The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Top albums of the 2000s spreadsheet - update thread

The top albums of the 2000s spreadsheet has been updated today with the list from LostAtSea.

Thanks Harold!

Re: Top albums of the 2000s spreadsheet - update thread

Updated again with the lists from Mondo Sonoro.

Thanks to otisredding this time.

Very, very disappointed by how poorly Cat Power's You Are Free is doing. Definitely one of the decade's best albums and it had the reviews and EOY-listings to back it up. But it's only on ONE EOD list so far??

I also wish Cannibal Ox's The Cold Vein was higher but that one I can understand. It's much more underground. But Cat Power? Her The Greatest is in the top 100!

/endrant

i wish the other animal collective albums were being repped more. I mean, MPP is top 10 but I was actually thinking that the success of MPP would help bring up Person Pitch, Strawberry Jam and Feels a lot but i suppose it isn't as much as i hoped.

Updated with the Playground list!

Interestingly enough, the T7 albums seems relatively stable. I wouldn't be surprised if, even with many many more lists added, those seven albums were still in the T10. Silet Shout and Merriweather at the top is of course great.

Also, that Supreme Clientele is so high makes me happy. That album is much better than Fishscale; maybe the best Wu release ever.

The top 7 is a healthy smattering of what made the 00s great. Two rap albums, a dance based record, and probably the 4 indie rock albums that defined the decade.

does anyone know when the next website update will be?
and why aren't they adding the Clash's decade list to the update spreadsheet??? x.x

RADIOHEADSMAN
does anyone know when the next website update will be?
and why aren't they adding the Clash's decade list to the update spreadsheet??? x.x

The CLASH list isn't being added to the EOD spreadsheet for the simple reason that it doesn't cover the whole decade, only 2004 onward (the magazine's lifetime). Including it wouldn't be fair to the albums from the years preceding. I believe the list is being added to the overall AM database, however. So it will have some impact.

Updated with Paste and Muzikalia.

Thanks Harold and otisredding! You are now working as a great team!

Wooohooo! YHF #4! Illinoise #8! Nick Cave on the rise!

I like this update!

Henrik
Updated with Paste and Muzikalia.

Thanks Harold and otisredding! You are now working as a great team!

Yes, I do the dirty work and Harold makes the most fun

This update is pretty great. Ten of my T10 albums are in the T11, and 13/20 of my T20 are in the T20. It's like the list gets better with each update.

What's your top 10 SR?

Of my top 10:

1 is in the top 10
1 is in the top 20
2 are in the top 50
2 are in the top 100
3 are in the top 200
7 are in the top 500

In this case I'd like to meet MOONBEAM three albums that are not among the 500 of
spreadsheet

otisredding
In this case I'd like to meet MOONBEAM three albums that are not among the 500 of
spreadsheet

Annie Lennox- Bare
Kylie Minogue- Body Language
Janet Jackson- All for You

I know I'm going to get slayed for this.

I am sad that Amnesiac, Hail to the Thief, and The Eraser are probably going to fall off a lot. They don't deserve that.

On the other hand, I am happy that Moon and Antarctica is getting more recognition!

Jeez, what's with the indie-crit backlash against Neon Bible?

Moonbeam
Of my top 10:

1 is in the top 10
1 is in the top 20
2 are in the top 50
2 are in the top 100
3 are in the top 200
7 are in the top 500

I'm a bit luckier

3 in the top 10
4 in the top 20
7 in the top 50
7 in the top 400
8 in the top 500

the two others : Puppetmastaz - Creature Funk and Architecture in Helsinki - In Case We Die, have not been cited yet (and 7 albums on my 11-20 list have not appeared in any list so far...)

JHarding

I don't think there's a backlash against NEON BIBLE; I think it's simply a matter of most lists trying to limit the number of albums by each artist (except for Godhead - er, I mean Radiohead - who seem to get a pass on this most of the time), and if you're going to put one AF album on your list 99 times out of 100 it's going to be FUNERAL. It's the same logic that's keeping SPEAKERBOXXX/THE LOVE BELOW off of almost every EDL - STANKONIA's pretty much always going to be your default OutKast pick.

