Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GRIZZLY BEAR VECKATIMEST

Well...It wasnt my fault. I treid my best to avoid hearing it before its official release. I was invited to a friends house for diner and he had the 128K version burnt to disc. Immediately I knew who it was and was briefly tempted to ask him to stop it. However it simply took my breathe away. The quality was actually fairly good, not perfect, but good. Quality aside, grizzly bear may have made the best record of this year. I know everyone is blah blah blah. He always says that, he likes everything. ITS NOT TRUE DAMNIT!!!...lol. I only write about the stuff I do like, there's no point on wasting thoughts on shitt tunes.

Anyhow. This is a masterpiece. Grizzly Bear are one of the greatest bands not only of this decade, but EVER. Every song sparkles excellence. I thought Yellow House was terrific, but this takes them to new hieghts. The song writing, and gorgeous music make for a heart breaking 52 minutes. Every song demands your attention, and close company for the all ring equally with brilliance.

Standout Tracks : TWO WEEKS (Available on Youtube live at Letterman), I Live with you, Ready Abel

10/10

This year is turning into a personal fav. Animal collective and now this. Can these be beatin?

Re: GRIZZLY BEAR VECKATIMEST

Have you only heard it the one time at your friend's house?

lol...I shamefully asked him to burn me a copy. I've spun it a few times now. Ive been playing it at work too. Its great!

Its good no doubt... not that good though Kevin... I think Merriweather is much better. Maybe its because of the bad rip though but I just don't think its innovative enough or consistent enough for me... Maybe I'll see the light, but I think this is just another really beautiful and fun indie album

I shouldnt say I liked it better then Merriweather. I think its great, but Merriweather is definately the better of the 2. I think the last half of this decade is great except for crappy last year...lol..We have so many great bands to look forward to in the future