Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Demise of the V11 DVLA Tax reminder

Has anyone received one of the DVLA V211 'Last Chance Reminder' letters? I did recently thinking either I didn't receive the V11 or just forgot to renew the tax. After subsequent investigation it appears that the DVLA have introduced a new system whereby you have to register with them to then be informed of imminent Tax renewal requirement by either Text or email.

Re: Demise of the V11 DVLA Tax reminder

It looks like the paper reminder is still in operation.

Drivers can now get digital road tax reminders, thanks to a new service from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA). The new VED (Vehicle Excise Duty) reminder service provides an instant notification about road tax, which means drivers do not have to wait for a paper reminder in the post.2 Aug 2023

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I received a 'Last Chance' letter without getting the normal notification letter first....If the DVLA have done away with the reminder then they forgot to mention it to anyone, including the Post Office who know nothing about it...

With the Last Chance letter you can't tax your vehicle at the Post Office as the document helpfully doesn't include a barcode...You will have to turn up with your V5C and the Last Chance letter to get the tax.....

DVLA....'Total confusion...Just another service we provide'...:laughing: ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

"It looks like the paper reminder is still in operation."

Yes Ron, a paper reminder service is still in operation (V211 form) which you receive approximately 2 weeks after the Tax has expired. Also, don't forget that even if your Tax rate is zero, and I quote from the form if not re-taxed.. Failure to do so is an offence and you may incur an £80 penalty, or your vehicle could be clamped or impounded.
What another UK Gov't f**k up?...never!! :laughing:

Odd as I received V11 reminders for 2 of my vehicles this month!?

Well I just signed up to the digital scheme, which is simple enough. I will now get an email and text reminder. BUT! It looks like provision for one vehicle only.....I've got about 2 dozen taxed vehicles and motorcycles???? Ron

Now that I'm registered on this new system. I can add vehicles. It's laborious (one at a time with the reg number and the long number off the V5C). I'll just add them now and then as I feel like it. But I've still elected to receive the paper version. Ron

Will the paper version remain the default or do you have to apply to receive it in future?....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Well they say the paper version will still carry on. But I guess they will eventually try to get us all paperless and on line. Ron

I've now registered and asked for paper reminders, so I eagerly await the first on in the post.

Nieuwe pagina 1