Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Telegraph EOD song list

Titled «100 songs that defined the noughties», here's Telegraph's End of Decade song list: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/6198897/100-songs-that-defined-the-Noughties.html

Far from being the best EOD list, but I guess every list counts...

Re: Telegraph EOD song list

Can you validate a list of songs from the 2000's, featuring songs from other decades?

99. Never Gonna Give You Up (1987)

81. Don’t Stop Believin’ (1981)

60. Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad (1999)

I don't think this list should be included, as AM should be about recommended music and this is not a list of "best" or "greatest" songs. The headline is

"Love it or hate it, the music of the Noughties was inescapable, coming from adverts, video games and that newfangled gadget, the iPod. This is the Telegraph's list of the songs that defined the decade."

never gonna give you up might as well be a song of the decade, what with rick rolling and all.

Henrik has a point there (although I found this following a link they named "Top 100 songs of the 00s", but I guess that's not really relevant).

Otisredding's point is also a good one, although of course, "London Calling" appears on a few 80s lists, I believe.

OK, so the list will not be included. But thanks anyway, spiderpig!

London Calling is between 70 i 80, and 69 Love Songs between 90 i the 00's, etc. But the problem is the date of publication.

Otisredding
Can you validate a list of songs from the 2000's, featuring songs from other decades?

99. Never Gonna Give You Up (1987)

81. Don’t Stop Believin’ (1981)

60. Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad (1999)

Rick Roll was definitely pretty big this decade. Bigger than it ever was prior.

Yeah...

it's a fine line for some lists. Lists that tout the most important songs, most influential songs, music that shaped our lives (for the better, in cases of these kinds of lists), etc.- OK> But if it's just saying they think these songs defined a decade, and that's it, that's a tad different.