Harold Wexler
JHarding

I don't think there's a backlash against NEON BIBLE; I think it's simply a matter of most lists trying to limit the number of albums by each artist (except for Godhead - er, I mean Radiohead - who seem to get a pass on this most of the time), and if you're going to put one AF album on your list 99 times out of 100 it's going to be FUNERAL. It's the same logic that's keeping SPEAKERBOXXX/THE LOVE BELOW off of almost every EDL - STANKONIA's pretty much always going to be your default OutKast pick.
For the all-time AM ranking, if a list has more than 50 entries and no artist is mentioned more than once (probably a restriction to one album per artist) then I blank the position for the other albums by the artists mentioned on the lists, to avoid a bias against artists with several acclaimed albums. However, there's no method to handle this in the spreadsheet.

So Henrik, am I to understand that these lists won't actually raise the 00s? It'll just move them around?

like if we currently shuffled them it'd be:

01. Arcade Fire- Funeral (62)
02. Radiohead- Kid A (92)
03. The Strokes- Is This It (108)
04. Wilco- Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (112)
05. LCD Soundsystem- Sound of Silver (124)
06. OutKast- Stankonia (127)
07. Jay-Z- The Blueprint (129)
08. Sufjan Stevens- Illinois (131)
09. The White Stripes- Elephant (133)
10. Animal Collective- Merriweather Post Pavillion (156)

Jonathon
So Henrik, am I to understand that these lists won't actually raise the 00s? It'll just move them around?

Jonathan, I'd imagine it would be some combination of the current ranking and the decade list ranking. Is This It may still end up number 1 when all is said and done.

Jonathon

It's a misunderstanding that the 2000s albums will have the same all-time positions as before. I have just said that the 2000s albums won't move up or down in general because of the end of 2000s critics lists. But they could just as well get all-time positions 69, 76, 113,... (or whatever).

However, that explanation is completely irrelevant since A LOT of all-time lists will be added as well. In fact the older albums will move around almost as much as the 2000s albums.

And ... because of the all-time lists, the 2000s albums might actually make a general move up or down, depending on whether the 2000s albums get more or less acclaim than they previously have done in the all-time lists that are already on AM.

Oops, this probably just raised more questions...

Moonbeam
Jonathan, I'd imagine it would be some combination of the current ranking and the decade list ranking. Is This It may still end up number 1 when all is said and done.
Exactly, Moonbeam.

Henrik
Jonathon

It's a misunderstanding that the 2000s albums will have the same all-time positions as before. I have just said that the 2000s albums won't move up or down in general because of the end of 2000s critics lists. But they could just as well get all-time positions 69, 76, 113,... (or whatever).

However, that explanation is completely irrelevant since A LOT of all-time lists will be added as well. In fact the older albums will move around almost as much as the 2000s albums.

And ... because of the all-time lists, the 2000s albums might actually make a general move up or down, depending on whether the 2000s albums get more or less acclaim than they previously have done in the all-time lists that are already on AM.

Oops, this probably just raised more questions...

you should make this it's own thread. there's so much confusion about this i'm sure you're tired of explaining this a million times.

Sorry for my faux-pas.

Updated with Rock de Lux! Thanks Pablo and Harold!

Now updated with RDL's national list as well. I have also assigned a lower weight to the national lists.

do these critics and writers have advanced copies of music that's coming out from November and December of this year? Cause to not even wait to see if an all out classic is going to come out late in the year is pretty ignorant. If they had started doing these best of the decade polls in mid 1979 they would have completely left out London Calling.

Well, as you can see Tim, some late late 90s albums have made 00s lists. I imagine some late 00s albums will make 10s lists.

