Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pickling paint inside my tank!

yes paint stripper seems as not as good as it used to be so Going down the acetone route to try and remove the remaining paint inside , hopefully this should work and then deal with the very light rust which developed from using the white vinegar and swilling method

From advice I’d read on t’internet, I started trying to remove the tank sealer with acetone, I wouldn’t touch it. It probably will remove paint, but if you want the job sorting, so you can put it to bed. Dichloromethane would be the substance I would choose. I’ve also been down the Diet Coke/vinegar rust removal, whilst they do have some merits. Using a sodium carbonate solution (Wilkos sell it) and connecting your tank to a battery charger will completely remove any trace of rust. There are plenty of ‘how to’s’ on YouTube. Or I’m happy to show you pics and help if you email me.

email (option): timmykins@icloud.com

I must admit I had a wry laugh the last time I bought 'Nitromors' paint stripper (some time back)....It's so safe now it's not even a threat to paint..:relaxed: ....
'Evostick' glue (is it still available?) was the same...It didn't even smell the same but the customer service department would not admit the formula had been changed when I rang them...It plainly had been as the glue didn't work as well...

It seems that all effective active ingredients are dangerous as well as all the nice food being fattening!!...:laughing: Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1