Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
j
JR
San Antonio News-Express: Rock 'N' Roll Timeline
Similar to past things I've posted, in terms of important/defining tracks (I've edited out the commentary for the tracks, as well as the No. 1 song of the year, as that's obviously based on the Billboard charts) ------------------------------------------ San Antoni...
Views: 910   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2005 10:05pm
by JR
d
dored
pointless thread
Im making a new band and i been thinking a lot about the name, someone tell me why not "Britpop", anybody here am thinks that is stupid for a Mexican band?, well that is kind of what we play and sound cool like a band name. OK anyway, if someone here have Emule an...
Views: 872   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 12, 2005 8:47pm
by Honorio
Queen too low
Hi I'm an avid fan of the excellent Queen, love singing their songs on karaoke, and in fact rate them as my favourite artist of all time. My challenge is this - justify their low ranking if you can. Bohemian Rhapsody rated at 62? Now I don't think that's thei...
Views: 902   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 12, 2005 8:17am
by Dumbangel
Mercury Music Prize Nominees
Antony and the Johnsons - I Am A Bird Now Bloc Party - Silent Alarm Coldplay - X&Y The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightning, Strike Hard-Fi - Stars of CCTV KT Tunstall - Eye to the Telescope Kaiser Chiefs - Employment The Magic Numbers - The Magic Numbers Maximo P...
Views: 1615   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 8, 2005 8:53pm
by Dumbangel
What is the name and artist of this song?
I went to Cabo San Lucas last November (2004) with my family and listened to the main radio station there while in the car. There was one song that was played often. I just remember that it had a lot of men singing "Mexico, Mexico!" over and over. It grew on us b...
Views: 801   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 5, 2005 9:10pm
by Cabostalgic
j
Jeff
New WOXY.com list.
Basically a modified version of the 'Top 500 Modern Rock Songs Ever' list from last year, somethings have changed obviously, and some recent bands pop up from time to time (Franz Ferdinand, Bloc Party and the Arcade Fire all now have entries). The list is too big to...
Views: 888   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 4, 2005 8:30pm
by Henrik
j
Jacek
Stereophile 40 essential albums
The list was published in november 2002. It is split into three sections covering classical music, jazz and rock/pop. Around 100 more albums are given an honorary mention. Although it's not clearly stated, once you start reading album write-ups it's obvious there was...
Views: 1069   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 4, 2005 3:13am
by JR
t
tim
United States of America
What the hell kind of genre in United States of America and why are Korn and Modest both in it?
Views: 928   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 1, 2005 12:26pm
by MARTIN
j
JR
Q's Latest Issue: Ultimate Music Collection
I haven't seen the edition as of yet, but it's the "Essnetial Music Guide," touting "Every Album and Track You'll Ever Need." Is this something that could be AM material? The cover can be seen here: http://www.q4music.com/nav?page=q4music.about.currentissue I hear...
Views: 1491   Replies: 16
Last Post: Aug 27, 2005 1:53pm
by Snusmumrik
Rockdelux best albums and songs of 1987 and 1988
Hi again, Henrik. Well, fortunately the purchase of the Rockdelux lists is coming to an end. Staples has kindly send to me the complete Rockdelux lists (except the best albums of 1986 published in Rockdelux 26, that is almost impossible to find). Thank you so much, S...
Views: 3004   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 26, 2005 1:10pm
by JR
Pazz N' Jop: The forgotten albums
With the August 20 site update most likely being the last one before The Big Expansion, it seems like a good time to take stock of the current Top 2000 and contemplate the way that some albums once considered among the very best of their year of release have failed t...
Views: 926   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 26, 2005 1:41am
by Moonbeam
j
Jason
The Best Pop Song Ever...and why
This is my first post on Acclaimed Music, I've long been an admirer of this sites "concept" and thought it was finally time for me to start a thread. I wanted my first post to be bold and I guess you can't get more bold than this subject. Of course this sort of t...
