Start a New Topic 
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
El País de las Tentaciones: La Discoteca Perfecta
EL PAÍS DE LAS TENTACIONES: LA DISCOTECA PERFECTA (“THE LAND OF TEMPTATIONS: THE PERFECT RECORD COLLECTION”) The staff of “El País de las Tentaciones” (“The Land of Temptations”), the cultural supplement of the main S...
Views: 5914   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 2, 2006 5:39pm
by Honorio
z
Zach
the chills
has anyone heard of the chills? i actually kind of doubt it but they're this really good somewhat punky band for the 80's. they're very good, and i suggest to anyone who hasnt ever heard them to check em out. your best choice to listen to would be an album called kal...
Views: 769   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 26, 2006 5:02am
by Zach
z
Zach
click it
The Queen is Dead is awesome! That record is soo great. Tell me you guys agree..right?
Views: 670   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 23, 2006 9:16pm
by bob
Is Hip-Hop what it was?
Has hip-hop made a comeback in terms of uniqueness, or is it declining? Also, is bling being more emphasized than it should, and is hip-hop lacking much of important stuff such as social and political messages that the earlier artists of the genre were trying to emp...
Views: 899   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 23, 2006 3:48pm
by Zach
Dr. BLT releases free mp3/denies rumors of Green Day tour
From Dr. BLT Music PRESS RELEASE For Immediate Release From: Dr. BLT MUSIC Dr. BLT has vehemently denied the veracity of rumors that he was spotted having lunch last weekend with the members of Green Day, supposedly discussing plans they have for him to join...
Views: 927   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 22, 2006 7:18pm
by Dr. BLT Music
z
Zach
my apologies
Sorry about the whole sufjan commotion. I'd just like to say I'm sorry, and there was no need of it. I respect that you guys may respect that album, I can just overreact way too much when it comes to music. Once again, my apologies on that. I regret ever spazzing out...
Views: 647   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 22, 2006 5:08am
by Zach
z
Zach
my best albums of ALL TIME (out of order)
Neil Young - After the Gold Rush Caetano Veloso - Caetano Veloso 1969 Silver Jews - American Water Scene Creamers - I Suck on That Emotion Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes Modern Lovers - Modern Lovers The Fall - Hex Enduction Hour Donovan - A Gift From a Flowe...
Views: 907   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 22, 2006 5:01am
by Zach
z
Zach
fuck Sufjan
Views: 767   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 22, 2006 4:58am
by Zach
t
Tim
Achtung Baby
Shouldn't U2's Achtung Baby be #3 on the best albums of the 90s? I haven't seen a single top 20 list where that record has been excluded. Also where's Rilo Kiley? I know Jenny Lewis is getting rave reviews for her new record but they've put out some outstanding ma...
Views: 783   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 22, 2006 2:43am
by Tim
z
Zach
you guys (if by some chance the person reading this has some sort of connection with this site) should start a 2006 list. There already is a great selection of new releases. The new Belle and Sebastian record for instance, or the new Brazilian Revolution in Sound SOu...
Views: 874   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 21, 2006 5:52pm
by sonofsamiam
z
Zach
my top 5 of 2005
1. M.I.A. - Arular 2. Silver Jews - Tanglewood Numbers 3. Animal Collective - Feels 4. Yo La Tengo - Prisoners of Love 5. LCD SOundsystem - LCD Soundsystem and also, I think 1967 is about as dead on as its gonna get, good job to the critics on that one I suppose.
Views: 712   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 21, 2006 2:10pm
by Zach
z
Zach
Hex
1982. Hex Enduction Hour. 48?! WHA? These critics, I'll tell ya.
Views: 650   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 21, 2006 2:04pm
by Zach
FHM 100 Sexiest Videos - Christina Aguilera's Dirrty is the Winner !
The sexiest video of all time in the list of the 100 sexiest video (FHM Magazine) is Dirrty , by Christina Aguilera . Anyone know the full list ? 1 - dirrty 2 - call on me (eric prydz) 3 - satisfaction (benny benassi)
Views: 1736   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 21, 2006 3:04am
by dj dADDY Lanz
Slant Magazine's 100 Greatest Dance Songs
I figured it would be nice to see a different type of list. While I don't agree with a lot of the ordering scheme, I can't fault the inclusion of most of these gems. http://www.slantmagazine.com/music/features/100greatestdancesongs.asp
Views: 895   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 20, 2006 8:06pm
by JR
Video codes, free music video codes site
Videocodesforfree.com is the largest most up to date video music code site on the web, for your MySpace, Xanga, or any Website or Blog. www.videocodesforfree.com Visit us now!