Tim E.
do these critics and writers have advanced copies of music that's coming out from November and December of this year? Cause to not even wait to see if an all out classic is going to come out late in the year is pretty ignorant. If they had started doing these best of the decade polls in mid 1979 they would have completely left out London Calling.

Which is exactly what almost all of them did. ROLLING STONE put LONDON CALLING - a 1979 album - at #1 on its best of the Eighties list in 1989, as did many, many others. The same thing is happening now - to a more limited extent, although there's a lot of lists to come - with AGAETIS BYRJUN.

This is a dumb question, but I am still confused on how this all works. When I look at the new EOD album and song rankings that you post in the spreadsheets, how are these going to influence the update? Are they the exact replacement numbers or do they integrate in with the current decade order somehow?

Any explanation would be appreciated.

It will be factored in, but won't completely replace the other rankings.

Thanks Jonathon!

I would exclude all non english and non american lists or weighted them down for relevance(lack of) reasons.
For example those spanish journos are bunch of clueless morons, they should write only on local music.
I mean no In Rainbows in any of those stupid continental lists? Ignorance is no excuse here. Just my 2$.

Updated with the list from Karlporz. Thanks to Giuseppe (and Harold as always).

Sound of Silver needs a turnaround! A top 5 placement is in order, stat!

Moonbeam
Sound of Silver needs a turnaround! A top 5 placement is in order, stat!

The tendency for these lists to include one acclaimed album by a particular artist and exclude all others is killing it. The LCD Soundsystem album appears on 5 lists, only one of which contains Sound of Silver.

Of course, as Howard pointed out previously, this rule of thumb does not appear to apply to Radiohead albums, so Kid A is not affected.

I,ve just taken a glance down the list and I,m stunned to see Neon Bible languishing down in 441st.

On a personal note, The Moon and Antartica seems to be the Modest Mouse album of choice, while my all time number 5 album, Good News For People Who Love Bad News is receiving very little love

tomas
I would exclude all non english and non american lists or weighted them down for relevance(lack of) reasons.
For example those spanish journos are bunch of clueless morons, they should write only on local music.
I mean no In Rainbows in any of those stupid continental lists? Ignorance is no excuse here. Just my 2$.

Well, like Beans said, many of the magazines chose one album per artist and “Kid A” is the one that is usually showing up on most list. I don’t like this trend too, apart of “Sound of Silver” other excellent albums like “Elephant”, “Speakerboxxx/The Love Below” or, yes, “In Rainbows” are unfairly being punished because of that.
And sadly it seems that Radiohead fans are replacing the Beatles fans in terms of intolerance. But don’t worry, tomas, I will always like Radiohead, you’re not going to ruin this.

I'm coming from the opposite end; my pick for the album of the Decade, Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot lost serious points when two magazines decided to rank it's inferior follow-up, A Ghost is Born, as their best Wilco album.

If you replaced A Ghost is Born with Yankee Hotel Foxtrot on those two lists, YHF would be gaining on Is This It...instead it's barely top 5.

Well Honorio, Im not worried at the slightest, it would be weird to abandon your liked music because of one totally unrelated opinion.

My dislike for lists from non english speaking countries comes from reading my local mags. In majority of cases writers to them dont understand lyrics duly, dont understand musical context, they grew up on different music which remain yardstick through of which all music is looked on. They dont know what is ham acting and what is truly original, then they compile list based on their pure knowledge plus they throw in some items they are told to do.

See it has not that much to do with Radiohead although omission of In Rainbows is the most blatant example of mentioned above.

tomas
Well Honorio, Im not worried at the slightest, it would be weird to abandon your liked music because of one totally unrelated opinion.

My dislike for lists from non english speaking countries comes from reading my local mags. In majority of cases writers to them dont understand lyrics duly, dont understand musical context, they grew up on different music which remain yardstick through of which all music is looked on. They dont know what is ham acting and what is truly original, then they compile list based on their poor knowledge plus they throw in some items they are told to do.

Its like me compiling top Hindi songs. Not really something worth of going by.

