Return to Website

The Magic of Yellowstone

A discussion forum on anything Yellowstone.

The Magic of Yellowstone
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Yellowstone news nowhere else--family apparently rescued on the Firehole; man dies at Tower Fall
Yellowstone Newspaper is, as most readers know, really not so much a "newspaper" as it is a news compilation service that I started 10 years ago in order to keep me better informed on Yellowstone (and by extension, everyone else). However, I have always hoped that p...
Views: 2680   Replies: 18
Last Post: Apr 16, 2024 7:15pm
by Liwovosa
https://seacoastpw.com/window-cleaning-jacksonville/
For top-rated window cleaning in Jacksonville, FL, look no further than Sea Coast Pressure Washing. Our professional team is dedicated to delivering exceptional window cleaning services that leave your windows sparkling and streak-free. We use advanced techniques an...
Views: 11   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 25, 2024 10:47pm
by JASON
https://rapidwaterrestorations.com/fire-damage/
Thank you for your thoughtful response! While I haven't personally used Cedille.ai, I appreciate your description of its capabilities and potential impact. It's exciting to hear about innovative technologies like Cedille.ai that have the potential to assist writers...
Last Post: Mar 25, 2024 10:03pm
by MARK
minor typo in your references
Hi, Jim, I was enjoying reading your info about the name Yellowstone, and I noticed an error in a reference on this page http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/publications/2009/nvews.php The Haynes reference should read Niwot, Colorado (not Niwut). Thanks for the good info on...
Views: 384   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 18, 2024 10:02pm
by Fück You
https://www.wpgio.com/cutie-garden-review/
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed reading the blog posts! If you're looking for more valuable information, feel free to explore further. Whether you're interested in specific topics or seeking general knowledge, there's a wide range of content available to explore. A...
Last Post: Mar 4, 2024 12:09pm
by ARCM
https://www.wpgio.com/cutie-garden-review/
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed reading the blog posts! If you're looking for more valuable information, feel free to explore further. Whether you're interested in specific topics or seeking general knowledge, there's a wide range of content available to explore....
Views: 14   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 4, 2024 12:08pm
by ARCM
Memorial Web site for Audrey Staley, who worked in Yellowstone for over 15 years
Audrey Staley worked for over 15 years in Yellowstone National Park at Fishing Bridge, the Lake Hotel, and the Lake Lodge. Her daughter, Diane Aerts, has created a memorial Web site at http://memorialwebsites.legacy.com/Audreystaley/Homepage.aspx in Audrey's honor....
Views: 1109   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 20, 2022 7:34am
by Roman Jay Almaza
Weather helps Grand Teton prescribed burns
Weather helps Grand Teton prescribed burns MOOSE, Wyo. (AP) - Favorable weather helped fire crews carry out two prescribed burns in Grand Teton National Park. The goal of the burns was to reduce fuel for wildfires and to improve wildlife habitat, according to pa...
Views: 1249   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 14, 2022 6:51pm
by Noah Rodriguez
d
Dave
savstroms
Anyone have any way of contacting Jim and Sandy Savstrom? They were mentioned in Jim Macdonald's Adventures in wonderland Chapter 6. Thanks. Dave
Views: 373   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 17, 2011 6:55pm
by Dave
Future management plan for Yellowstone grizzlies being reviewed by state an
FUTURE MANAGEMENT PLAN FOR YELLOWSTONE GRIZZLIES BEING REVIEWED BY STATE AND FEDERAL LAND AND WILDLIFE MANAGERS As part of the ongoing recovery process for grizzly bears in the greater Yellowstone area, a management plan, called a conservation strategy, is being r...
Views: 1296   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 28, 2009 8:13pm
by bob
Report of car accident involving bison near Fishing Bridge
Thanks to your emails, we can sometimes report news that doesn't appear in Park press releases or in the mainstream press. I received an email from Julie Stanton reporting an accident, where people were apparently hurt, and a bison died as a result up near Fishing...
Views: 1256   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 8, 2009 11:10am
by Jim Macdonald
U.S. Department of Agriculture Shoots Wild Bull Bison in Idaho
* PRESS RELEASE * U.S. Department of Agriculture Shoots Wild Bull Bison in Idaho Exclusive Video Footage Available FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -August 5, 2009 Press Contact: Darell Geist, BFC: 406-531-9284, 406-646-0070; bfc-media@wildrockies.org ISLAND PARK,...