Views: 639   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 20, 2006 12:22pm
by Bogdan Filip
Imixs
I don't know if anyones noticed but the majority of the imixes on itunes that have been top rated keep saying stuff like "We Need Beatles" or "We Need Zeppelin." Even my imix "Woodstock lineup," has been in the top imixes for months, simply because I put a p.s. sayi...
Views: 725   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 19, 2006 8:31pm
by Dudemon
The Talking Heads
I purchased "Remain in the Light" a few months ago I I've been pondering whether this album may have been the biggest influence on Radiohead albums like "OK Computer", and "Kid A." Any thoughts?
Views: 742   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 19, 2006 8:24pm
by Dudemon
z
Zach
Silver Jews
umm....der? Silver Jews fans anyone? they're soo good. American Water doesnt even SHOW UP in the 1998 best of list. WHATS ZA HELL? That's like my all time favorite record. Come on guys. AMERICAN WATER. WHat r u thinking? EVERYONE LOVES THAT RECORD.
Views: 702   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 19, 2006 4:13am
by Zach
z
Zach
Sufjan
Am I the only person who disagrees with Illinois, the Sufjan record, being the top rated record of 2005, on almost every review/record site out there? Cause really. Hate to break it to you guys who, apparently, really seem to enjoy that record, but I fucking HATE tha...
Views: 728   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 17, 2006 7:55pm
by Zach
z
Zach
Blue Lines
i've really been getting into Blue Lines lately. Massive Attack, for anyone who ashamedly may not know. Fantastic record. I felt the need to post that. Reply, and express YOUR feelings about the record.
Views: 633   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 16, 2006 11:44pm
by Zach
x
xpress
Now online!
Innovative music for open minded people. Sometimes categorized as "freaky"! Two tracks now online! Come visit our recently opened MySpace page and website. Point your browsers to www.xpress.co.nr or to www.myspace.com/musixpress/
Views: 580   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 16, 2006 4:11pm
by xpress
Dr. BLT Denies Rumors He will be touring with U2
For Immediate Release From: Dr. BLT Music Re: Singer/songwriter/cult idol Dr. BLT denies rumors he plans to tour/record album with U2. Singer/songwriter/cult idol Dr. BLT is denying rumors that he plans to go into the studio with U2 and further denies that he...
Views: 639   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 14, 2006 3:11am
by B. Thiessen
n
N G
Dr. BLTs new song Shadow of the man
This was a really good song. The best one i ever heard .
Views: 660   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 13, 2006 9:33pm
by N G
The new Dr. BLT Song: Shadow of the Man
This song is really cool. I checked it out.
Views: 657   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 13, 2006 4:34pm
by Nick G.
Shadow of the Man: new free mp3 by Dr. BLT
In case you haven't heard the new Dr. BLT song, featuring Steffie Goosen on percussion, you've got to check this out: Shadow of the Man words and music by Dr. Bruce L. Thiessen, aka Dr. BLT http://www.drblt.com/music/shadowof.mp3 Also, you must here this duet...
Views: 675   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 13, 2006 4:29pm
by Dr. Bruce L. Thi...
EOY: Iceland
Here are two end of year lists; one from a radio show staff (zyrdur rjomi) and the other from a music critic website (rjominn.is) Zyrdur Rjomi Plotur Arsins 2005: (http://syrdurrjomi.blogspot.com/2006/01/pltur-rsins-2005-10-1.html) 1. WOLF PARADE - Apologies To...
Views: 731   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 11, 2006 5:29pm
by Verlaine
j
Jacek
Question to Henrik (technical issue)
I don't why, but when I try to access the main AM list I always get the old one from before the last update e.g. Sufjan Stevens is still at 150. And when I try to refresh the AM home page opens instead. Any idea how to display the current list?
Views: 743   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 10, 2006 10:49pm
by Jacek
Rock 'n Roll Show: free mp3 remembers the Beatles
Here is a free, brand new song, inspired by Paul McCartney's recent performance at the Grammys: Rock 'n Roll Show words and music by Bruce L. Thiessen, aka Dr. BLT (c)2006 http://www.drblt.com/music/rocksho.mp3
Views: 913   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 10, 2006 7:28pm
by Bruce Thiessen
Village Voice Pazz and Jop Top 20 predictions
Wow, I didn't realize P&J was coming out tomorrow (Tue 1/31) already. That's earlier than usual. I thought I'd start a thread by offering my prediction for the poll's top twenty albums: 1. Kanye West, LATE REGISTRATION 2. Sufjan Stevens, ILLINOIS 3. The New...
