Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Do you agree with the AMG track picks

Sometimes I think pretty much everyone will, but I was just looking at their picks for Workingman's Dead and despite exactly half of the eight tracks having a "tick" next to them, my favorite two do not. those being "black peter" and "high time".

It's not the first time this has happened. I can't think of any more examples, but has this ever happened to you?

Re: Do you agree with the AMG track picks

I think it happens more often than not, really. Then again, I don't look at AMG that often.

Moeboid
Sometimes I think pretty much everyone will, but I was just looking at their picks for Workingman's Dead and despite exactly half of the eight tracks having a "tick" next to them, my favorite two do not. those being "black peter" and "high time".

It's not the first time this has happened. I can't think of any more examples, but has this ever happened to you?

Definitely! It happens more often than not for me.

AMG picks Wilco's "The Late Greats" as a best of on A Ghost is Born, and it's the worst song on the album imo.

So in a word "no."

I had not been looking at AMG very often until you provided this post. While I appreciate AMG's efforts to provide track preference guidance and describe their views about songs identified as reviewed, I don't always agree - there is disagreement with their positive reviews and song selections about 20% of the time my favorite performers.

For example, for Todd Rundgren's "Liars" album AMG selected "Future" as a preferred track while I prefer "Stood Up" and "Wondering" over "Future." That said, "Future" is a pretty good track itself.