fuzz
Me,Myself and Irene
The wedding crashers
Clerks
C'est arrivé près de chez vous
Gattaca
Casino
Juno
The Truman show
Big fish
Almost famous
American beauty
The devil's rejects
The departed
Dig!
There's something about Mary
The big Lebowski
28 days later
28 weeks later
Trainspotting
Fight club
Goodfellas
A clockwork orange

If we're talking too many storylines Palindromes is far worse than Happiness. I love movies with multiple story lines though. PT Anderson is the master at that with Boogie Nights and Magnolia. I have to say I was a little disappointed by There Will Be Blood because it didn't follow that formula but you can't fault the guy for trying something different. I guess he went in a different direction with Punch Drunk Love as well.

Wow, a lot of movie fanatics here.

I also enjoy movies but still i've a loooot to watch (and so little time ).

Favourite movies:

-Seven Samurais
-2001: A Space Odyssey
-The Godfather I & II
-Apocalypse Now
-Ran
-Shindler's List
-Saving Private Ryan
-Pan's Labyrinth
-Lost in Translation
-Grave of the Fireflies

I need to see more classic films .
I'm also a kind of fan of animated features .

And currently working as a programmer.

We should have a film poll.

That's the only off-topic poll I'll ever allow in this forum.

We should do an AM top 100 movies poll sometime. It's kind of off-topic but it would be fun especially with YouTube clips.

We must have had posted that at exactly the same time!

Altman was the master of weaving storylines. Anderson was just copying him, though brilliantly.

You're absolutely right Greg.