06)Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
05)Elliot Smith - Figure 8
04)Radiohead - Kid A
03)Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antarctica
02)The Knife - Silent Shout
01)Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam

http://fishpork.com/category/lists/

Re: EOD List - Fishpork

By the looks of this list, they might as well be Pitchfork.

good to see strawberry jam getting some due recognition

ChrisF
By the looks of this list, they might as well be Pitchfork.

I thought their name sounded similar to Pitchfork, but the list isn't really similar. Four out of their top ten, including number 1, didn't make P-fork's cut.

Still, a very similar list.

I know the guys that run this, the point of Fishpork is to be the anti-christ to the hipster that is Pitchfork...hence the simularity, if you read their articles you would see the difference

Mark from Fishpork here. Thanks for sharing the list! Not sure how many Pitchfork lists Elliott Smith, Autolux and Enon will make these days. Check out our other lists and let us know what you think.

Mark
Mark from Fishpork here. Thanks for sharing the list! Not sure how many Pitchfork lists Elliott Smith, Autolux and Enon will make these days. Check out our other lists and let us know what you think.

Hey Mark. I took your advice and checked out the site. I like your review style. And that's really what I dislike about PFork. Good site.

Mark

Elliott made Pitchfork 200, but it's true: i'm yet to see enon or autolux these days. Enon used to make some EOY, but after thoses, nowhere to be seen.

Pitchfork reviews, well, i kinda have mixed feelings about it. They do have some pretty bad ones, especially if you check out some of their 90's reviews or the bombs. But there are others which are pretty great and relevant. I like pitchfork and i might be minority. I guess the one that got right most of the time is Allmusic, people over there are my favorites, at least when they hate something they make sense. I truly dislike reviews from Rolling Stone & Entertainment Weekly, at least these days. And is true, Fishpork sounds like Pitchfork and they kinda share the same love for the same artists. But that's it, right now and so far i can't see more similarities between them. I liked Fishpork, i bookmarked that page.