Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Top albums of the 2000s spreadsheet - update thread

Henrik
Rocky Raccoon
Is the date on the home page just not being updated?
Oh, I gotta fix that. Not now though...

Speaking of the home page, can you put a link to the all-time songs poll voting thread on there like you did for the albums poll?

Anyone notice how the top albums have really been stuck into their tiers ever since the first dozen or so lists?

Tier 1
Funeral
Is This It
Kid A

Tier 2
Blueprint to Illinois

Tier 3
In Rainbows to Arular

VanillaFire1000
Anyone notice how the top albums have really been stuck into their tiers ever since the first dozen or so lists?

Tier 1
Funeral
Is This It
Kid A

Tier 2
Blueprint to Illinois

Tier 3
In Rainbows to Arular

true, but IR is disadvantaged like no other album because all mighty Kid A takes votes in "one album per artist" lists. Without Kid A, it would be easily behind our frontrunners, this is something Im sure about.

I have to say I dont care that much about Kid A nowadays, it got its acclaim anyway, but IR on the other hand is getting better and better with every listen. So good - production wise, such a captivating power, its lightness in a good sense.

I noticed that the top 7 has always included:

Radiohead- Kid A
OutKast- Stankonia
The Strokes- Is This It
Jay-Z- The Blueprint
Wilco- Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Arcade Fire- Funeral

and the seventh album has varied.

Even though Elephant is currently among those albums in the top 7, I sort those 6 as being the top tier.

Jonathon
I noticed that the top 7 has always included:

Radiohead- Kid A
OutKast- Stankonia
The Strokes- Is This It
Jay-Z- The Blueprint
Wilco- Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Arcade Fire- Funeral

and the seventh album has varied.

Even though Elephant is currently among those albums in the top 7, I sort those 6 as being the top tier.

I would consider those albums one tier just because those top 3 are so far ahead in points that it would be impossible for any 4th album to break in there. It is like they have almost lapped their closest competition.

true. Honestly, I expected big drops for Is This It and Funeral, so I was surprised.

1 2