Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

Parts for sale / wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WM20 primary cases wanted

Hi all,

I'm after a decent pair of primary chain cases for my WM21.

My regards,

Craig

email (option): cmmacd@ hotmail.co.uk

Re: WM20 primary cases wanted

I have a good outer and maybe an inner but I'll have to look through the ones I have...However, I'm fully occupied until the 11th.March so contact me off forum then if you still have a requirement...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian, I've left a question for you on the forum page. Mick, (formerly Bere Alston).

Thanks Ian; that's helpful to know. I'll have a root around at the Shepton jumble on 9th, then doubtless be in touch. Craig

There is such an array of similar looking BSA primary cases, it's very easy to buy the wrong ones unless the seller knows exactly what he has:thinking_face: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

The main chainguard body is the same - but differs in the angle / positioning of the short bracket affixed to the rear - it means the upper chainguard cannot be mounted correctly

it could be detached & reaffixed to suit if you were handy at tinware repairs in the event of difficulty finding a correct type
Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Apart from the brackets John, I've seen types with different size clutch bowls and different sizes for the inspection hole and different foot rest hole positions. Pretty well every model/year had different cases :scream: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

The small pile of unsuitable inner and outer cases in my cellar is testament to my learning... Thanks to this forum I now know the correct part numbers. However, I don't have the skills for thin tinware fixes, so am hoping someone has a good pair.

Pair of cases now found. First stall at Shepton -I swear they called out to me to rescue them 😀 Thanks again for the offer, Ian.

Nieuwe pagina 1