Put a Pin on the Map View my Forum Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Which Coldplay songs will benefit the most from decade lists?

When the end-of-decade lists start rolling in, Coldplay is bound to get included on a lot, but there are also a lot of publications that will only use one song to represent each artist.

Which Coldplay song(s) do you think will appear on most end-of-decade lists?

Re: Which Coldplay songs will benefit the most from decade lists?

Viva la Vida (a given)
Yellow
The Scientist
In My Place

After to EOD lists come in, I expect to see Viva la Vida in the top 500. Maybe just as high as Yellow.

As for Viva la Vida, the album, I can only hope that the EOD lisst raise it higher. I was quite disappointed to see it didn't do better.

I guess Viva la Vida, Yellow and The Scientist will be listed alot, but the Coldplay song that will benefit from EOD lists the most is probably Clocks. Clocks's not my personal favorite, but I wouldn't be surprised if it would turn out to be the song they're best remembered for.

Yeah, for me I was thinking "Clocks" will definitely get a major boost (I'm pretty sure it will surpass "In My Place" and "The Scientist").

I think most end-of-decade lists will either go with "Viva la Vida," "Yellow," or "Clocks" when it comes to which Coldplay songs to choose.

I think "Trouble" will crack the top 3000.

Hopefully 'Yellow' will do well. I don't like most of their stuff,but it is probably my favourite song of this decade.

The only Coldplay song I really like is Panic. I think that is miles above all the rest of their songs. I don't think any of their other songs are bad but I don't think they are the greatest of this generation either. But, Panic is definitely a great song.

1-Yellow
2-Scientist
3-Viva la vida

Fix You?