See it has not that much to do with Radiohead although omission of In Rainbows is the most blatant example of mentioned above. In the end those lists ruin little bit this perfect site for me

EDITED

Dear Tomas:

Many thanks for your educated answer, I was not expecting it on the basis of your first post. Anyway I’m sorry but I’m going to (respectfully) disagree again:
- Of course it’s preferable to fully understand the lyrics (that’s the main reason because I really can’t go deeply into hip hop) but today it only takes a minimum level of curiosity and an Internet connection to be able to read any song lyric. But, even more important, you can connect with a song in a only pure musical level without understanding a single word, that’s the greatness of music and that’s why I consider it superior to other forms of art.
- And, what’s that thing about that you must talk the language to understand the context? So, I could not simply understand the situation in Palestine, for instance, unless I learn Arabic first? Should I not even try? Is it impossible for me to form my opinion? As you suggest, although I look for contrasted information, my opinion simply would not be allowed. Of course I’m not suggesting that every opinion is equally valuable but you are supposing that all “foreign” critics don’t have an informed opinion (well, that’s my polite translation of “moron” and “stupid”) because they don’t vote for your favourite album.
- So “local” critics should write only about “local” music. Really? Even in our global times where all kind of information are just a click away? Do you really think that a Spanish critic look to any kind of music through a flamenco lens?
- And finally, are you sure that only the non-English critics copy the others? Sadly all the lists finally are very similar at the end. A lot of styles are completely overlooked again and again (and I’m not talking about “local” styles) while everyone seems to like “some items they are told to do”. Are we all not being too benign with the (supposed) experimental side of Animal Collective while overlooking completely the real experimentalists?

Well that’s all for today. Now I’m going to do my Hindi compilation.

With love and affection from a (yours truly) Spanish moron.

Honorio
Dear Tomas:

Many thanks for your educated answer, I was not expecting it on the basis of your first post. Anyway I’m sorry but I’m going to (respectfully) disagree again:
- Of course it’s preferable to fully understand the lyrics (that’s the main reason because I really can’t go deeply into hip hop) but today it only takes a minimum level of curiosity and an Internet connection to be able to read any song lyric. But, even more important, you can connect with a song in a only pure musical level without understanding a single word, that’s the greatness of music and that’s why I consider it superior to other forms of art.
- And, what’s that thing about that you must talk the language to understand the context? So, I could not simply understand the situation in Palestine, for instance, unless I learn Arabic first? Should I not even try? Is it impossible for me to form my opinion? As you suggest, although I look for contrasted information, my opinion simply would not be allowed. Of course I’m not suggesting that every opinion is equally valuable but you are supposing that all “foreign” critics don’t have an informed opinion (well, that’s my polite translation of “moron” and “stupid”) because they don’t vote for your favourite album.
- So “local” critics should write only about “local” music. Really? Even in our global times where all kind of information are just a click away? Do you really think that a Spanish critic look to any kind of music through a flamenco lens?
- And finally, are you sure that only the non-English critics copy the others? Sadly all the lists finally are very similar at the end. A lot of styles are completely overlooked again and again (and I’m not talking about “local” styles) while everyone seems to like “some items they are told to do”. Are we all not being too benign with the (supposed) experimental side of Animal Collective while overlooking completely the real experimentalists?

Well that’s all for today. Now I’m going to do my Hindi compilation.

With love and affection from a (yours truly) Spanish moron.

Ok you won me, sorry about using bad words btw never aimed at you.
Still hating how different lists are made in my country, where traditions play so big role. I guess its totally different feeling for music after all. Its more visible on the example of Hindi songwriter having different view of our indie scene and me not able to get my head around Hindi songs at all, but I think its also present within different European subcultures. Then Im thinking to have such views implicated is interesting and all but it mess up with our ranking in a way Im not favorite of which.

Greetings to Spain

No problem at all, tomas, it was not a question of winning. This forum is about discussing music and that’s OK. Every opinion has its place here. Thanks a lot for your comments.