Views: 1126   Replies: 23
Last Post: Feb 10, 2006 4:18pm
by Henrik
Rolling Stone Top 50 Albums of 2005
50. Stars - Set Yourself On Fire 49. Damien Marley - Welcome To Jamrock 48. Kaiser Chiefs - Employment 47. Wide Right - Sleeping On The Couch 46. The Willowz - Talk In Circles 45. Various Artists - The Rough Guide To The Music Of Sahara 44. Daddy Yankee - Barri...
Views: 2342   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 10, 2006 10:58am
by PS
Pazz & Jop Top Tens: 2006 update
Here is a complete rundown of annual top tens from the Village Voice Pazz & Jop poll, going back to the first one in 1971 (there was no poll in 1972 or 1973). To illustrate how well each year's picks have withstood the test of time, I've also provided each album's r...
Views: 735   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 10, 2006 3:37am
by Rocky Raccoon
h
Henrik
The last update ... and the new
There was an error in the calculation for the January update, the new albums and songs were given too low positions. This has been corrected for the new update and consequently the recordings from this millennium are now placed higher. I hope you like the new upda...
Views: 914   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 9, 2006 11:43pm
by Henrik
Prince on Saturday Night Live
Kid tore it up! I haven't heard this energetic of a Prince performance in a long time, and that is really something considering how much ass Prince kicks live. He played "Fury", a new track from his forthcoming 3121 album and his guitar just soared. Check it o...
Views: 771   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 8, 2006 12:37pm
by blackboab
Jeffrey Hayden Shurdut- Inventor of Environmental Tuning, Founder of THIS IS THE MUSIC OF LIFE.
Jeffrey Hayden Shurdut, inventor of Environmental Tuning (tuning synchronized to the sound of one’s surrounding), is the founder of THIS IS THE MUSIC OF LIFE (Reality Music): A series featuring both inter-disciplinary and multi–instrumental artists who ha...
Views: 642   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 7, 2006 5:02am
by etuning
recordcorner.com (free online music catalogue software)
Hi, Please visit the following site if you are interested in building an personal database of your music online. You can show your collection to friends and search the collections of other users. http://www.recordcorner.com Thanks, pel
Views: 742   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2006 5:56am
by Pierre-Emmanuel ...
When You're Gone pays tribute to Eminem's Whem I'm Gone (free mp3)
When You're Gone: Song Pays Tribute to Eminem's When I'm Gone After seeing Eminem's video for the song, When I'm Gone, singer/songwriter/psychologist, Dr. BLT (Dr. Bruce L. Thiessen), whose song, Black Santa recently hit #21 on the top 30 downloads at mp3000.net,...
Views: 612   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 5, 2006 6:33am
by Dr. BLT
h
Henrik
Sonic Magazine (Sweden): The 25 Best Albums of 2005
1. Antony and the Johnsons - I Am a Bird Now 2. Håkan Hellström - Ett kolikbarns bekännelser 3. M.I.A. - Arular 4. Vashti Bunyan - Lookaftering 5. Jenny Wilson - Love and Youth 6. Devendra Banhart - Cripple Crow 7. Rufus Wainwright - Want Two 8....
Views: 1772   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 4, 2006 9:01pm
by Henrik
Song Contest for Great Lakes region
Check it out at www.GreatLakesSongs.com
Views: 675   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 3, 2006 6:27pm
by The Michigan Son...
MusikCafé
MusikCafé it’s an audiobloglabel with a main goal: share new sounds and pleasant vibes. Designed for new bands, young composers and “home made music” projects, to be known and listened. Musik Café is a place to meet the world and f...
Views: 733   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 2, 2006 11:55pm
by borges, le tigre
h
Henrik
Pure Pop (Mexico): Best of 2005 Albums, Singles and Tracks
Thanks to Marques who sent these lists to me. Albums 1. Thelonius Monk Quartet with John Coltrane- At Carnegie Hall 2. Spoon- Gimme Fiction 3. Seu Jorge- Cru 4. Gorillaz- Demon Days 5. Common- Be 6. Bloc Party- Silent Alarm 7. The Decemberists- Picaresque...
Views: 2185   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 2, 2006 9:44pm
by Henrik
s
Stefu
Rockmusica.net Albums & Songs 2005 (Finnish)
Here are the staff choices for 2005 from this Finnish Internet site. Albums 1. Antony and the Johnsons - I Am a Bird Now 2. System of a Down - Mezmerize 3. The Decemberists - Picaresque 4. System of a Down - Hypnotize 5. Sigur Rós - Takk... 6. Mew ...
