Put a Pin on the Map View my Forum Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who needs the Strokes when you got the Feelies?

take your velvet underground, put some television on it, mix it with some modern lovers and sprinkle a bit of the talking heads on top and you'll get something close to The Feelies' debut album, 1980's "Crazy Rhythms." I just listened to it on lala and am deeply impressed. it's a true hyperactive post-punk gem that everyone should take a listen to! Currently just inside the top 500 (#491) but this should be much higher.

this one takes a while:

and did i mention REM recognizes them as an influence?

Re: Who needs the Strokes when you got the Feelies?

Big fan here. I think their first three albums are all excellent. I actually listen to Crazy Rhythms a little less than The Good Earth & Only Life (albums 2 & 3). CR is a great album, but I love the acoustic strumming on album #2 and the simple, emotional guitar solos on album #3 a little more than the drone-rock on the debut.

Discovered it a mere 2 months ago but its already climbed straight into my all time top 10. Pure magic.

i was just telling my stepdad (who used to be in the music business) about the feelies because i thought he'd really like them and he told me that he actually worked with them during their Only Life time period! he said he personally got Lou Reed to play with them at a show and got them to open for him on his US tour. craziness.

Love that album. In my top 25.
Very disappointed with the cheap packaging of the new re-issue though.

Michael
take your velvet underground, put some television on it, mix it with some modern lovers and sprinkle a bit of the talking heads on top and you'll get

a british version called The Monochrome Set as well.. hell, i love that Feelies debut, but... whatever