The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Demise of the V11 DVLA Tax reminder

"It looks like the paper reminder is still in operation."

Yes Ron, a paper reminder service is still in operation (V211 form) which you receive approximately 2 weeks after the Tax has expired. Also, don't forget that even if your Tax rate is zero, and I quote from the form if not re-taxed.. Failure to do so is an offence and you may incur an £80 penalty, or your vehicle could be clamped or impounded.
What another UK Gov't f**k up?...never!! :laughing:

Odd as I received V11 reminders for 2 of my vehicles this month!?

Well I just signed up to the digital scheme, which is simple enough. I will now get an email and text reminder. BUT! It looks like provision for one vehicle only.....I've got about 2 dozen taxed vehicles and motorcycles???? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Now that I'm registered on this new system. I can add vehicles. It's laborious (one at a time with the reg number and the long number off the V5C). I'll just add them now and then as I feel like it. But I've still elected to receive the paper version. Ron

Will the paper version remain the default or do you have to apply to receive it in future?....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Well they say the paper version will still carry on. But I guess they will eventually try to get us all paperless and on line. Ron

I've now registered and asked for paper reminders, so I eagerly await the first on in the post.

Nieuwe pagina 1