Views: 1921   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 2, 2006 1:36pm
by Stefu
s
STEFAN
MISSING 2005 CHARTS : HELP MOST APPRECIATED
I MISS FOLLOWING 2005 CHARTS WHO CAN HELP??? PURE POP (MEXICO) PLANET SOUND / CHANEL 4 TV IGUANA AMPLIFIER MAGAZINE NO DEPRESSION CD DROME
Views: 864   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 1, 2006 10:49pm
by STEFAN
s
STEFAN
NEW!!! THE TOP 100 ALBUMS OF 2004 (INCLUDING ADDITIONAL 2005 SCORES)
THERE HAVE BEEN ADDED TO LAST YEARS CHART : ARCADE FIRE : 1667 POINTS ELLIOTT SMITH : 1 POINT THE GO! TEAM : 300 POINTS GREEN DAY : 22 POINTS ANIMAL COLLECTIVE : 6 POINTS JOANNA NEWSOM : 32 POINTS THE FUTUREHEADS : 31 POINTS KINGS OF LEON : 145 POINTS FEIS...
Views: 1007   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 1, 2006 10:46pm
by STEFAN
s
STEFAN
NEW!!! UPDATE 1ST FEBRUARY TOP 100 ALBUMS 0F 2005 (NOW INCLUDING 188 LIST)
SINCE THE LAST UPDATE HAVE BEEN ADDED : AMERICANA.UK - AMY'S ROBOT - B-92 KULTURA - CELESTIAL BISCUIT - EYE CANADA - HARP MAGAZINE - ILM - MZK : MUZIKALIA FORUM - ROCKERILLA - ROCKDELUX - ROCKMUSICA (FINLAND) - SONIK (GREECE) - STEREO EFFECT - THE FORUM SONS -...
Views: 1092   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 1, 2006 8:31pm
by STEFAN
Acclaimed Pazz & Jop Results
The results of the first annual Acclaimed Pazz & Jop Poll 1. Sufjan Stevens - "Illinois" 170 (11) 2. Antony and the Johnsons - "I’m a Bird Now" 78 (8) 3. Sleater-Kinney - "The Wo...
Views: 1734   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jan 31, 2006 6:17am
by serge
Who wants to laugh? The NME's top 100 British albums ever
1. The Stone Roses – The Stone Roses 2. The Smiths – The Queen Is Dead 3. Oasis – Definitely Maybe 4. Sex Pistols – Never Mind The Bollocks… 5. Arctic Monkeys – Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not. 6. Blu...
Views: 1063   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 29, 2006 6:11pm
by dored
Q readers 100 greatest albums
I know this can't qualify at AM but it'll still be interesting to compare. Anyone got the full list with the new issue ? I can't believe they've done another one already : it's only 3 years since the last one. Before that the gap was more like 5... much more appropr...
Views: 1146   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 26, 2006 9:01pm
by Mitchell Stirlin...
Greatest 25 Hip Hop Artists
Here's my list of the Greatest Rap, Hip-Hop, Trip-Hop, Jazz Rap, and Alternative Hip Hop. 1. Public Enemy 2. Run-D.M.C. 3. Dr. Dre 4. A Tribe Called Quest 5. N.W.A. 6. Eric B. and Rakim 7. Eminem 8. Beastie Boys 9. KRS/Boogie Down Productions 10. 2pac 11...
Views: 762   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 26, 2006 1:35am
by Dudemon
Canada's Pazz&Jopp
Eye Weekly's 15th annual cross-Canada critics music poll. I guess it shouldn't be surprising that four of the top seven albums are Canadian. Especially considering how nationalistic this poll seems to be every year. http://www.eye.net/eye/issue/issue_01.19.06/mus...
Views: 689   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 25, 2006 3:38pm
by JR
s
Shaun
Acclaimed songs by "album artists"
A lot of my favorite musicians are generally considered album acts; in most cases, they have several albums in this list, but no songs. I thought it would be interesting to find which songs would be chosen, if any, to represent some of recorded music's most diverse...
Views: 927   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 25, 2006 9:53am
by Snusmumrik
TCHIKI BOUM (GUN CLUB, NICK CAVE, 16 HORSEPOWER, PHANTOM LIMBS)
Yo dudes ! I've been living in Paris for two years now, and there's a band I really wanted to introduce to you. The band is called TCHIKI BOUM They sound a bit like the GUN CLUB, NICK CAVE and 16 HORSEPOWER, with synth and postpunk influences. Their live shows ar...
