Go to the NEW FORUM
www National Portal: National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is a digital scholarship platform that carries multiple scholarships offered by government agencies like Central Government, State Governments and UGC (University Grants Commission). National Scholarship Portal hosts around 104 scholarship schemes worth hundreds of crores for registered scholarship seekers on the platform. So according to officials, theplatforms
has so far helped the government implement and distribute scholarships worth over Rs 2,700 crore. Also, the platform has more than 127 lakh applications, out of which more than 84 lakh applications have also been verified.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – What is it?
Introduced as a missionmode
project under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP), the National Scholarship Portal has emerged as one of the foremost scholarship portals providing a wide variety of services from student scholarship applications to the disbursement of scholarships to them. provides. So offering a smart (simplified, mission-oriented, accountable, responsive and transparent) system for effective and speedy disposal of scholarships, the portal ensures direct delivery of funds to the beneficiary’s account thereby avoiding any chances of leakage. Can go
NSP can benefit you in the following ways –
• You can get all types of scholarship information on one platform.
• And you have to make a unified application for all scholarships which simplifies the application process.
• So the portal provides better transprency
to all its users.
• And you can find master data for all courses and institutes at the pan India level on this single platform.
• It also acts as a great tool for departments and ministries in the form of DSS (Decision Support System).
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Why was it created?
The major objectives behind the creation of this National Scholarship Portal include –
• To ensure that scholarships are being distributed to the students on time
• To offer a common platform for both Central and State Government scholarships
• And to create a transparent scholarly database
• To avoid duplication that occurs while processing applications
• To harmonize the diversity of scholarships and their criteria
• Then to ensure the application of DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – How can students benefit from it?
Now that you know about the benefits that students can avail of from the National Scholarship Portal, here is how you can get the best out of this portal –
• Check eligibility for available NSP scholarships.
• Register yourself with the National Scholarship Portal and apply for the scholarship you are eligible for.
• Hassle-free submission of online applications.
• The officials will verify the online application. Alternatively, you can also track the status of your application through the portal.
• So if successfully verified, the scholarship amount will be credited directly to the student’s account through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). To know the current status of NSP scholarship payment through the portal.
National Scholarship Portal 2.0 or NSP 2022 – Number of Scholarships Available
Students can apply for a range of scholarship schemes through NSP 2.0 or Scholarships.gov.in. So based on the elgiblity
criteria, a limited number of students are selected for a particular scheme. To know more check the table below for the number of scholarships available.
NSP Scholarship Form 2022
Eligible students can proceed with filling out the NSP 2022 Registration Form. Students must complete the registration NSP 2.0 before the last date of the National Scholarship Portal. The later date for the NSP registration form may vary from scheme to scheme. So, it is advised to keep in mind the last date to register on time.
Steps for NSP Registration 2022 through National Scholarship Portal
• Visit the official website
of NSP 2.0: Scholarships.gov.in
• Look for the “New Registration” tab on the top menu, and click on it.
• Then a new NSP Registration Form 2022 will appear on the screen.
• Afterwards, select the scholarship from the various schemes for which the candidate is eligible.
• So candidates are asked to enter their name, date of birth, mobile number, email-id, domicile status, category and bank details.
• Also, upload a copy of the Bank Passbook in PDF or JPEG format of 200 KB size and enter the captcha given on the right side.
• At last, click on Register to submit details on National Scholarship Portal 2.0 to receive a unique Application Number.
After that, the candidate will receive the NSP student login details such as the application number and password on their registered mobile number.
NSP Login – Important Highlights
The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is a digital platform that includes various scholarships from AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) and UGC (University Grants Commission), as well as scholarships offered by the State and Central Governments. By accessing the NSP login portal, students can apply for more than 70 scholarships.
Before starting the NSP login process, students have to register themselves to apply for the scholarship. And the NSP registration process is an important step without which students cannot proceed to the National Scholarship Portal login process. So once the students complete their registration on the NSP portal, they can start with the login process.
NSP Login – What is the process to log in to the NSP Portal (Fresh Application)?
• Go to the official National Scholarship Portal login page
• Click on ‘Login’ in the Application Form tab
• Select the option ‘Fresh 2022-23’
• Students will be redirected to a new page.
• Then enter the Application ID, Password and Captcha code as highlighted next to the slot.
• Once filled, click on ‘Login’
• Once the application form is opened, enter the following details:
o Name of Student
o State of Domicile
o Date of birth
o mobile number
o Name of bank
o Bank IFSC Code
o Bank account number
o Scholarship Category
o plan type
o identification details
o Email ID
• Click ‘Save & Continue
• Again, students will be redirected to another new page
• Upload the scanned copy of the documents (mentioned below)
• Click on ‘Final Submission
What are the documents required for the National Scholarship Portal login?
• Verification form provided by an educational institution
• student photo
• Self-attested community certificate from the applicant who has attained 18 years/other age
• Community certificate attested by parent/guardian
• Income certificate issued by the competent authority in the State/UT Government
• Fee receipt of ‘current course year
• For scholarship under the MCM-based scheme, students are required to upload a self-attested mark sheet with 50% or more marks in the final qualifying examination at the higher secondary/graduation level.
• residential / domicile certificate
• Student’s bank account number with IFSC code of the bank branch (in respect of pre-matriculation scheme, bank account number with the IFSC code of the parent/guardian)
• Actual student certificate from the school/institute, if the State/UT domicile is different from that of the State/UT
• The aadhar card number of the student or genuine student certificate from the school/institution, and Aadhar enrollment ID (if applied for Aadhaar) and scanned copies of bank passbook
What is Scholarship Test?
National Scholarship Examination (NSE) is an all-India level examination consisting of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) for students from class 5 to graduation level. The NSE questions will test the decision-making and reasoning skills of the candidate.
How many subjects are there in the scholarship exam?
The syllabus includes subjects like Hindi (1st language), Mathematics, English (3rd language) and Intelligence. The scholarship exam consists of two papers of 150-150 marks.
Who can apply for NSP Scholarship 2022?
The beneficiaries of the scholarship program are students belonging to both pre-matric and post-matric categories. National Scholarship Program 2022 will cover students who belong to economically weaker sections, scheduled tribes, scheduled castes and workers, irrespective of their gender.
Who is eligible for NSP?
National Means Cum Merit Scholarship – Family income should not be more than 1.5 lakh, more than 55 per cent of 7th class students can appear in the scholarship exam. Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students – Must belong to the SC category, family income should be less than 6 lakhs.
What is the minimum percentage for scholarships?
The minimum percentage criteria to apply for any scholarship is that the candidate must have secured more than 80% marks in the class 12 examination. Also, the income of the parents of the candidate should not exceed Rs. 4.5 lakhs per year.