Go to the NEW FORUM
I want to try something out. I have created a folder on the web that you can get access to in your Windows Explorer. In this folder, we can all share documents with each other.
Connect to a network using the following login details:
FTP server: ftp18.bravehost.com
To begin with, there's one Excel sheet in the folder. I have entered my personal rank of the AM top 100 albums in an EOY-summary type spreadsheet. Go ahead and rank the albums according to your taste in a new column! If the instructions in column EC are not enough, use this thread to ask how to enter data, etc.
The document name is AM_top_100_v1_Henrik.xls. When you add a list, please update with a new version number and your name. For example AM_top_100_v2_nextperson.xls.
Hopefully we can have a lot of fun in this share area. If it becomes abused, then I will remove it.
it's not working for me.
do you have to have Windows Explorer? cause I'm on a Mac.
This looks like it could be great.
I wonder how the forum will compare to the critics in each region.
One thing when I added my rankings to v1 their was an error in I61:I75 and this caused an error in K61:K75.
I think I corrected it by copying the formula of I60 and K60 into their respective columns.
I posted as Blair Rose.
I can not find the folder on the web
I think you everyone who's got Windows Explorer should be able to set up a connection. My computer is in Swedish language, so I have to guess the English translations but here's what you have to do:
* Open Windows Explorer
* Go to Tools/Network connections
* Don't search for a folder. Instead, click on a link that says something like "Connect to server". This should open a "Guide to add network connection".
* Click "Next" two times.
* Enter the ftp link.
* Don't logon as anonymous. Enter username and password.
I've understood. I try to enter. Thanks
Can anybody with Windows Vista help me out?
I'm on Vista and the simplest way I did it was:
1. Open Windows Explorer (My Documents, My Computer etc.)
2. Type ftp://"FTP server name" into the top address bar that says where you are (C:--User-Documents, etc.).
3. After pressing enter A log in box appears and enter the "user name" and "password".
You should be able to see the files from here.
Alternatively you could download a free FTP program and connect using that.
No one else who wants to rank the AM top 100 albums?
No one else who wants to share some documents?