Views: 687   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 23, 2006 12:03pm
by Moeboid
h
Henrik
Gary Pig Gold's TEN YOU MAY HAVE MISSED IN 2005
Here's a good source for those of you who are tired of seeing the same albums in most of the end of year lists. Ten You May Have Missed in 2005
Views: 678   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 22, 2006 10:56am
by Henrik
h
Henrik
Top 10 Albums of Amazon.com clicks
Here are the albums at amazon.com that have got most hits from the Acclaimed Music pages. I find it a bit odd... 1. Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisted (1079) 2. Chuck Berry - Chuck Berry Is On Top (951) 3. The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds (819) 4. Franz Ferdinand - Fra...
Views: 816   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 22, 2006 8:46am
by Henrik
NME - 75 Songs That Changed Rock & Roll
Anyone got this list ? It's with this weeks NME & includes classic songs from most of the usual suspects (Stones, Beatles etc) plus a few newies (Killers, Franz Ferdinand). The list itself has no order though each song has been put into 3 categories (so 25 in each)....
Views: 1539   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 20, 2006 11:16pm
by Tungsten
s
STEFAN
NEW!!! UPDATE JAN 18TH TOP 100 ALBUMS OF 2005 (NOW INCLUDING 173 LISTS)
SINCE THE LAST UPDATE HAVE BEEN ADDED : ACCLAIMED PAZZ & JOP - BLOW UP - CD REVIEWS - DAGENSSKIVA - DROWNED IN DOUND - HUMO - GO-MAG - HMV: POLL OF POLLS - IL MUCCHIO SELVAGGIO - LAUT.DE : READERS - MONDOSONORO - NATT OG DAG - OTHER MUSIC - PANORAMA AVETS -...
Views: 1487   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 20, 2006 7:18pm
by Peter
h
Henrik
Sonic Magazine (Sweden): The 50 Best Songs of the 00s (2005)
I don't agree about everything, but it's a good list and their number one choice is excellent. Download it if you haven't heard it already! 1. The Knife – Heartbeats 2. Outkast – Hey Ya 3. Aaliyah – Try Again 4. Broder Daniel – Shoreline...
Views: 4239   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 20, 2006 6:04pm
by Clayton Dollar
s
Sketch
2005 Singles list?
Just wondering if there's an esitmated release date for this. Thanks!
Views: 707   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 19, 2006 7:44pm
by Henrik
new Music site http://www.headjammin.com
This is a new music site with reviews. In february we will be giving away 1 cd a week.
Views: 686   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 19, 2006 12:12am
by kayette1
m
Markus
AM versus RYM
If Acclaimed Music represents the consensus view of the professional music critics and RYM represents the current consensus view of the "educated music fans", it should be interesting to compare the two. In fact, the lists are surprisingly similar but of course there...
Views: 818   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 16, 2006 10:37pm
by Moonbeam
Can Anyone who lives or has lived in mexico help?
Im a student in london Uk and Im conducting a music market survey on mexico as part of my degree. I have a few (5) simple questions to ask that will only take up a small part of a presentation i'm doing but i need it to come from a source that is currently living or...
Views: 744   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 16, 2006 1:08pm
by wildxman1
Rockerilla (Italy) 2005 best albums
1 - Sigur Ros - Takk... 2 - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah 3 - Bloc Party - Silent Alarm 4 - Maximo Park - A Certain Trigger 5 - Perturbazione - Canzoni allo specchio 6 - Port-Royal - Flares 7 - Depeche Mode - Playing The Angel 8 - Cocteau...
Views: 1696   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2006 7:38am
by Giuseppe
ROLLING STONE 500 Greatest Albums - new book, new rankings
Two years after ROLLING STONE published its poll of the 500 greatest albums of all time, a coffee-table book version of the list has been published -- with a slightly different version of the list. Basically, they've gone through the original list and deleted a fe...
Views: 1341   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 12, 2006 11:18pm
by Harold Wexler
Greatest Artists of The 90s
Here's My list for the Greatest 25 Artists of The 90s 1. Nirvana 2. U2 3. Dr. Dre 4. Radiohead 5. R.E.M. 6. Tribe Called Quest 7. 2pac 8. Beastie Boys 9. Pavement 10. Pixies 11. The Notorious B.I.G. 12. Public Enemy 13. Beck 14. Eminem 15. Sonic Yout...
Views: 844   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 12, 2006 8:31pm
by Dumbangel
Popnews top albums of 2005
The french indie webzine has revealed his top 30 albums of 2005. The top 10 : 1. SUFJAN STEVENS 2. ANTONY AND THE JOHNSONS 3. THE NATIONAL 4. ARCADE FIRE 5. ANDREW BIRD 6. HERMAN DUNE 7. VASHTI BUNYAN 8. CAMILLE 9. ANIMAL COLLECTIVE 10.THE SUGARPLASTIC...
