Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dennis Wilson - Pacific Ocean Blue

In the "lost masterpieces" section, have anybody heard that album ?
it got an excellent review in Rock'n Folk last issue by Nicolas Ungemuth, my favorite writer in this magazine, who called it "a surfer's Rock Bottom
I've been listening to a couple tracks on Songza and it's really beautiful...
So exciting to find new records that I wanted to share this experience
PS : the album is listed at AM (#2497)

Re: Dennis Wilson - Pacific Ocean Blue

And guess what? It's being reissued on June 17, in a package also containing Dennis' never-released second solo album BAMBU. Very exciting - I'm looking forward to picking it up, and I'm also grateful that I had the willpower to avoid blowing $60-70 for bootleg CDs I've seen.

i absolutely adore this album

I'll keep my fingers crossed... don't want Bambu to end as another Phanton Menace in my book...

I've got a promo copy of the new reissue. Pacific Ocean Blue is very good, of course. I haven't yet delved into Bambu, but I'm looking forward to it. (I'll probably do a review on my blog, but reviewing isn't my strong suit, so maybe not.)

It's a fantastic record, probably the best solo album made by any Beach Boys member. I've waited for that release for so long. I count the days until next tuesday.

appetizin..

It's on my wishlist on RYM.

Oh yes, this album is great. I heard it a while back when I was on a Beach-Boys-Binge, I should have included it in my albums list.. I think I'll go listen to it now!

http://warnakeysbeachboysblog.blogspot.com/2007/05/unsurpassed-masters-and-pacific-ocean.html

Thanks Midaso.

No problem - I only just found that myself

yeah, in fact the article I read was about that reissue so I'm waiting too

I own my copy !

I listened to it last night and while it's pretty good there are times where his singing is cringe worthy, which isn't what I expected from a Beach Boy.

Wow, it has a 96 so far on Metacritic. It's good... I actually like it a lot more than when I first listened to it but it's not one of the greatest albums ever.