Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any Guitarists Out There?

Hey, does anyone else around here play guitar, bass, drums or sing in a band? I am a guitar player. I've been playing for almost 2 years now.

Re: Any Guitarists Out There?

Been playing since 15. I was in a band back in high school, but now we've all scattered for college. i don't even think i can make music with them anymore, as my tastes have changed dramatically since then. we used to play very... mainstream alt rock. i wouldn't be able to take it now, haha

I play drums in a band called Code 46. Took the name from a Michael Winterbottom film. We play jazz. We have an upright,Trumpet,Tuba, and flute. It's a weekend thing.

I've played bass for about six years, piano/keyboards for three-ish, guitar for one and a half and I recently picked up a ukelele.

I played piano for about 5 years and have played guitar now for 15 years.

So what do you guys play? I love playing Hendrix, just because he has such awesome guitar parts. There's a guitar club in my school, and I play Purple Haze anytime someone asks me to play. Last week, me ands the guy that I'm "in compettion" with for the best player in the club ran into some girls after the club and they asked me to play. I played Purple Haze, and they liked.
Then, my competion plays My Friends by the RHCP, and the string breaks on him.