Views: 599   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2006 8:16pm
by Dumbangel
h
Henrik
The albums you are always looking for in critics lists
...and you go dancing on the table when you find them! This could be your personal alltime favorites, but not necessarily. I tend to always look first for anything by Depeche Mode and The Cure. They are my old favorites and I think they deserve more love. Why "Som...
Views: 793   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 12, 2006 7:53am
by Snusmumrik
d
D.
Hip Hop masterpieces
I submit the following list of what I deem as Hip-Hop masterpieces, or albums perfect, or at least almost perfect, in construction, form, and execution: In no particular order 1. Illmatic-Nas 2. The Blueprint-Jay-z 3. Straight Outta Compton-NWA 4. Paid in Ful...
Views: 685   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 12, 2006 4:42am
by Rocky Raccoon
Top Ten Rock N' Roll (or related) Songwriters
1. Bob Dylan 2. John Lennon 3. Neil Young 4. Joni Mitchell 5. Sam Cooke 6. Van Morrison 7. Bob Marley 8. Marvin Gaye 9. Jim Morrison 10. Nick Drake
Views: 552   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2006 10:54pm
by Dudemon
M.I.A. and terrorism
Anyone else find M.I.A.s album Arular rather offensive. She's openly supporting the LTTE/Tamil Tigers, who are a terrorist organisation in Sri Lanka. They have been responsible for suicide bombings. If you look at her lyrics she refers to LTTE snipers: "Growin up,...
Views: 814   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 11, 2006 10:28pm
by Dudemon
Acclaimed Pazz & Jop
1. The Woods - Sleater-Kinney (14 points) 2. Picaresque - The Decemberists (12) 3. Get Behind Me Satan - The White Stripes (11) 4. I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning - Bright Eyes (11) 5. Devils and Dust - Bruce Springsteen (10) 6. I'm a Bird Now - Antony a...
Views: 1985   Replies: 36
Last Post: Jan 11, 2006 5:39pm
by sonofsamiam
Sentire Ascoltare (Italy) - 2005 best albums
This list is from italian online music magazine "Sentire Ascoltare" Best albums (no order) Baustelle - La Malavita Fiery Furnaces – EP Offlaga Disco Pax – Socialismo Tascabile Matt Elliott – Drinking Songs Mi and L'Au - Mi and L'Au Wo...
Views: 1568   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 11, 2006 9:08am
by Giuseppe
t
tim
Top 5 Liz Phair Albums/Songs
Albums 1)Whitechocolatespaceegg 2)s/t(No it doesn't sound like freakin Avril Lavigne people so don't go there. Sheryl Crow maybe but they always borrow from each other since they look alike) 3.Whipsmart 4.Somebody's Miracle 5.Exile in Guyville(BOO!!!!!!! BOO!!!...
Views: 616   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2006 2:27am
by tim
d
dored
Gram Parsons
Yesterday i listen to The Flying Burrito Brothers "The Gilded Palace of Sin" and i liked, is great just like almost any "byrds" albums, "G.P." and "Grievous Angel" and until now i find out he was dead since 1973, it was shoking because i always listen about Hendrix,...
Views: 709   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 10, 2006 2:44am
by Michael
hey
I was looking up some albums on amazon.com when I saw that Nas' Illmatic had a five star rating, out of 490 reviews (!). Similarly, I looked up Miles Davis, which expectedly, had also garnered five stars, despite being reviewed almost 600 times. My question is does a...
Views: 732   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 10, 2006 1:36am
by Michael
j
Jacek
Porcys best albums and singles of 2005
Albums http://www.porcys.com/Others.aspx?id=76 1. Junior Senior - Hey Hey My My Yo Yo 2. Mount Eerie - No Flashlight 3. Gang Gang Dance - God's Money 4. Ariel Pink's Haunted Grafitti - Worn Copy 5. Roisin Murphy - Ruby Blue 6. Sciflyer - The Age of Lovely, I...
Views: 2399   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 9, 2006 9:10am
by Jacek
Metacritic 2005
I don't know, maybe it's just me. But ever since the number has changed from 2000 to 2500, artists' rankings have either skyrocketed or plummeted. Either way, there are so many ridiculously low rankings for the 2005 list. It seems everyone is dipping below 2000....
Views: 731   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 8, 2006 8:13pm
by Henrik
CokeMachineGlow's Top 50 Albums of 2005
http://www.cokemachineglow.com/feature/article/2005/top50.html 50. Emperor X- Central Hug/Friendarmy/Fractaldune 49. Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings- Naturally 48. The Constantines- Tournament of Hearts 47. Silver Jews- The Tanglewood Numbers 46. We Are Wolv...
