8. The Script
7. Towers of London
6. Busted
5. Scouting for Girls
4. Tokio Hotel
3. Blazin' Squad
2. brokeNCYDE
1. The Jonas Brothers

Seems like they don't know the French bands.
I would vote for Busted as worst bands on that list, but I have not heard some of them (especially Blazin' Squad and brokeNCYDE whose name and photos are especially lame).

And next question, are all of them worst than Black Eyed Peas ?

Re: The 20 Worst Bands of the 2000s by Gigwise

Nassim, count yourself EXTREMELY lucky to have never heard of brokeNCYDE. If I had to make a ten worst bands of the 2000's list- it would look something like this...

10. (Every single Metalcore band to appear within the last ten years)
9. Shinedown
8. Black Eyed Peas
7. Limp Bizkit
6. The Jonas Brothers
5. Theory of a Deadman
4. Hinder
3. Insane Clown Pose
2. brokeNCYDE
1. Nickelback

Nick
Nassim, count yourself EXTREMELY lucky to have never heard of brokeNCYDE. If I had to make a ten worst bands of the 2000's list- it would look something like this...

10. (Every single Metalcore band to appear within the last ten years)
9. Shinedown
8. Black Eyed Peas
7. Limp Bizkit
6. The Jonas Brothers
5. Theory of a Deadman
4. Hinder
3. Insane Clown Pose
2. brokeNCYDE
1. Nickelback

I've never heard of Hinder and Theory of a Deadman either.
But feel lucky not to have heard (I guess) Kyo, Pleymo, Tragédy, Aqme, Enhancer, Watcha and Indochine.

And regarding your #10, I was gonna say that Killswitch Engage, Hatebreed and Chimaira ain't THAT bad, but it looks like they formed in the 90s!

Apparently Brokencyde are not beloved by other bands, either. From a Chicago TRIBUNE review of this year's Warped tour:

"Worst of all was Brokencyde, a New Mexico foursome that eschewed instruments all together, singing, screaming and rapping half-baked verses in a parodic display that resembled karaoke gone awry. Gallows frontman Frank Carter took notice of the spectacle from across the lot, instructing the crowd to 'turn around and boo what’s going on over there'."

dear god brokencyde is awful. i'd almost rather listen to crazy frog

I usually don't listen to bad music. I have no music channels on TV, don't listen to crap radio and hardly ever misses when checking out new music on Spotify. Which means I've never even heard of The Pigeon Detectives, Theory of A Deadman, I Set My Friends On Fire, Hot Leg, One True Voice, Metro Station, The Script, Towers of London, Blazin' Squad and brokeNCYDE. The other bands are pretty unknown to me as well, but I've heard about them. I still like The Darkness, though. They're not crap, they made good and fun rock and roll.

I really like Hard-Fi's debut album and definitely dont think they merit inclusion on the list.

No Good Charlotte? They're much worse than some of those...

There are just too many to name. I agree with all the inclusions on the list, and all of those that the AM-ers have listed. And I have my very own list, of course. But we need the bad music to have the great music.

I do think making lists like this, though funny, also gives undue attention to those shitty bands.

Throw in Fall Out Boy and The Feeling and you've got a pretty solid list there.
Sean, I think the bigger issue is that most of these bands have received plenty of undue attention already. Drawing attention to the specific issue of how utterly shit they are can only help to redress the balance.

I take issue with the mention of both The Darkness and Fall Out Boy.

They're not amazing, and they're not reinventing the wheel, but Fall Out Boy are much better than the what the general impression is. A bunch of talented guys who write deliciously clever, more-aware-than-what-they're-given-credit-for pop/rock. They're like the Journey of the 2000s -- people are going to look back in 20 years and say "y'know, they actually weren't that bad. That lead singer, he could fuckin' sing!"

As for the Darkness well... again, it all comes down to songs. I'm sorry, but that debut album is, song-for-song, pretty damn solid. Sure, the band's image was all gimmick, but they weren't out to fool anyone into thinking they were something they weren't (ie. Theory of a Third Eye NickelCreed).

I also like Fall Out Boy(1st 2 albums) and The Darkness (1st album).

When I first heard Fall Out Boy they really stood out to me amongst all the other emo, or whatever you want to call them, bands at that time. But now they are just in the background and sound like everything else. I'm really disappointed that they didn't make anything of themselves because I thought they were talented at the time. Maybe it had something to do with my age when they came on the scene.

Yes, The Darkness are a one trick pony, but that album is still really good.

EDIT

I've also seen several worst songs of all-time / decade lists floating around. I could make a spreadsheet of those if I get some free time. It probably won't be for a while. That might be good for a laugh though.

No Buckcherry?

I love the Feeling. They were one of the few bands that got terrible reviews but still have a major following in college radio because of all the requests they get. If you want good novelty metal I'll take Adrew WK's debut anyday over the Darkness.

Where is John Mayer?

His little bedroom-whispery voice is creepy, and at work I'm forced to hear him constantly. Singing about wanting to be around my daughters and make them into lovers.

I can't really argue against any of those except maybe The Darkness.

I'd add the following though:

The Black Eyed Peas
Nickeback
Creed
Backstreet Boys
Panic at the Disco
Coldplay
The Killers
Destiny's Child

And if we can throw in solo artists:

Beyonce
Fergie
Ashlee Simpson
Vanessa Carlton
Pink
50 Cent

Yikes.... I'm going to stop before I go on for too long.

James Blunt!

Moonbeam
I can't really argue against any of those except maybe The Darkness.

I'd add the following though:

The Black Eyed Peas
Nickeback
Creed
Backstreet Boys
Panic at the Disco
Coldplay
The Killers
Destiny's Child

And if we can throw in solo artists:

Beyonce
Fergie
Ashlee Simpson
Vanessa Carlton
Pink
50 Cent

Yikes.... I'm going to stop before I go on for too long.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's leave The Killers, Panic at the Disco, Coldplay, and Beyonce out of this. All the others I'll agree with.

Some of these bands mentioned do not deserve this label at all e.g.(Coldplay and Beyonce among others) I mean where are Iglu & Hartley?? Madness.

o and the Feeling are perfectly alright!

I seriously didn't expect any sort of backlash on the comment about The Feeling.
It's a sad reflection on the moribund state of college radio if people are requesting this kind of bollocks...music for people who consider James Blunt a bit edgy or think Keane have strayed a bit too far towards the avant-garde.
Yeah, I know music is ultimately just entertainment, but making a career out of something this workaday, this utterly bland, this nakedly careerist is a kick in the sack to anyone forced to actually 'work' for a living.

1. Any boy band (too many to choose)
2. Any rap band (too many to choose)
3. Blink-182 (how they were more popular than Green Day eludes me)
4. Creed
5. Limp Bizkit
6. Nickelback
7. My Chemical Romance
8. Fall Out Boy
9. Disturbed (truly disturbing)
10. Shinedown

I'm gonna toss Green Day out there for good measure.

Lady Gaga. Just because she comes across as desperate especially when it comes to kissing up to gay guys. She's too pop to dress so avant garde. My problem is how the gay fans completely eat it up.

Moonbeam

You crack me up little buddy.

Stephan
Moonbeam

You crack me up little buddy.

In all honesty, though, I loathe them. It's mostly their 90s work that I abhor, but still- Green Day is a no-go in my book.

Tim E.
Lady Gaga. Just because she comes across as desperate especially when it comes to kissing up to gay guys. She's too pop to dress so avant garde. My problem is how the gay fans completely eat it up.

maybe it'll be Gaga that becomes the transition artist that brings avant garde to mainstream audiences!

wouldn't that be something?