Updated with fishpork, NME and Consequence of Sound. Thanks to Harold, Ned and otisredding.

Updated with NPR as well, Thanks to Snusmumrik and Harold.

Onion's A.V. Club & OOR included.

Seems like the real classics of the 00s are (at least according to critics):

Radiohead- Kid A (2000)
OutKast- Stankonia (2000)
The Strokes- Is This It (2001)
Jay-Z- The Blueprint (2001)
Wilco- Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (2002)
Arcade Fire- Funeral (2004)
Sufjan Stevens- Illinois (2005)
LCD Soundsystem- Sound of Silver (2007)

Those are the only albums that make the top 25 for all 3 regional averages.

Interestingly enough, if Yankee Hotel Foxtrot hadn't been stalled due to record label problems, more than 50% of those albums would be from the first two years of the decade.

Harold has updated with Metromix Denver, Virgin Media and The Times, and deleted Fishpork (see the eligibility discussion).

Updated with eMusic, Laut and The Times (jazz & world top 10s). Thanks to Harold and whoever contributed.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand a new number one!

Absolutely dumbfounding. Is This It is great, but it doesn't quite have the high level of artistry that set Kid A and Funeral apart from the crowd. I can only hope we get some more indie-centric lists come in. The gap is small enough that some slight movement will alter the placements of the big three.

Oh how I hope Funeral maintains it's #1 position by the next update.

Kind of irritated how YHF can't break the top 3. In my eyes it's clearly superior to Is This It and Funeral, and just as good as Kid A.

Jonathon
Kind of irritated how YHF can't break the top 3. In my eyes it's clearly superior to Is This It and Funeral, and just as good as Kid A.

Same argument- different album: Sound of Silver

However, I think Is This It and Funeral are definitely worthy albums.

Look at Franz Ferdinand creeping up the list. Number 14 now!

These are hectic days for Harold. Updated again with Dagsavisen and Intro.

Intro deleted since it was a readers' list.

Just to point out there's a typo in the spreadsheet, which is unevitable, considering all the work that's been put into it. Mariza's album is spelled "Fado Curvo", not "Fado Curva".
See it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fado_Curvo
And I'm Portuguese, so that's how I spotted it...

And it's a great job you guys have been doing!

Moonbeam
Look at Franz Ferdinand creeping up the list. Number 14 now!

I'm equally as impressed with the sudden surge within the last week for SPEAKERBOXX/THE LOVE BELOW. After so many lists that only contained STANKONIA, its double-disc follow-up has leaped from nowhere to the top 50. Fantastic!

Personally, I'm disappointed "Is This It" and to a lesser extent, "Funeral", are leading these lists. Not that they aren't good, but not good enough when compared to true masterpieces such as "Kid A" and "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot"; not to mention other masterworks such as "Ys", "Illinois", "Arular", "Person Pitch", "In Rainbows" and "Boy in da Corner" among others.

Music critics overall are still playing it too safe.

I agree completely affy18.

Is This It is a party album. There's nothing that unique or innovative about it. Funeral is deeply personal, but again, it's a little too "Been there done that" for me to be the #1 or #2 album of the decade.

I'm deeply disappointed that Ys isn't getting more acclaim. It's a masterpiece.

I don't want to knock "Is This It" for being a party album but if there are party albums that should be making more lists, I think it should be something like..."Since I Left You" or even "Discovery", both of which are arguably more challenging and just as enjoyable. Again, I don't want to put this and "Funeral" down; both are terrific records but I think that compared to other stuff that is arguably more forward-thinking and innovative, they come up considerably short.

And also, why is it that Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black" has become the de facto critically-acclaimed female album of the decade? Again, nothing wrong with it but is it really better than the output of Joanna Newsom's "Ys", PJ Harvey's "Stories from the City..." or "White Chalk", Björk's "Vespertine", Cat Power's "You are Free", Neko Case's "Fox Confessor Brings the Flood" and even Robyn's self-titled? I really don't get its dominance on these lists.