Views: 1507   Replies: 44
Last Post: Jan 8, 2006 7:22pm
by Michael
Rockzone Best Albums of 2005
The best albums of 2005 according to Rock Zone staff were published in issue #11: 1. THE MARS VOLTA “Frances the Mute” 2. SYSTEM OF A DOWN “Mezmerize” / “Hypnotize” 3. COHEED AND CAMBRIA “Good Apollo, I’m Burning Sta...
Views: 2291   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 8, 2006 11:26am
by Honorio
k
kpar
reckoning
I can't understand why REM's Reckoning keeps sliding down the list. To me it's REM's second best album after Murmur. Should be top 250 easy in my opinion! Glad to see Funeral jump up though.
Views: 592   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 8, 2006 4:21am
by Netjade
Music Genres
Just so I can get some feedback, here are my favorite music genres from least greatest to greatest to least greatest. Feel free to criticize or judge, I really don't care, I'm just curious of what will happen. 10. Rockibilly 9. Reggae 8. Hip-Hop 7. Alternative...
Views: 659   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 7, 2006 11:12pm
by Dudemon
m
Maddy
Check this singer/songwriter
http://www.jurgenvangorkum.nl
Views: 666   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 7, 2006 6:17pm
by Maddy
Blow Up (Italy) 2005 best albums
Here's the EOY list by the Italian magazine Blow Up 1 SUFJAN STEVENS - Come On Feel The Illinoise! 2 RICHARD YOUNGS - The Naive Shaman 3 DALEK - Absence 4 LCD SOUNDSYSTEM - LCD Soundsystem 5 THE BOOKS - Lost and Safe 6 ORTHRELM - OV 7 KILL THE VULTURES - Kil...
Views: 1683   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 7, 2006 4:26pm
by Giuseppe
t
Tim
YOUR top 25 singles of 2005
I was a terrible even singles wise it wasn't that great. Pop wise Gwen, Kelly Clarkson and the Blackeyed Peas were good at what they did but it could have been a lot better. Let's make sure that 2005 NEVER happens again and 2006 is better. It's HAS to be. Nothing...
Views: 952   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 7, 2006 12:25pm
by Mitchell Stirlin...
t
tim
Is this what At the Drive-In had planned?
the Mar Volta/Sparta boys must be suicidal after seeing what there precious emo baby has turned into. I'd be like if the Pixies influenced Ashlee Simpson.
Views: 631   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 7, 2006 2:40am
by tim
j
Jacek
Screenagers best albums of 2005
http://www.screenagers.pl/index.php?service=xtras&action=plebiscyt2005&part=0 1. Sufjan Stevens - Illinois 2. Bloc Party - Silent Alarm 3. Broken Social Scene - Broken Social Scene 4. The New Pornographers - Twin Cinema 5. Sleater-Kinney - The Woods 6. Doves...
Views: 671   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 7, 2006 12:42am
by Michael
t
tim
Tori Amos
Why isn't Tori as acclaimed as Bjork or PJ Harvey? She plays piano better than anyone and writes much better songs than Bjork. So what make Madulla better than Boys for Pele which I regard as the most underrated album of the 90s. It may not be a solid classic from...
Views: 732   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 7, 2006 12:02am
by tim
Go-Mag's Top Albums of 2005 (Spain)
These are Go-Mag's Top albums of 2005. 1. The Arcade Fire - Funeral 2. Antony and the Johnsons - I Am a Bird Now 3. M.I.A. - Arular 4. LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem 5. Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise 6. Kanye West - Late Registration 7. Franz Ferdinand - You...
Views: 2079   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 6, 2006 6:58pm
by DJ Digo
Mondosonoro's Top Albums of 2005 (Spain)
These are Mondosonoro's (a Spanish music magazine distributed for free) Top albums of 2005: 1. The Arcade Fire - Funeral 2. Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have It so Much Better 3. LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem 4. Antony and the Johnsons - I Am A Bird Now 5....
Views: 1745   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 6, 2006 6:42pm
by DJ Digo
s
STEFAN
NEW!!! UPDATE JAN 4TH : BEST ALBUMS OF 2005 (NOW INCLUDING 150 LISTS)
SINCE THE LAST UPDATE HAVE BEEN ADDED : AEKITUESDAY - AFTONBLADET - AZ CENTRAL - BALTIMORE CITY PAPER - BETAMUSIC - BIG YAWN - BLADID - BLAWGADECON - CHART ATTACK - CULTUREBULLY - DJ MAGAZINE - DONUTMUSIC - EYE - GLAZBA - HMV - INDEPENDENT CRITICS - INDIE F...