Views: 943   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 6, 2009 12:07am
by Buffalo Field Ca...
Girl falls down cliff at firehole falls
I was going up firehole river canyon on 7-28-09 and was passsed by emergency vechicles, and when we got to firehole falls we all saw a frantic woman who said her daughter had fell over the edge of the cliff. I have looked for news of this to see if the girl was okay...
Views: 723   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 6, 2009 12:05am
by Jim Macdonald
MDA fundraiser: Fill-the-Boot, on Saturday, the 25th of July
Montana Chapter of the Muscular Dystrophy Association, Bernie Hagen Steffan (406) 655-9000 EVENT HAPPENING IN WEST YELLOWSTONE The West Yellowstone Fire Department is holding it's annual MDA fundraiser: Fill-the-Boot, on Saturday, the 25th of July. The West Yel...
Views: 901   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 2:49am
by Montana Chapter ...
8th annual Arts and Crafts Fair is July 10 through 12
The Island Park Library Friends, Inc. (IPLF) 8th annual Arts and Crafts Fair is July 10 through 12, 2009, at the Buffalo Run RV Park, 3402 N. Hwy 20 in Island Park. Fair hours are Friday 12-5 pm, Saturday 10 am-6 pm and Sunday 10 am-4 pm. Handcrafted items for sa...
Views: 1049   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 3:17am
by The Island Park ...
c
clara
Yellowstone road trip through the eyes of a fifth grader and her sponge cow Moo Moo
check out my Yellowstone roadtrip blog as Moo Moo the cow encounters grizzly bears, boiling hot geysers and -- eek, scariest yet -- a hamburger! http://www.ocregister.com/articles/travel-blog-kids-2194670-cow-yellowstone
Views: 824   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 17, 2008 12:09am
by clara
Supervolcanoes: Reflections prior to my trip to Yellowstone
My home and destiny are in Yellowstone country, and my time in the District of Columbia is merely an interlude on my travels to the land with much to teach me. Yellowstone National Park lies on one of the world’s largest volcanoes. It is so large that it h...
Views: 1072   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 5, 2008 12:03pm
by Nate
n
Nate
BIG movie to be filmed in Yellowstone this fall
not sure how many of you know about this, but there is a HUGE movie in production by Columbia Pictures produced by Roland Emmerich entitiled "2012" aka "Farewell Atlantis". The movie apparently is about the 2012 Mayan Calender Doomsday prophecy, and as you'd guess,...
Views: 1048   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2008 12:51am
by Nate
Re: Xanterra at Grand Canyon
Thanks for the link. That's very interesting. I think some people here should note that Xanterra is in fact the very same company as Amfac. They are not different companies. They simply changed their name this year, which is odd. Perhaps, their image has sunk so...
Views: 871   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 22, 2008 1:54pm
by AMFAR
s
skyblu
Bison
Correct you are, populations not sub species.
Views: 1100   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 20, 2007 1:27pm
by Jim Macdonald
Rob Milliner
Hi Jim.....I'm looking for Rob Milliner from ONU. Do you still keep in contact with him. We would really like to get in touch with him so any help you could give would be wonderful. Thanks Amie
Views: 1728   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 6, 2007 11:06am
by Jim Macdonald
Still kicking
You can see a lot of new improvements to the site. I would like to improve the discussion forum, still thinking about it Anyhow, I do check this, so if you want to post here, do so. Jim
Views: 1004   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 4, 2007 1:25pm
by Jim Macdonald
I'm going to Yellowstone: Listen
Tomorrow at this time, I'll be on a plane heading toward Big Sky, or possibly in an airport in Minneapolis waiting for that plane, as part of my work trip. I can hardly contain my excitement. On the other hand, I am angry that there is a Big Sky for me to go t...
Views: 1146   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 13, 2006 8:50am
by Jim Macdonald
Xanterra campgrounds compared to the others
What a great web site! I'd really appreciate any ideas on the best campground in Yellowstone. We will be arriving through the North entrance, probably June 12, staying three nights. I can understand why the government-run parks don't take advance reservations,...
Views: 1728   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 4, 2006 9:26pm
by Michael Wade
trip plan
My family and I are planning to visit Yellowstone for a week in early June. We are also interested in seeing the Tetons. Does anybody have advise on park route planning (from Denver) so can can enjoy most of what the park has to offer without spending enourmous amo...
