Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

Parts for sale / wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Triumph speedo drive wanted !

Hey hi all, wondered if anyone has any idea where I can by any slim chance find a speedo drive for my triumph 3hw wheel mounted on right side of bike?
Many thanks and keep safe all
Simon in reigate

email (option): Simonsuzanne@hotmail.co.uk

Re: Triumph speedo drive wanted !

Does it turn clock wise or anti clock wise ?

They all must turn clockwise as you look at the cable slot. The Triumph speedo drive is on the right therefore if you hold the drive in the correct orientation, turn the driven shaft towards you (clockwise) to give the correct clockwise output. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

There is usually a few of them on ebay, but the sellers usually don't say whether they fit left or right side, so best to message them to find out, the 3HW fits on the right hand side/offside, the pinnion/shaft will then turn anti clock wise when the bike is going forwards, and output drive to the speedo clock wise.

The small pinnion you you need is a 18 or 19 tooth for 19 inch dia wheel, these are very hard to find now usually find them at jumbles.

Peter Long at Cornucopia has Triumph speedo drive gears the large one and small ones for 19"-20" Wheels. Ron

Ron,
I have a speedo drive here. If I hold it in the "M20 position" it turns anti clockwise.
Where could it be from, any idea ?
Maybe Matchless or Norton rigid frame rear wheel..?

Michel if you mean the M20 type hub driven speedo drive. Yes nearly every one you pick up at a jumble is like that, as you say it fits on the rear wheel on the right. Ron

Thanks Ron.
Good to know.

Nieuwe pagina 1