Views: 1091   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 4, 2006 5:43pm
by STEFAN
Chart Attack Top Albums of 2005
www.chartattack.com, a Canadian music rag, polled all their staff and writers to compile this list. Hopefully, it's eligible for inclusion on Henrik's list... 15. Gorillaz - Demon Days 14. Death Cab For Cutie - Plans 13. M.I.A. - Arular 12. Spoon - Gimme Fictio...
Views: 759   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 4, 2006 4:04am
by Geir Hongro
metacritic
Henrik, I'm interested in what you think of metacritic stealing your fire. When they arrived (after you did, right?) I thought it was a similar premise, but obvious there's a difference between albums that are well-reviewed upon release and albums that endure. But th...
Views: 731   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 4, 2006 3:58am
by Geir Hongro
Washington post Gems of 2005
Washington Post Friday, December 30, 2005; Page WE25 Gems of 2005 Friday, December 30, 2005; WE25 "The Golden Years" are always some other time, aren't they? They're an idealized part of the past or a dreamed-of piece of the future when everything is just a...
Views: 840   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 4, 2006 1:59am
by Michael
Doves
Why is Doves so incredibly overlooked? For me, Some Cities is the most remarkable, rich, and beautifully constructed album of 2005. It was released to massive acclaim upon hitting shelves back in February. Critics were already hailing it as album of the year and n...
Views: 738   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 3, 2006 10:53pm
by Tim
a
Alan
Planet Sound Top 50 Albums And Singles
Planet Sound is a music service on C4's Teletext Pages p.351 (just in case you don't know) and has slowly been revealing its list over the past 3 weeks. Here are the results... SINGLES 50. The Avenue - Roll Deep 49. Tuned To A Different Station - Dogs 48. Do...
Views: 2818   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 3, 2006 1:07pm
by Charlie
The Times (UK) EOY lists
Just thought i should start a single thread on this seeing that last years list isn't yet included & they've also just published their best albums of 2005. So here's their critics best albums of 2004 again as featured in their weekly media supplement 'The Eye' :...
Views: 908   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 3, 2006 1:02pm
by Charlie
b
blair
HELP! i need the name of a possible early 90's song
so all i can remember of the song is the chorus, "too far away for me to go, too far away". it's an alternative song from the 90s - probably around the early 90s when collective soul, gin blossoms, duncan sheik, etc was big. can anyone remember it?
Views: 581   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 1, 2006 1:48pm
by Bronky
s
Stefu
Helsingin Sanomat (Finnish) best of 2005
The best popular music and classical music albums, chosen by the reporters in the culture section of Finland's biggest newspaper.
Views: 649   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 1, 2006 1:45pm
by Stefu
Canary Islands' Rock Charts: TOP2005
TOP 200 SINGLES: 1 Doesn't Remind Me Audioslave 2 Remedy Seether 3 Feel Good Inc. Gorillaz 4 Boulevard of Broken Dreams Green Day 5 Speed Of Sound Coldplay 6 B.Y.O.B. System Of A Down 7 Do You Want To Franz Ferdinand 8 The Hand That Feeds Nine...
Views: 765   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 1, 2006 10:06am
by condemoor
s
STEFAN
'SPEX' (GERMANY) YEAR-END CHARTS 2005
THE CTRITIC'S TOP 50 (IN BRACKETS POSITION IN READER'S TOP 50) 1 ( 2) THE ARCADE FIRE 'FUNERAL' 2 ( 1) MAXIMO PARK 'A CERTAIN TRIGGER' 3 ( 7) ART BRUT 'BANG BANG ROCK & ROLL' 4 ( 3) BLOC PARTY 'SILENT ALARM' 5 (31) RUFUS WAINWRIGHT 'WANT TWO' 6 (16)...
Views: 2244   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 1, 2006 6:01am
by JR
Sgt. Pepper's position in the list
I am of the opinion that this album is placed well above where it should be. I've just conducted a poll on another messageboard of all the Beatles albums, and 317 people have voted so far. Abbey Road is leading with 18.61% Revolver 17.67% Rubber Soul 13.56% "Wh...
Views: 862   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 31, 2005 9:01pm
by L. Bangs
h
Henrik
Updated lists of 2004 and 2005 top albums
Hi all! I hope you have seen the links to these lists on the homepage. Any comments? Here are the lists I have used: Amazon.com (USA) Intro (Germany) Nöjesguiden (Sweden) Rough Trade (UK) Uncut (UK) Expressen (Sweden) Heaven (The Netherlands) Les...
Views: 2445   Replies: 20
Last Post: Dec 30, 2005 11:07pm
by Henrik
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76