Views: 991   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 23, 2005 11:37am
by Fred
h
Henrik
Coming updates
My plans for the rest of the year is this: A small update probably in early September, mainly updating the 2005 albums list. However, a new little feature will also be introduced. The jazz/world update will likely take place in November, before the end-of-year...
Views: 1027   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 22, 2005 3:28pm
by Henrik
bands that should be in the top 2000 albums
But arent. I nominate Catherine Wheel.
Views: 881   Replies: 14
Last Post: Aug 21, 2005 3:06am
by dored
h
Henrik
Music from Israel/Lebanon
Snusmumrik, The Israeli albums you listed among your favorite 100 albums, are they rock albums or do they sound similar to the music you can hear at a Lebanese restaurant (I've never been to an Israeli restaurant)? I'm actually hoping for the latter, as I love the...
Views: 953   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 19, 2005 5:01pm
by Henrik
v
vignir
A question regarding Neil Young's artist rank
I see that Nico, god bless her soul, has the "The Velvet Underground & Nico" and two songs from the album counted towards her artist rank. I'm not going to argue against that, but since the album, "femme fatale", and "All Tomorrow's Parties" get counted twice, should...
Views: 861   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 19, 2005 9:23am
by Henrik
j
Jacek
Acclaimed albums with coolest album covers?
Here are some of my types: Bjork "Post" David Bowie "Low" Deep Purple "Deep Purple in Rock" Def Leppard "Pyromania" King Crimson "In the Court of the Crimson King" Talk Talk "Laughing Stock"
Views: 856   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 17, 2005 9:34pm
by Dumbangel
t
Tim
British R&B
It was huge in the late 80s and early 90s but I can't think of that many bands. Can someone help me out?
Views: 632   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 15, 2005 1:27pm
by cam
j
JR
Upcoming Billboard Book: "Songs and Artists 2006"
This is expected to be published in late July (by Joel Whitburn/Record Research). It's subtitled, "The Essential Music Guide for Your iPod and Other Portable Music Players." Being a Billboard book, it's going to be filled with hits- but in a sample page, it lists...
Views: 1095   Replies: 15
Last Post: Aug 14, 2005 2:02am
by JR
m
Markus
Where is the Aeroplane?
This list really demonstrates how much most professional critics failed to appreciate/notice Neutral Milk Hotel's "In the aeroplane over the sea" back in the day. Instead it has with time emerged as an all-time classic among people who care about music. For instance,...
Views: 1052   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 12, 2005 7:30pm
by subrock
c
cLr-
Missy Elliot is HORRIBLE
Seriously, someone will have to explain me why she is ranked so high...
Views: 1025   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 12, 2005 7:27pm
by subrock
j
Jacek
Acclaimed Music Forum top albums 101-200
The lowest ranked album received only 139 points, while the highest ranked 254. This makes this list a little accidental, as in some cases two votes were enough to make it. There were many ties. Whenever that happened I gave the nod to the album with more votes. If t...
Views: 4602   Replies: 20
Last Post: Aug 8, 2005 1:51pm
by Jason
s
Scott
EW list
hey guys. i lurk here but haven't posted. anyway, this list is probably too specific for the site, but i thought it would be interesting to post/discuss. in their latest issue ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY listed what they (the 5 writers who did this) consider the best album...
Views: 883   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 8, 2005 1:48pm
by Jason
Anyone remember?
in teh 90s a R&B group that was rising and becoming a big name (and also know as the bad boys)....Jodeci?? My music genre favs have changed with time, but i always have a weakness for the old favs..like New Kids on the Block and Jodeci. No matter how old they are...
Views: 866   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 2, 2005 8:03pm
by Sharone
j
Jacek
Poll closed!
See the main poll thread for details.
Views: 718   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 1, 2005 2:42pm
by sonofsamiam
j
Jacek
Poll for Acclaimed Music forum top 100 albums
I thought that since Acclaimed Music is a site based around music lists it would be appropriate if we made one ourselves. I did a little survey whether this is a good idea (see my "Let's make a list" thread below) and although I didn't get many responses, the ones I...
Views: 1997   Replies: 46
Last Post: Aug 1, 2005 2:30am
by dored
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76