Views: 1221   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 23, 2006 9:57am
by Jim Macdonald
(just sent to my friends in the DC Anti-War Network) 903 is the number of Yellowstone bison slaughtered this winter. The last time I brought this to your attention just recently the number was just over 600 bison. Nearly 1 in 5 of all Yellowstone buffalo hav...
Views: 1189   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2006 9:49am
by Jim Macdonald
Updates to the site at http://www.yellowstone-online.com/ytwelve.html
I've been making periodic maintenance updates to the site. See the progress at http://www.yellowstoen-online.com/ytwelve.html Jim
Views: 2002   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 12, 2006 9:17pm
by Jim Macdonald
Yellowstone website backup
It's 2006, and after a 3 year hiatus, the website is back up. For info on what's been done and why it's been down so long, see http://www.yellowstone-online.com/sitehistory.html and http://www.yellowstone-online.com/ytwelve.html Things could still be spotty, but...
Views: 1204   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2006 11:12pm
by Jim Macdonald
r
Rob
Looking for People Going to Yellowstone the Week of 8/30
I'm taking a trip to Yellowstone 8/28-9/6 and would like to hook up with a group of people while I'm there. I'm looking for people in their 20s and 30s who like to hike, explore, camp, and simply enjoy nature. Last year I did a solo trip to Acadia in Maine that was...
Views: 1234   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 10, 2003 5:34pm
by Rob
Yellowstone Newspaper news
I will be posting articles on the Yellowstone region on the discussion forum, especially AP stories reported in the Casper Star-Tribune. This paper has a lot of useful stories, especially from the Grand Teton region, but they roll their stories off every few days....
Views: 553   Replies: 28
Last Post: Mar 4, 2003 2:01pm
by Buffalo Field Ca...
Update from the field 2/6/03
Buffalo Field Campaign News from the Field February 6, 2003 In this issue: * Update from the Field * Ask Yellowstone National Park to Protect Wild Bison * Make your conservation dollars double! * Propane Heaters Needed * Last Words -------...
Views: 1275   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 6, 2003 2:14pm
by Buffalo Field Ca...
m
Mike
My new site
Visited Yellowstone for the first time in September. Fantastic. Also need to learn Dreamweaver so have started my first website. Have a look and let me know that you think. Will have menus, more photos etc when I've read a few more pages of the book !
Views: 1197   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 29, 2002 6:56am
by Jim Macdonald
d
daniel
help me
HELLO I'M A STUDENT FROM ROMANIA AND I WHANT TO SEE YOUR COUNTRY BUT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY I NEED A JOB THERE CAN YOU HELP ME? PLEASE ! THANK TOU FOR YOUR TIME
Views: 1191   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 18, 2002 5:16pm
by Jim Macdonald
Re: Update from the Field 10/24/02
Buffalo Field Campaign Update From the Field October 31, 2002 ----------------------- Mease's Musings Have you ever just stared up into a snowstorm? Well today, I think I spent too much time doing it. I have always known that each snowflake has its...
Views: 1009   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 31, 2002 1:43pm
by Buffalo Field Ca...
Poaching plague spreads to Arco area
Poaching plague spreads to Arco area ARCO- Just like the old saying, "Bad news travels fast", so it seems thepoaching plague is spreading across the state as the hunting seasons unfold. While the overwhelming majority of hunters are true ethical sportsmen, a s...
Views: 1232   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2002 6:06pm
by Greg Losinski
Update from the Field 10/24/02
Buffalo Field Campaign Update From the Field October 24, 2002 Greetings Buffalo Supporters, As the 5:45 AM alarm pulls me out of my warm tipi bed this morning, two inches of fresh snow extinguish my hopes for a delayed winter. After a quick cup of black t...
Views: 1152   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 24, 2002 4:27pm
by Buffalo Field Ca...
Update from the Field 10/18/02
Buffalo Field Campaign News from the Field October 18, 2002 In this issue: *Mease's Musings: Montana Won't Leave the Last Wild Buffalo Alone *New Wildlife Compilation Video Available *Help Feed the Buffalo Warriors, Donate Kitchen Items! ---...
Views: 1217   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 18, 2002 7:32am
by Buffalo Field Ca...
Update from the Field 10/10/02
In this Issue: * Update from the Field - DoL Retaliate * Thanks to our young supporters! * Press Release 10/10/02 * Please pass this on to 3 friends in honor of the 3 wild buffalo that were killed last week and ask them to subscribe - it's simple just have...