I'm just surprised and dismayed music critics in general have been so conventional and traditional with these lists. Hopefully the next few EOD lists bring a turnaround.

affy18
I don't want to knock "Is This It" for being a party album but if there are party albums that should be making more lists, I think it should be something like..."Since I Left You" or even "Discovery", both of which are arguably more challenging and just as enjoyable. Again, I don't want to put this and "Funeral" down; both are terrific records but I think that compared to other stuff that is arguably more forward-thinking and innovative, they come up considerably short.

And also, why is it that Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black" has become the de facto critically-acclaimed female album of the decade? Again, nothing wrong with it but is it really better than the output of Joanna Newsom's "Ys", PJ Harvey's "Stories from the City..." or "White Chalk", Björk's "Vespertine", Cat Power's "You are Free", Neko Case's "Fox Confessor Brings the Flood" and even Robyn's self-titled? I really don't get its dominance on these lists.

I'm just surprised and dismayed music critics in general have been so conventional and traditional with these lists. Hopefully the next few EOD lists bring a turnaround.
]

It's called mainstream press. They don't put nearly as many obscure albums in their lists. They put albums regular people actually know about. I don't know if we'll see much change. Rolling Stone for example will probably have Strokes and Arcade Fire pretty high. And Amy Winehouse will probably be on there too.

Popdose included.

Update with Side 2-Nettavisen, the Guardian, and Q included. Thanks Harold!

so why wasnt this list included???? http://www.dailycal.org/article/107575/top_albums_of_the_decade
Isnt it eligible?? it seems find to me!

RADIOHEADSMAN
so why wasnt this list included???? http://www.dailycal.org/article/107575/top_albums_of_the_decade

Patience is a virtue, young grasshopper.

RADIOHEADSMAN

Daily Californian lists have been included on AM in the past, so it's definitely eligible. I will add it in the next update. I chose to focus on the Guardian and Q lists (I had already added Nettavisen) simply because those contain more albums (and more new entries to add).

Don't expect too many changes to the upper reaches of the list from now on, despite the fact that there are still a lot of EOD's to come. I was very surprised that BACK TO BLACK stayed at #11 even after its #1 ranking in Q was added.

In case anyone's curious, the highest-ranked 2000s album on the new all-time top 3000 list that has yet to make a single appearance on an EOD is - by a considerably wide margin - #979, Franz Ferdinand's YOU COULD HAVE IT SO MUCH BETTER. Apparently EOD compilers are taking the album's title to heart.

Ugh. Stay in the top 10, Sound of Silver!

Moonbeam
Ugh. Stay in the top 10, Sound of Silver!

Arctic Monkeys above Sound of Silver is an absolute travesty. At least the California list will help give SOS some help.

Also, The Blueprint is only one point away from Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. That's pretty impressive.

I'm impressed that Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is clinging onto the #4 spot so tightly. For a non-Radiohead, non-NME super hyped album, it's doing a-okay.

Updated with Daily Californian and Irish Times. Thanks Harold!

Jonathon
I'm impressed that Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is clinging onto the #4 spot so tightly. For a non-Radiohead, non-NME super hyped album, it's doing a-okay.

YHF is hardly the little album that could. It's been creamed over by Mojo, Uncut, Pitchfork, Rollng Stone, Q and god knows else for years. It's high ranking should really be no surprise.

Harold has updated with FACT and State.

so are you guys gonna add entertainment weekly's best albums of the decade??

RADIOHEADSMAN

As soon as we know whether it's just a top 10 list, or if the magazine named more. I presume it's eligible.

RADIOHEADSMAN
EW, The Word and the extended Paste list will be added when Harold has time to add them.

Entertainment Weekly, The Word and Rock's Back Pages have been added.

