Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Music Related Podcasts

I enjoy listening to podcasts (like This American Life and WYNC's Radio Lab), but I don't listen to any that focus primarily on music.

Does anybody have a favorite music-related podcast that they would recommend?

Re: Music Related Podcasts

Oh yes!

http://www.soundopinions.org/podcast.html

I'm behind on the episodes (I listen to This American Life podcasts too) but Sound Opinions is a great show. Lengthy interviews with rock stars, and the two hosts (Greg and Greg) also like to geek out and make lists, just like us!

There's one called Lyrics Undercover that is pretty good discussing the meaning and backgrounds of popular songs. Sometimes the guy talks about something that is kind of common knowledge but it's short so you never feel like you wasted your time.

As for talking about music, I'd rather discuss and listen to music than hear people talk about it. I guess I feel that I could be listening to an album in that 30-60 minute time period instead of listening to somebody talk about albums. I've heard Sound Opinions and I think it's well done, but it feels like a waste of time.

Thanks Jonah! I would rather hear somebody else talk about music than talk about it myself (since that's the only way I might learn something new, or see something from a different perspective), so I'm excited to check out Sound Opinions.