Views: 1681   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 10, 2002 5:13pm
by Buffalo Field Ca...
Gardiner native in Gonzaga University production of "See How They Run"
Gonzaga Univesity to present British farce 'See How They Run' Gonzaga University will present Philip King's hilarious "See How They Run" starting Oct. 25. This jolly show is action-packed and filled with slapstick comedy. The production is directed by Ja...
Views: 1398   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 8, 2002 1:04pm
by Gonzaga Universi...
Update from the Field 10/03/02
Update from the Field 10/03/02 Buffalo Supporters, As the snow falls to the ground outside, my tears follow. Yesterday marks the earliest buffalo being killed in Buffalo field Campaign's five year history. Three bull buffalo were less than one half mile out...
Views: 1069   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 5, 2002 8:15am
by Buffalo Field Ca...
Thoughts on Wednesday's slaughter of 3 Yellowstone buffalo
Thoughts on Wednesday's slaughter of 3 Yellowstone buffalo Yesterday, I wrote a post on the issue of Yellowstone buffalo in another forum. When I wrote the post yesterday, I was not yet aware that 3 buffalo were sent to slaughter by Montana yesterday. The details...
Views: 1003   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 3, 2002 8:51pm
by Jim Macdonald
Teton land swap approved by Congress
Teton land swap approved by Congress By The Associated Press The U.S. House on Tuesday approved a land exchange between the state of Wyoming and Grand Teton National Park. The bill, passed by a voice vote, heads to President Bush's desk. Sen. Craig Thomas,...
Views: 907   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 25, 2002 12:17pm
by AP story in Casp...
Yellowstone tourism season strong
Yellowstone tourism season strong CODY, Wyo. (AP) - Tourism was strong for Yellowstone National Park and Park County this summer, according to tourism officials. That's in contrast with places like Grand Canyon and Death Valley, where tourism has been down this...
Views: 847   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 24, 2002 4:43am
by AP story in Casp...
Coalition created for clean air
Coalition created for clean air DRIGGS, Idaho (AP) - Mayor Louis Christensen lived in southern California, so he's seen what air pollution can do. He did not want the same thing to happen in the Upper Snake River Valley so he joined leaders from through the thre...
Views: 943   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 20, 2002 1:28pm
by AP story in Casp...
Yellowstone wants to improve west entrance
Yellowstone wants to improve west entrance YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyo. (AP) - Yellowstone officials plan to build a larger West Entrance station to improve visitor safety and service. Superintendent Suzanne Lewis announced Friday that the National Park Ser...
Views: 844   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 20, 2002 10:17am
by AP story in Casp...
Re: Grand Teton lodging contracts to open for bidding
Grand Teton lodging contracts to open for bidding MOOSE, Wyo. (AP) -- Grand Teton National Park soon plans to open for bidding the contracts to run many of the park's businesses. A tour will be offered Oct. 2 to show prospective bidders the operations run by...
Views: 840   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 17, 2002 2:21pm
by AP story in Casp...
Steamboat Geyser has 2nd major eruption of the year
by Jim Macdonald For the second time this year, the world's largest geyser, Steamboat Geyser, in the Norris Geyser Basin, has erupted. Thanks to the geyser listserv, I have the following information. Steamboat Geyser erupted on September 13 at 10:20 PM MDT, th...
Views: 1030   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2002 9:46am
by Jim Macdonald
Yellowstone seeks anglers' help
Yellowstone seeks anglers' help YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyo. (AP) - Park officials are appealing to anglers to help control lake trout in Yellowstone Lake. They are providing maps of lake trout spawning areas for shore and boat anglers in hope that more of...
Views: 965   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2002 12:37pm
by AP story in Casp...
Beetles could destroy most North Fork trees
Beetles could destroy most North Fork trees CODY, Wyo. (AP) - About 70 percent of the trees along the North Fork of the Shoshone River in the Shoshone National Forest will die from a beetle infestation, district ranger Brent Larson said. The gray- and red-needl...
Views: 909   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 5, 2002 1:04pm
by AP story in Casp...
Re: Yellowstone Newspaper news
Bears, sex and Woody Allen By Dan Whipple UPI Science News One of the greatest conservation victories of the past century is the recovery from near-extinction of the grizzly bear in the lower 48 states -- especially the famous bears in Yellowstone National Park...
Views: 916   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 2, 2002 6:31pm
by Casper Star-Trib...
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet