Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1940 Triumph 3HW?????

Indeed TL 24349 was a 3SW from contract C7162 in 1940. The engine is from 3HW contract C13948 1942/3. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron, 3HW 32583 engine number is to low to be from contract 13948.

Of course Steve! I was looking at the frame numbers, forgetting that the engines are 10,000 away! Strange number! A picture might help. Ron

Hi all. This bike has now been listed on ebay if you would like a look. All thoughts and comments welcomed along with any ideas as to it's current value. It would be a good project for me Thanks. Pete

It's not coming up easy! A link to the listing would be handy. Ron

Hi all. This bike has now been listed on ebay if you would like a look. All thoughts and comments welcomed along with any ideas as to it's current value. It would be a good project for me Thanks. Pete

Yes Ron. That's the one.

I think the girder fork on that bike is off another model, they aren't triumphs own, or later 1942 onwards webbs except the fork shock absorber knob, other parts are a mix of pre war and wartime parts, if the engine number is correct it could be from a batch of spare engines with lower numbers, 3HW engine numbers start at around 3HW 40000+ or maybe just below, if it's a spare parts engine they usually have a brass tag riveted under the magneto platform.

Nieuwe pagina 1