Thank you, great work again guys. Im now nitpicking, but shouldnt albums on RBP list sharing the same place take spot in the middle of the shared interval?
(i.e. all albums sharing position 101 - 135 get spot 118?) Just idea.

tomas
Thank you, great work again guys. Im now nitpicking, but shouldnt albums on RBP list sharing the same place take spot in the middle of the shared interval?
True.

Henrik
tomas
True.

Well, someone's going to have to give me those numbers, then. All the way down the line (e.g., there was a 3-way tie for 18th place, so should they all get 19?). I spent enough time plowing through that list yesterday and I don't feel like looking at it again. Just give me the new numbers and I'll replace them in the column. Thanks in advance!

Harold Wexler
Henrik
tomas
True.

Well, someone's going to have to give me those numbers, then. All the way down the line (e.g., there was a 3-way tie for 18th place, so should they all get 19?). I spent enough time plowing through that list yesterday and I don't feel like looking at it again. Just give me the new numbers and I'll replace them in the column. Thanks in advance!
As tomas said, this is nitpicking. I wasn't going to mention this in the first place. Harold, even if someone posts the numbers, it's your decision if you want to make the changes or not.

Henrik
As tomas said, this is nitpicking. I wasn't going to mention this in the first place. Harold, even if someone posts the numbers, it's your decision if you want to make the changes or not.

Actually, it's not really that big of a deal; I think I was just a little tired and cranky when I posted that earlier. I should be able to figure everything out myself and then simply do a select-and-replace within the RBP column. I probably won't send the revision for posting until I can add the ROLLING STONE list, though.

Harold Wexler
I should be able to figure everything out myself and then simply do a select-and-replace within the RBP column.

Here are my calculations of what the new "ranks" for the RBP list should be. Could someone verify this for accuracy before I make the changes?

3.5 for 3 (two albums)
10 for 9 (three)
13.5 for 13 (two)
16 for 15 (three)
19 for 18 (three)
22.5 for 21 (four)
28 for 25 (seven)
35 for 32 (seven)
44.5 for 39 (twelve)
54 for 51 (seven)
66.5 for 58 (eighteen)
88 for 76 (twenty-five)
117.5 for 101 (thirty-four)
155.5 for 135 (forty-two)

Thanks!

QC'd!

Spreadsheet updated with Rolling Stone and the RBP numbers. Thanks Harold!

Harold has also added Spinner.

Updated with NOW, Decibel, The Sunday Times and Sue, making the top 3 even closer! Thanks Harold!

Should these update thread be posted in the new critics' lists forum instead?

Is the VICE list being added, Harold?

Moonbeam

I think it's a little too jokey and ironic to be included as a legitimate top 10 - the attitude is more like, "Let's pick out the 10 most hipster-y albums showing up on these other lists and say snarky things about them." The tipoff is the discussion suggestion to mention how KID A was given away on the Internet for free!

Harold Wexler
Moonbeam

I think it's a little too jokey and ironic to be included as a legitimate top 10 - the attitude is more like, "Let's pick out the 10 most hipster-y albums showing up on these other lists and say snarky things about them." The tipoff is the discussion suggestion to mention how KID A was given away on the Internet for free!

Even though Henrik gave it the green light?

Moonbeam
Harold Wexler
Moonbeam

When I e-mailed him the update I told him my rationale for omitting it, and he didn't say anything, so I took that as agreement.

Harold Wexler
Moonbeam
Harold Wexler
Moonbeam

When I e-mailed him the update I told him my rationale for omitting it, and he didn't say anything, so I took that as agreement.

Gotcha.

http://www.theboombox.com/2009/12/02/best-albums-2000s/

RADIOHEADSMAN
http://www.theboombox.com/2009/12/02/best-albums-2000s/

Once again ... new lists are supposed to go in the new lists forum that just opened up ...

Updated with The Boombox and Glide.

Is the date on the home page just not being updated?

Rocky Raccoon
Is the date on the home page just not being updated?
Oh, I gotta fix that. Not now though...

1 2