Return to Website

The Magic of Yellowstone

A discussion forum on anything Yellowstone.

The Magic of Yellowstone
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Yellowstone news nowhere else--family apparently rescued on the Firehole; man dies at Tower Fall

Yellowstone Newspaper is, as most readers know, really not so much a "newspaper" as it is a news compilation service that I started 10 years ago in order to keep me better informed on Yellowstone (and by extension, everyone else). However, I have always hoped that people would report news if they had it, and this weekend people sent me some news that I haven't been able to find elsewhere on the internet.

I want to thank my two sources, both of whom were in the park and were directly involved with the stories themselves.

First, on July 22, a man, Robert Pruitt, 65, died on the trail below the overlook of Tower Fall. I received word from a woman who was helping his wife after the incident and who took the time to find out what happened. Details are scarce, but you can find his obituary here. Our source, when talking on the phone with the Yellowstone press office, cited HIPPA, which suggested that his death may have resulted from a medical condition.

Second, eyewitness Robert Williams reported to me that on July 23 while swimming below a falls on the Firehole River that he and other swimmers were surprised to see a boy, 12, go over the falls and come up uninjured. Above the falls, their father and another boy, 15, were still struggling in the water. Mr. Williams, with a team of civilians and a Park Service employee, were able to rescue the others without a little bit of difficulty. I don't have independent confirmation of the story, and I don't know what the cause of the mishap was. However, the good news was that all survived and were safe.

Mr. Williams allowed me to cite him as the source of the information but wanted to make sure I give credit to the Strong family, particularly to the 15 year old who was stuck on the water for what Mr. Williams estimates was an hour and a half to two hours. He added, "The other guys were fantastic, mature, level headed men and it was all a cumulative effort. I am so glad it all had a happy ending. Yellowstone was more than I expected it to be and I cant wait to go back!"

Re: Yellowstone news nowhere else--family apparently rescued on the Firehole; man dies at Tower Fall

Your post is awesome! Thanks for posting and sharing this to the public Seamless gutters Springfield Illinois

Re: Yellowstone news nowhere else--family apparently rescued on the Firehole; man dies at Tower Fall

Brilliant post. I'm glad you shared it to the public. Handyman Florissant 63033

Nice post! Thanks for taking the time in sharing this great article in here.
Accountants Winnipeg

Thanks for sharing such a useful information. It is very helpful article. Very informative blog.
Plastic Surgery Shreveport

"Thanks for sharing this wonderful post!
"
Plastic Surgery Plano

Thanks for doing such a great job informing us of this situation, I hope everyone is safe and sound now. I will share this news with the people from my favorite Top 1 Dryer vent cleaning in Gainesville Florida

A view of the bank of the Yellowstone River. 'Twas a magical hitch back in Yellowstone National Park | big deck

The report has not been independently verified, and I am unsure of what exactly went wrong. Regards from roofing repair company!

"Thanks for sharing this interesting blog here
"
Tree Service Owensboro

This are sad news, I hope it doesn't impact the park's reputation! I would like to recommend you my favorite roofers near Jacksonville Florida

very informative content, thank you for sharing
Electrician

I really enjoy reading your posts. great work!
Tree Service Topeka KS

Thanks for this interesting article you shared.
Landscaping Sherwood Park

Thank you for sharing this with us.
Plastic Surgery Mesa Near Me

It's good to know about this. I must share this with my friends at Tree Removal Sioux City