Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Project 3000: Rebooted

I now have 2,892 of the top 3000 albums. Considering how many new entries there are - this was a massive overhaul of the list, and a welcome one - that's pretty remarkable.

Of the 108 albums that now comprise my wishlist, the breakdown is as follows:

1001-2000: 15
2001-2500: 28
2501-3000: 65

The highest-ranked albums that I do not own are Derrick May's INNOVATOR (#1063), and CHEGA DE SAUDADE by Joao Gilberto (#1157).

Re: Project 3000: Rebooted

You mean you already have Noir Desir's "Tostaky"? Wow!

have any of the albums you hadn't bought from the previous 3000 been taken off the list? and if so will you continue to pursue them or will you hold off till you get the higher listed albums of the new list?

I made a mistake earlier - I was so preoccupied with the new additions that I forgot to check up on the ones I'm still missing from the previous list. Only five of those albums are still on the top 3000, so I actually own 2,887 of the new top 3000.

To answer Michael's question, yes, the albums that have fallen off the list are now less of a priority.

Hey, Harold, I woould be glad to send you by ordinary mail the Spanish albums on the Top 3000. You only need to mail me, send me your adress and the name of the albums you already own (if it's the case) and I will be really honoured to help. These are the (12) albums:
#1490 Veneno – Veneno
#1748 Joan Manuel Serrat – Mediterráneo
#1779 Camarón - La leyenda del tiempo
#1787 Pata Negra - Blues de la frontera
#2116 Vainica Doble – Heliotropo
#2128 Ketama - Songhai
#2344 Gabinete Caligari - Cuatro rosas
#2431 Alaska y Los Pegamoides - Grandes éxitos
#2434 Alaska y Dinarama - Deseo carnal
#2611 Radio Futura - La canción de Juan Perro
#2758 Sisa - Qualsevol nit pot sortir el sol
#2781 Radio Futura - La ley del desierto, La ley del mar

Honorio
Hey, Harold, I woould be glad to send you by ordinary mail the Spanish albums on the Top 3000. You only need to mail me, send me your adress and the name of the albums you already own (if it's the case) and I will be really honoured to help.

Wow, Honorio! Thanks for the offer. I'm honored that you would consider that. These would all be CDs, correct?

I have SONGHAI, and I've just ordered a copy of VENENO - with luck, I'll have a complete top 1500 again before Thanksgiving (including CHEGA DE SAUDADE, the entire contents of which are included on an out-of-print anthology titled THE LEGENDARY JOAO GILBERTO, which I've also just ordered - at an exorbitant price, but as I've said money's no object for me for an album ranked that high). You may very well be hearing from me in the near future, because an offer like this - to obtain as many as 10 in one shot - is too good to pass up.

Well, Harold, I have all these albums on CD, but instead of sending you my used copies I would prefer to buy you the new CDs (I think they are all easily available in my city's stores for a reasonable price). Probably the only exceptions would be the two Alaska's, there was recent reissues with bonus CD so I'll probably keep the new reissues and send you the "original" CDs I bought 4 or 5 years ago if you don't mind (they're in perfect state of conservation). So finally 10 CDs, isn't it?

Honorio
Well, Harold, I have all these albums on CD, but instead of sending you my used copies I would prefer to buy you the new CDs (I think they are all easily available in my city's stores for a reasonable price). Probably the only exceptions would be the two Alaska's, there was recent reissues with bonus CD so I'll probably keep the new reissues and send you the "original" CDs I bought 4 or 5 years ago if you don't mind (they're in perfect state of conservation). So finally 10 CDs, isn't it?

"...if you don't mind." You're kidding, right?

I will e-mail you sometime in the next few days. Again, thanks, Honorio - I truly appreciate this.