Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Unicode compatibility

From the report errors thread:

BillAdama
When I look at Bjork's artist page it shows as:

Bj�rk

I don't know about to you, but to me that middle o with an umlaut looks like a large black diamond with a question mark in it. I think you have unicode compatibility issues.
A few questions:

How many have this problem?
Don't web browsers usually identify the coding (Western in AM's case)?
Does anyone know of a program that converts a (very large) file from UTF8 to ASCII?

Re: Unicode compatibility

It shows up just fine here at my end!

From my very sporadic forays into web design, I get the impression that -- quite apart from what the webmaster actually puts in his HTML -- issues can arise with the set-up of the server *and*, of course, in the individual user's browser. Since some of us have no problem, it might be a question of individual browser settings only; as Henrik indicates, technology has come a long way towards solving this automatically, but when you frequently view pages in the Scandinavian languages (not to mention some of the Middle Eastern ones) you keep coming across instances where it doesn't quite work out, and you have to go to "View --> Encoding" (in Firefox) or "Page --> Character Set" (in Internet Explorer) and change something by hand [sorry if they're not called *exactly* that -- my software's in Danish].

Just my 5 cents: I suspect Henrik and BillAdama know all about this already.